PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2

GreenFireX
11-26-2002, 07:03 PM
I cant wait for Soul Calibur 2. Soul Calibur for the dc is my favorite figthing game of all time. i think soul calibur 2 for the xbox will be great and be better than all other fighting games on the xbox or any other system for that matter. is anyone else as excited about this game as me?

dronezero
12-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah. This is going to be major when it comes out. The frist game was absolutely amazing (and still one of my favorite games). I think there are a lot of people that have never played the game before that will be stunned when it comes out. DOA is a decent game, but when it is placed next to soul calibur it is nothing.

kazual
12-01-2002, 04:26 PM
Whats the estimated release date?

dronezero
12-01-2002, 06:43 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing. I have heard absolutely nothing though not even what year they expect to have it avalible.

Liquid Gears
12-04-2002, 06:03 PM
This game will rule!! But it won't even get close to rule'n Capom Vs. SNK 2 EO & Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

GreenFireX
12-05-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by dronezero
Oh yeah. This is going to be major when it comes out. The frist game was absolutely amazing (and still one of my favorite games). I think there are a lot of people that have never played the game before that will be stunned when it comes out. DOA is a decent game, but when it is placed next to soul calibur it is nothing.

exactly. doa is great but nothing compared to soul calibur. i cant wait for soul calibur 2. i cant wait to kill people with mitsurugi. i think i will find out when it comes out. if i do i will post it.

This game will rule!! But it won't even get close to rule'n Capom Vs. SNK 2 EO & Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

maybe in your opinion. i thnk the only thing that game might have over soul calibur 2 is if s c 2 isnt on live. that would make such an awesome game so much better. but even if it dosent have it imo it will be the best fighter on the xbox.

Brutal Grace
12-05-2002, 04:39 AM
I like both Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive 2 (the DOA game that came out at roughly the same time period on the same platform).

I'm hoping for very good things from SC2. I do hope the graphics for the Xbox version will be at least somewhat optimized. Am also hoping for several characters to be unlockable in the home versions that aren't in the arcade.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

dronezero
12-05-2002, 12:03 PM
I did some searching around on the release date for SC2 and the best I could come up with was that it is supposed to be released in Japan sometime in the first quarter of '03. So we could see it here in the later portion of the first quarter of '03 to the second quarter of '03. Of course nothing has been confirmed from NAMCO so don't hold your breath.

GreenFireX
12-06-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by dronezero
I did some searching around on the release date for SC2 and the best I could come up with was that it is supposed to be released in Japan sometime in the first quarter of '03. So we could see it here in the later portion of the first quarter of '03 to the second quarter of '03. Of course nothing has been confirmed from NAMCO so don't hold your breath.

thanks for the info. that is good that it will probly come out in teh begining of 03. but like you said i am not going ot hold my breath.

Raised
12-09-2002, 09:46 PM
I too anticipate this game A LOT..

I broke my dreamcast a few days ago and got an Xbox as a replacement... But I miss slaying people with Mitsurigi very much..

So far I only played the bundled games (Sega GT and JSRF) and I must say that I am getting bored..

Let's hope Namco can get this one out soon!

"Welcome back to the stage of destiny"

TheCovenant
12-09-2002, 09:54 PM
I loved the first game, although i have to disagree with all you mitsurugi fans out there. I trained a counter for that character. Be prepared to meet the wrath of voldo and ivy. I trained these characters well to the point that i wont even let mitsurugi characters get near me. As for people who can use lizardman and yoshimitsu............i already lost. those characters do moves out of no where!

Anyways, i heard on OXM that Soul Calibur 2 was ready for a fall release but isnt coming out because they are implementing live features. This also delays the games debut on other consoles because it was set for a simultaneaous multi-console release.

So get ready for me to whoop on you with ivy!

Karacti-rai, i-rai-rai-rai!
(kilik says that)

GreenFireX
12-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
I loved the first game, although i have to disagree with all you mitsurugi fans out there. I trained a counter for that character. Be prepared to meet the wrath of voldo and ivy. I trained these characters well to the point that i wont even let mitsurugi characters get near me. As for people who can use lizardman and yoshimitsu............i already lost. those characters do moves out of no where!

i guess i will have to to train wiht mitsurugi so i can kill you. i will have to wait fo teh game to come out though. i dont have a dreamcast.:( but that is awesome that it will be on live. what issue of oxm said this?

TheCovenant
12-11-2002, 08:46 PM
green fire x, your my kind of guy. whats your gamertag...i'd like to meet you.

I like how you like fighting games.

And good luck with mitsurugi, i figured out some tactics that will make it seem like im cheating ( but im not).

lol. your best luck is with lizardman, that is too say, if ivy retains all her moves from soul calibur1:confused:

GreenFireX
12-13-2002, 01:16 AM
green fire x, your my kind of guy. whats your gamertag...i'd like to meet you.

I like how you like fighting games.

And good luck with mitsurugi, i figured out some tactics that will make it seem like im cheating ( but im not).

lol. your best luck is with lizardman, that is too say, if ivy retains all her moves from soul calibur1:confused:

i dont know if i really want to be your kind of guy.:confused: lol i kid, i kid. well anyways i am regret to say that i dont have xbl yet. but i plan on getting it for x-mas. ivy always was tough for me against my freind. mitsurugi and yoshimitsu are my favorites. but once i get xbl i wil be sure to hook up with you. what games do you have?

TheCovenant
12-13-2002, 10:44 PM
i have halo, DOA, morrowind, unreal championship, ghost recon and mechassault.

Im starting to save NOW for the xbox games coming out next year....theres so many im gonna have to save my XMAS money.

doom 3, halo 2 , battlefield 1942, fable, knights of the old republic,soul calibur 2, marvel vs. capcom 2, capcom vs. snk 2eo, brute force, counter-strike, rainbow six 3: raven shield and maybe even SUDEKI, im not sure about that one though.

hey when you get xbl, hook up wit me. you sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to fighting games.

My gamertag is under my avatar. What your AIM name? it'll be easier to keep in touch with that than to keep postin' in here.............:rolleyes:

GreenFireX
12-14-2002, 06:29 PM
hey when you get xbl, hook up wit me. you sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to fighting games.

My gamertag is under my avatar. What your AIM name? it'll be easier to keep in touch with that than to keep postin' in here.............:rolleyes:

I got xbl today. my gt is Mr Mustard. my aim sn is GreenFireX87. i have uc and the demos. i will try to hook up with you later.

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 12:12 AM
i heard soul calibur 2 will have downloadable content via xbox live

GreenFireX
12-17-2002, 01:39 AM
i heard soul calibur 2 will have downloadable content via xbox live

That will be great. i wonder if they will have like downloadable characters or if it will be like costumes and levels. either way it i should be good. btw sorry i didnt get on live on moday. my project took way longer than i thought it would.:mad: :mad: :mad:

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by GreenFireX

That will be great. i wonder if they will have like downloadable characters or if it will be like costumes and levels. either way it i should be good. btw sorry i didnt get on live on moday. my project took way longer than i thought it would.:mad: :mad: :mad:

HAHAHAH.......IM soryy I didn't go on on monday because MY ESSAY took too long.......

hahahaha....damn school........

GreenFireX
12-17-2002, 05:39 PM

HAHAHAH.......IM soryy I didn't go on on monday because MY ESSAY took too long.......

hahahaha....damn school........

lol. i know. it took me until 9:30 to finish.:mad: we you be on tonight?

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 05:44 PM
ya

GreenFireX
02-08-2003, 01:03 AM
i went to ebgames.com and the release date they have is 8/1/03. so long.:confused: :( :mad:
Here is the link (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=233032)

Baiken
02-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Since it's just a fighting game, I'll probably be importing it.

GreenFireX
02-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Baiken
Since it's just a fighting game, I'll probably be importing it.

It is not just a fighting game. It is the sequel to the greatest fighting game ever.

Cloud Strife
02-17-2003, 06:22 PM
I haven't decided which version of Soul Caliber II I'm going with. I like Link but I don't like using the GC controller. I like Spawn but I don't want to wear out my Xbox anymore. I'll probably get the PS2 version because I love Heihachi and I'm a big Tekken fan. I'm also use to playing fighters with the Dual Shock 2 controller.;)

Liquid Gears
02-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I haven't decided which version of Soul Caliber II I'm going with. I like Link but I don't like using the GC controller. I like Spawn but I don't want to wear out my Xbox anymore. I'll probably get the PS2 version because I love Heihachi and I'm a big Tekken fan. I'm also use to playing fighters with the Dual Shock 2 controller.;)

Ahh man..........

Heihachi?? Are you kiding

no no no, you don't want to do that. Go with the XBox version. Spawn kills!

Cloud Strife
02-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Ahh man..........

Heihachi?? Are you kiding

no no no, you don't want to do that. Go with the XBox version. Spawn kills! Although I am usually Yoshimitsu and Law in Tekken, I sometimes would use Heihachi. I'll just wait and see on August 20th which version I get. :)

GreenFireX
03-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Although I am usually Yoshimitsu and Law in Tekken, I sometimes would use Heihachi. I'll just wait and see on August 20th which version I get. :)

meh soul calibur beats any tekken game.

kachingtensor
03-05-2003, 09:24 AM
Almost hate to bring this up, but the (American) OXM out now has a picture of Sophitia (not Cassandra) in there. Is Sophitia really going to be in this game - alongside sister Cassandra - or is OXM just stupid ?

GreenFireX
03-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by kachingtensor
Almost hate to bring this up, but the (American) OXM out now has a picture of Sophitia (not Cassandra) in there. Is Sophitia really going to be in this game - alongside sister Cassandra - or is OXM just stupid ?

i think i will have to see the new issue to know what you are talking about.

Shadow20002
03-07-2003, 10:18 AM
It's really cool to have these two at once ! More characters to play with !! :rolleyes:

kachingtensor
03-13-2003, 01:33 AM
My french is a little rusty, but I believe that the newtechnix site just ran a story claiming Famitsu Magazine in Japan confirmed Sophitia, Cervantes, and Seung Mina will all be joining the home console cast for SC2. :)

Brutal Grace
03-16-2003, 01:50 AM
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_X-Box_Soul_Calibur_II_29.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_X-Box_Soul_Calibur_II_32.jpg
:D

unit01
04-09-2003, 09:01 PM
I just got the import version a few days ago and all I can say is this game is awesome. The graphics are not a huge jump from the Dreamcast version (which looked great to begin with) but it plays even better than before, not to mention that Spawn is cool as hell.

SoundX
05-04-2003, 06:07 AM
I can't wait for this game, but I can't help thinking that we the Gamecube version has the better charecter, Link. I mean, Spawn? Who is Spawn? He looks totaly cool, but I would of prefered someone like, er, master chief (lol, just a example)...

greendog97
05-07-2003, 08:15 PM
soul calibur 2 is awesome. i cant wait for it to come out on xbox