PDA

View Full Version : A new guy

teXman
11-19-2001, 01:23 AM
XBOXers,
My thirst for everthing XBOX led me to this site and after trolling for a couple of days I decided I wanted to join just to share my thoughts about the launch, and the system in general. To be very honest with you I had no plans to buy another system and ending up buying an XBOX on the 16th not by camping out or reserving but simply walking in a Big K-Mart and buying one. They had 2 left, and I got lucky. I own both a PS2 and XBOX, both have their charm. This reminds me of a little machine called an Atari Jaguar vs. Sony Playstation. Although the Jag had power for days it simply couldn't compete for reasons that I don't know (not that it matters I didn't buy either). Am I saying the XBOX will fail? I hope not, I just spent $500 and some change on it. But power is not everything. Gaming is about fun, not having the most realistic bouncing tits, gory blood splatter, or lush outdoor settings. I don't care who makes it or how fast the CPU is or who made the GPU. All I care about is when I turn it on with my boys we have a good time...bottom line. I can turn on my Super Nintendo and put in Sreet Fighter II Turbo and achieve that but somehow I don't think that's acceptable anymore. So those were my thoughts.

P.S. I HATE shooters but....that ****ed Halo...It won't release me.

Hugh_Jass
11-19-2001, 11:46 AM
Please don't taint XBox by comparing it to the Jaguar. :)

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 11:53 AM
You make a decent point, but, I always find it humorous when I hear people say "graphics and power don't mean anything"...and then later those same people are the first to say "Dude!! Check out the graphics on this game! They are amazing! This machine is so powerful!" ....lol...Give it time, you will see.

By the way, power does mean a lot. Since you have both the PS2 and the XBox, I think it will be obvious that you will buy, FOR EXAMPLE, Metal Gear Solid X (XBox version) over Metal Gear Solid (PS2 version) - (I'm only using this game as an exampel to illustrate my point, not that you like this game or not). My point is, XBox will have many of the same games as the PS2, but they will better - they will have, yes, better graphics, more levels, smoother gameplay, and more breathtaking visuals...and, by the way, this is because of the XBox's power. So, power does matter.

teXman
11-19-2001, 11:58 AM
I didn't say power didn't matter, I said power isn't everything. Many powerful consoles have failed before. XBOX isn't immune to failure. I certainly hope it doesn't because we've all made hefty investments. The Jaguar comparison was just an example of how a powerful system can be crushed by another with not so pretty "specs."