What shame that Japanese have to get the 'better' version (as always):

http://xbox.ign.com/news/39046.html

I want one of these NOW!

sinizuh
11-19-2001, 01:09 AM
then why don't you go live in japan, your japanese-wannabe! :rolleyes:

gidevil_54
11-19-2001, 08:45 AM
Those do look like the better controller. I can't remember how many times during Halo that I've hesitated to press the Y button cuz I thought it was the white button. Will these ever be released in the US?

blueknight
11-19-2001, 09:52 AM
I actually like the controller. I think it fits my hands well. It's just a matter of getting all the controls down. I really wish the xbox logo was lighted with a neon green light. That would rock! That would be cool if the other buttons were lighted too. I heard they were going to be but it cost too much. Too bad. That would have been cool.

BK

Marc
11-19-2001, 10:13 AM
I like our conrollers. The only thing I would change would be to put the black and white buttons underneath the conroller, just above the trigger. The japanese controllers DO look sweet though. If I can, I might just pick one up when they are released.

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 10:21 AM
I love the controller, I can play for hours and my hands don't get cramped, its the only controller I have ever been able to use so long without my hands cramping. However, I do agree, the black and white buttons are hard to use properly, I accidentally turn my flashlight on in Halo frequentlyin the heat of battle when switching weapons.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 11:19 AM
I think that the regular XBox controller is the best I have ever played with. Better than Atari, NES, SNES, N64, GC, DC, PofS1&2...and the rest of them :D

Hugh_Jass
11-19-2001, 12:02 PM
I'm satisfied with the controller but I would definitely like to try the smaller one to see what I'm missing.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 01:28 PM
Good point, Hugh_Jass...Also with 3rd Party contollers...Usually, I'm not interested in any other controller if it is not made by the OEM, however, a few look pretty interesting and my curiosity is peaked with what the Japanese one looks like :) Though, I love the normal XBox Controller

PurpleShamrock
11-19-2001, 01:33 PM
?

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 01:37 PM
if you have small hands or are used to playstations than I would agree the japs version would suit tou much better

Gammer4Life
11-19-2001, 01:51 PM
If it is availible ill try to get the jap controller, i like the white buttons on the bottom better. I'm already use to the controller i have now, it just took some time to get use to the bottons on fever, but i know the buttons now like any other system, so i am not going to complain.

thedrisc
11-19-2001, 03:10 PM
I think the xbox controller is awesome. It’s not too big at all. My wife is 5 feet two inches, Asian, and has tiny hands. She has gotten half way through oddworld and I asked her what she thought of the controller and she said its great. If it fits her hands it will fit anyone’s.

El Pollo Loco
11-20-2001, 03:30 PM
I think the controller is pretty good. The button placement is a bit to get used too though. Its the only game controller I've ever used that hasnt made my thumgs or fingers sore after extended use. WOOOOOO MY FIRST POST!

l Maximus l
11-20-2001, 04:39 PM
El Pollo Loco...Dude! I noticed that, too! I have played my XBox for several hours and my hands are in tip top shape :D No sore thumbs or fingers...it's almost too good to be true :D

jeah
11-20-2001, 08:16 PM
I think the a,b,x,y buttons on the xbox (USA) controller are the best ever. At least for me, they are at the exact angle my thumb is at. The DC and Jap controller have a,b,x,y buttons in more of a square and are separated farther apart. I still have to get used to my xbox controller because it is different than the DC controller, but I love it.

zanner
11-21-2001, 10:27 AM
I like the controller, very well layed out for the games. I love the way Halo controls now. The only thing that confused me at first was the buttons, I was going back to my old SNES games when it was Y,X,B,A and was getting them confused on the Xbox controller, but now I have it down pat, Y,B,X,A whoohoo. At first i was skeptical of this controller because I loved the PS controller and the dreamcast controller sucked for me, but this controller is very well done imho.

l Maximus l
11-21-2001, 10:37 AM
Ditto here...It's the most comfortable, too. Do you guys remember getting "Nintendo thumb" (when you play games a lot your thumbs start to ache)? I have played hours on the XBox controller and I don't have any issues whatsoever :D

Tazilla
11-21-2001, 11:48 AM
I have three xbox OEM controllers, and one made by Pelican,.. I bought the Trick controller yesterday for my youngest daughter,...
(I have four daughters)
she's always wanting to play SSX with her big sisters, but there are only two controller ports for the PoS2, and I am not buying the multi tap thing,...
so I bought her, her very own smaller translucent Green with a big black x going across it,..
it should fit her hands great,..
but it is tooo small for my taste,.. I did try it,.. it doesn't feel quite as good to me as the MS one,...

mattcoxonline
11-21-2001, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by blueknight
I actually like the controller. I think it fits my hands well. It's just a matter of getting all the controls down. I really wish the xbox logo was lighted with a neon green light. That would rock! That would be cool if the other buttons were lighted too. I heard they were going to be but it cost too much. Too bad. That would have been cool.

BK

Yeah and it would be cool if the green X lit up on the console and then when you completed a game or done summet dead good, Bill Gates' head appeared as a hologram out of the X.....
...and he said something dead cool like "Congratulations you have completed one of the Xbox's best games and have made me $50 richer - thank you....!"

...or maybe not...

PS: Don't you just hate them flying jungle monkeys that fire bees at you whenever they get ****ed off....? And I like those big dogs that are dead funny.....they shake their head and their mouth shakes - brrrrrr....and they sort of look like they are smiling at you and have floppy ears and don't bark........
PPS: I need medication - also known as Xbox.....

JeremyX
11-21-2001, 05:24 PM
The Xbox controller is by far the most comfortable controller ever. I never have to pull my fingers back to reach the buttons thus preventing the all to familliar thumb cramp. And can I just say that I beat Halo twice, once alone and once with my brother and I can honestly say that it is forever going to rank as one of the funnest games that I have ever played! Now I must go purchese DOA3 and dissapear for another week.

b1edjz79
11-22-2001, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by gidevil_54
Those do look like the better controller. I can't remember how many times during Halo that I've hesitated to press the Y button cuz I thought it was the white button. Will these ever be released in the US? WHAT?

Gene Starwind
11-23-2001, 10:55 AM
i love the controller, but i had problems with one game... tony hawk 2x, i cant do those quick combos, but i think it is far more comfortable than the gamecubes

Sachile_
11-23-2001, 01:07 PM
I know what your saying Maximus, My old 64 was murder on my right thumb, but Xboxs just rocks!

but the Madcatz ant that good, ill pay more and get the real one.

I played a GC at Future shop and mad was it small it bally fit my hands and I have small hands for a 16 year old!!

Marc
11-23-2001, 07:17 PM
I was worried about the controller cause it gave me finger cramps at EB when I played it, but I played it for like 8 hours straight and never even thought about my hands aching. It must've been that set up in the kiosk...

Plewis
11-26-2001, 06:30 PM
I dont know what the Jap controllers look like, could someone give me a link or attach a picture please?... do it for the kid!

Cannibal Corpse
11-27-2001, 12:59 AM
No kidding! Here is the thing man:

http://www.slip.net/~tooryani/XBox/

The rest are my setup! :D

DIG IT!!! (in SEGA SCREAM)