PDA

View Full Version : XBox Rumors

Knight
11-27-2002, 08:53 AM
Cartoon Uses A Retry.
Blinx, while a totally unique experience, had just too many rough edges for the game to be considered a killer app. The game’s camera was awful, the time limit was too confining, and the game was also just too hard! Well, Artoon heard these complaints and is certainly taking them too heart! Blinx 2 is indeed in production and Artoon is addressing many of these nagging little problems. The game will apparently feature much larger levels than in the original, how their going to accomplish this I’m still not sure, also expect more of a story to Blinx’s sequel!
The Hedgehog’s Take- Artoon’s got another Xbox game in development, but more on that at a later date, I’m ready for you a second time Blinx. (And yet another temporal joke)

Anybody Got some Acne Medication?
When Rare joined Team Green they brought more franchises then probably most of you would ever remember. One old classic that the Hedgehog’s been hearing a lot of whispers about is the triumphant return of Battletoads! Essentially a side scrolling brawler like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the game was loved for it’s off the wall attacks and extremely hardcore attitude. Could we see the return of Pimple, Warts, and Zitz to the Xbox? Maybe even with a little Xbox Live thrown in for good measure?
The Hedgehog’s Take- Battletoads is one of my all time favorite arcade games, Rare would be doing the Hog a couple of wishing well coins for bringing those three toads back!

HALO 2, a Release Date?
It may have to see a bit of a delay but what a birthday present this would be. The Hedgehog has heard that Microsoft is shooting for HALO 2 to hit the Xbox on Nov.15 2003, Xbox’s two year anniversary! Not only that, but it will be the one year anniversary of Xbox Live! I know it’s a long ways off, but you have to admit it would be symbolic timing on Bungie’s part.
The Hedgehog’s Take- Microsoft certainly like Nov. 15, is it Bill’s wedding anniversary or something?

High-speed Mechs, High-speed Network?
OK, so I got the wrong publisher, but who cares, From Software’s Murakumo is on its way to the US. Now as great as that sounds, even better things might be coming later next year! My informant Cody has told me that From Software was very impressed with Murakumo, and more importantly Xbox Live. Now putting two and two together, it’s not hard to imagine an Xbox Live enabled sequel might be in the works for this high speed mech game! The Hedgehog will try to get you more Intel on this as soon as I can.
The Hedgehog’s Take- I only hope Xbox Live’s bandwidth can keep up with this game!

http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpFlklVklVYeWkJBwH

Casper
11-27-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Knight

HALO 2, a Release Date?
It may have to see a bit of a delay but what a birthday present this would be. The Hedgehog has heard that Microsoft is shooting for HALO 2 to hit the Xbox on Nov.15 2003, Xbox’s two year anniversary! Not only that, but it will be the one year anniversary of Xbox Live! I know it’s a long ways off, but you have to admit it would be symbolic timing on Bungie’s part.
The Hedgehog’s Take- Microsoft certainly like Nov. 15, is it Bill’s wedding anniversary or something?

I called this after seeing the trailer. I'm starting to believe though, that it's kind of too obvious for them to do it again, and will actually try and one up that, but with M$, you never know.

Knight
11-27-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by casper

I called this after seeing the trailer. I'm starting to believe though, that it's kind of too obvious for them to do it again, and will actually try and one up that, but with M$, you never know.

Are you going to go on XBL with it the day it comes out?

Casper
11-27-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Knight

Are you going to go on XBL with it the day it comes out?

Good question man. But, I would rather enjoy the single player experience first. That's what this basis is of this game, and honestly, I have yet to play on XBC, but 2 times on a Lan, and I don't like it that much. It is nice, but the multi is more Bond-ish, IMO (can here the flames burning). I would like to see more changes in the online experience, but for now, this is the best single-player experience to date.

Cloud Strife
11-27-2002, 02:59 PM
I am glad to see a sequel to Blinx in development but I don't like the idea of taking out the time limit. I like the game challenging. I also don't want them to put too many cutscenes to make it like most Playstation 2 games. I'm still looking forward to it though.;)