PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Wrestling II

davidx
11-26-2002, 06:34 PM
OK, so the first one kind of sucked--from what I heard. What about Pt. 2? Is THE ROCK in it? Why not?? RVD was in Part 1!

Enough of my rambles. If anybody's played this new Wrestling title, give me sum input! How's the CAW mode?

X:cool:

Dave
11-26-2002, 10:40 PM
No Rock or RVD. Dunno why, but assuming it's because the WWE would not allow them in the game. They definitely enhanced the graphics a ton, and did add Big Poppa Pump and a bunch of other's.

I don't own it, but was curious to know if they fixed the retarded entrances or not? If anyone bought it or rented it, let me know if it has like real entrances, or the same old stupid hit a button to make the guy taunt on the way to the ring entrances from part 1.

davidx
11-27-2002, 02:12 AM
Also curious about this title. To anyone whose played it: 3 questions...

1. Do title holders enter the ring wearing their title belts?
2. Weapons & Blood?
3. Realsim factor: Is it somewhat like No Mercy? For instance, in the other Smackdown's, you can Rock Bottom Lita 3 times in a row, and she'll simply 'pop' back up again--unphased. Whereas in No Mercy, you give 3 ROck Bottom's and the opponent is "losing it".

Answers apprcitaed (sp)

X

Crazy Joe
11-28-2002, 11:24 PM
rvd was in the first one because he was an ECW legend, i am surprised to learn he's not in #2 though, i didn't think they would be taking any legends out.

and as for the rock, there are a lot of guys that should be put in before the rock, such as ric flair, shawn michaels, macho man, british bulldog, etc.

SlightlySycho
12-14-2002, 09:56 PM
As for missing wrestlers, it has to do with the licensing. They can only use wrestlers they get the licenses to. And alot of people might not want to give out their licenses like that.

To answer DavidX's questions:
1. No.
2. Yes, though they blood effects aren't quite as good as the last game's. Characters no longer just bleed and their faces don't get really cut up. However, characters do bleed when you hit them hard enough and their blood will still stain the ring.
3. Not really up to No Mercy's realism.

As for my opinion of the game: crap.
Well, maybe not. It just ****ed me off alot.
The fighting engine seems a bit more streamlined. Entrances are fully choreographed (like those in RAW, but with more Variety). The graphics look alot better; no more plastic wrestlers; plenty of bump mapping. And more match types: Battle Royal, Cage, Ladders, and 6 and 8 Man Tags.

But the down sides . . . Woo!
There's this new shop to unlock things. Now, that concept itself is actually pretty good. But what royally f**ks it up is this gambling system. You earn Green Coins, then you have to wager them to win Blue and Red coins which are needed to actually buy things (and yes, as far as I can tell, that's the only way to get Blue and Red coins). It's unquestionably the stupidest idea I've seen in a long time.
Still no watch mode. That makes all the new match types pretty much worthless to me.
Create-A-Wrestler is much more limited this year. Fewer options. You can't use all the entrance attire that's available to the main wrestlers (which is really crappy because those coats, robes, and capes are really friggin' cool). Oh, and the kicker? They took out being able to use custom soundtracks for entrance music. :mad: OF ALL THE STUPID-- [calmblueocean, calmblueocean]
Career really isn't much better. The different regions have their own promoters now. But it's pretty much the same thing: beat the people who are put in front of you while doing as many feats as possible to pump up the excitement bar. Gets a little boring after the third region.
Oh, and it might have just been my disk, but I'm pretty sure there are alot of bugs. Save often.

Ultimately, the Gambling part and the removal of Custom-Entrance-Music made me come to the conclusion that LoW 2 was actually a bit worse than the first game. However, the gameplay is still pretty good (better than RAW's at the very least). If you can overlook the bugs and are still desperate for a wrestling fix, then the game might be worth picking up.

Meanwhile, I'm going to return to my dark corner and continue to pray for a game that doesn't f**k up a perfectly good wrestling game in the execution.
[Lights another candle at his Wild Ring vigil.]

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 12:12 AM
it sucks......IMO

kev05551
01-02-2003, 06:27 PM
if you have Ps2 get smackdown skip low2

ARONO129
01-03-2003, 10:55 AM
I got the first game for $24.88 CDN. I like it. I paid like $95 for Raw and this game is better because of the blood and imported music feature. Also I created a wrestler that looks like me.

As for Raw2. I'm not buying it. They sucked $95 from me the first time and they're not sucking anymore $$$ from me. I'll stick with L.O.W.

kev05551
01-03-2003, 11:44 AM
95$ for raw bull **** l.o.w 2 sucks

davidx
01-09-2003, 09:58 PM
How are the CAW features?

I like making real wrestlers, not super-japed-out robots like in RAW (stupid THQ).

Is it possible to make Triple H? Is the stunner an option for special moves?

lemme know!

d

SlightlySycho
01-10-2003, 04:17 PM
It seems much more limited this year, IMHO. There are a few more options (for example, you can choose facial form) but fewer details (there are only like ten hairstyles:confused: ). As it's been said, you can't use your own songs for entrance music. The entrances are fully scripted, but you can't preview them . . . so you won't really know what will happen until you play with that character. Oh, and the game would lock up on me when I tried to load a character with a custom stencil on him, so I wouldn't advise relying on that.

EHWfedPres
01-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Whatever you do, DO NO GET A SMACKDOWN GAME! Its a horrible arcade game in a wrestling environment, absolutley terrible physics, control system, collision detection, graphics, sound, etc. Smackdown games are worse than WWF RAW...

if you want a very realistic wrestling game, check out some Fire Pro games, Theres 2 for the GBA and about 7 for rhe NES and SNES...also one from the dreamcast.