PDA

View Full Version : For people who won The Xbox Skin at XBA

Boomer
11-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Just so yous know there not ripping us off, I got mine today in my mail box, and I must say it looks great!, You's should get your skin in a week or two. (no this is not a joke)

Kortiz
11-27-2002, 09:02 PM
sweet

can't wait

thx info bro

ARONO129
11-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Does it stick well? And which one did you get?

mtbaird5687
11-27-2002, 10:37 PM
hmm i hope get mine because i think i put my house thats gettin its mold fixed so i hope they just drop it there. *crosses fingers*

mitchrules1
11-27-2002, 10:46 PM
your house has mold? haha, does it smell or what?

xboxmaster2002
11-28-2002, 12:48 AM
sweet, but the 1 week i borrow my xbox out til monday it will be here and i cant put it on oh well atleast xbox-skins is still sending thim out they rock!

VeNoMiZA
11-28-2002, 01:04 AM
they are hard to put on i got a silver xbox skin it looks swweet but its a pain in the ass to put one on.

sHoP vAc
11-28-2002, 01:16 AM
I forgot i even had one coming.
Its been so long,:( my skin is out there somewhere.

Look at it this way we won somthing for free, and we have to wait for it {just for a very...very long time} :o

Boomer
11-28-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
Does it stick well? And which one did you get?

Yes it does stick well, but like VeNoMiZA said, it is a pain in the ass to get it on. and Arono I got the chrome one it looks nice. and just so your all warned, the instrucions for putting it on aren't all hat great. but at least there are some.

VeNoMiZA
11-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Boomer

Yes it does stick well, but like VeNoMiZA said, it is a pain in the ass to get it on. and Arono I got the chrome one it looks nice. and just so your all warned, the instrucions for putting it on aren't all hat great. but at least there are some.

he isa right the instructions suck lol. i got the silver one as long as you becarefull putting it on u shouldnt ruin anything :p just be carefull when you put it on. thats my .02 cents :) have a good turkey day

Toonz
11-28-2002, 12:36 PM
The best way to put it on................Tape your vent holes than "Carefully" so it doesn't leak inside your xbox apply a sparing amount of a soapy water solution on the surface you wish to apply the label to. Than attach the label. The soapy water will allow the label to slip on the surafce allowing for perfect adjustment. Than simply using a soft straight edged object ( I used a rubber spatula ) Squeegee out the excess water and you will have a perfect placed label. This is not a jerk remark to ruin your Xbox I use this technique at work all the time to apply labels to electronics becuase we use alotta expensive foil label types that are unforgiving when you put them on.

Boomer
11-28-2002, 04:07 PM
I wish I heard that before I applied mine :( lol. oh well it's not baad.

Fred Gasman
11-28-2002, 05:24 PM
I GOT MINE!
It makes my xbox look so cool. See for yourself.

XBOX Dude
11-30-2002, 12:46 PM
I HAD BETTER GET MINE I WANT THAT CHROME BAD.

xboxmaster2002
11-30-2002, 01:11 PM
i got mine yesterday

ZooLaBuS
11-30-2002, 01:19 PM
I got my chrome one today. It was in crummy packaging. It was in a big envelope that said "Do not fold" but it was folded anyway. Luckily it wasnt folded too badly and I can't complain since it was free. But besides that I got mine on and it looks awesome. Looks like a special edition xbox or something!

Thanks XboxAddict.com and Xbox-Skins.com!

squid413
11-30-2002, 03:24 PM
i just got mine today and have to say it looks sweet. and i agree its hard to get on.

Squidpie
11-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Hey Squid.... I just noticed that your name is almost the exact same as mine... I mean how the 413 is like PIE... just a weird observation.... especially since it was unintentional... what does the numbers mean on your name?

XBOX Dude
11-30-2002, 11:29 PM
i got mine today, yeah carrying case i won from xba and yeah chrome skin i won at xba. you guys hold the best giveaways

Professor Kaos
12-01-2002, 06:08 PM
I got mine on the 27th. The only problem i had was putting the big X on top, it's still a little bit off center.

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 06:10 PM
i put mine carefully and it looks very dam good no air bubbles and it is centered.

DZNUTZ
12-02-2002, 12:50 PM
i still haven't got mine:(

Batman2372
12-03-2002, 12:47 AM
Neither have I....

Kraft
12-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Batman2372
Neither have I....

Hey man, haven't seen you around in quite some time. Heck, I even made your sig back in the day :D

Squidpie
12-03-2002, 01:48 AM
I got mine today.. the chrome one.. but I didn't like it at all... so I took it right back off... I like my Xbox better the way it is.

Batman2372
12-03-2002, 08:35 AM
Hey! I've been gone for about a week.... My ISP that my business used got their access pulled without telling us, so we've been scrambling to get access from someone else. Been a real pain. My sig is on one of my servers, so when it comes back up, so will my sig.

When the Xbox-Live beta test ended, I had to switch gears a little. I'm also a tester for America's Army: Operations for the PC, so I've been spending some quality time with that.

But have no fear, I've still been playing my beloved Xbox. As a present I recieved UC, and I rented Ghost Recon and Mechassault last week. Pretty positive I'll be getting Splinter Cell from my wife for Christmas.

Good to see you, Kraft. It's nice to see they made you a mod. Good for you. Take care!

DZNUTZ
12-03-2002, 10:14 AM
well i did end up recieving mine.
too bad it was all wrinkled to.
i've worked with vinyl to some extent before..
i had probs getting the 1st controller port sticker off, i was very careful and the extremely thing piece ripped..so after that i said F' it.
i aint even gonna bother trying to put the rest on.
to bad they stopped the customizable skins...i was thinking about how cool some of em could be.
anyways...thanx to xba for holding the contest:)

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
they are hard to put on i got a silver xbox skin it looks swweet but its a pain in the ass to put one on.

No muva-muffin doubt Veno, I got my joint yesterday (seem like just about everyone did, eh?) and I was struggling with da "X" sticker part. I swear, I was about to throw it in da trash for a sec,. but then I thought to myself,.." would my nephew Jeremy cry like a baby if I did? " So I was like, aight... I gotta get dis to work for my lil' nephew Jeremy-XBA!
So it's on there, lookin pimp tight and all!:cool: I got da Gun Metal joint where you can see through it like glass!
I got da controller ports on with ease. But im happy with it,.. I guess!

Thanks XBA, you have done your Role Model proud!:)

Originally posted by Squidpie
I got mine today.. the chrome one.. but I didn't like it at all... so I took it right back off... I like my Xbox better the way it is.

Yo lil' squidy mamcita, you want your Ninja papi-chulo to come over and make it look good for ya bonita?

You know Ninja Pimp luuuuuuuuves da ladies!:p

:D

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
well i did end up recieving mine.
too bad it was all wrinkled to.

LMAO!!!!:D Keep yo head up, you be-aight! Bwhahahahahah! HOLLA!:cool:

Kortiz
12-03-2002, 02:14 PM
*sigh*

still have not received mine.

Kraft
12-03-2002, 02:23 PM
actually, the X was the easiest part for me... because it was the only piece that actually fits perfectly in the section it was made for. I trimmed out half of the x with a razor, centered it perfectly, then slowly peeled the backing off while working out the air bubbles and wrinkles.

The sqare pieces, on the other hand were a pain. Not only are they smaller than the squares they sit in, but you cant line up the holes without cutting out the wax paper where the holes are, which I ended up doing.

All I can say is, while I do like my skin a lot, they must have taken the demo photo in direct sunlight, because it is a lot darker than I thought it would be. Also, are there any sites out there that do custom skins? Because I still have my template and would be willing to pay for it.

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Damn Kraft Cheese, you went through all dat? Pssfft, I aint even take a second look at da instructions.:rolleyes:

Maybe dats why I had a hard time with dat damn "X" sticker!

I will tell you this, I looks as if my Xbox has new life to it or something. As if it was reborn or something. I know might sound wierd, but they again, im a weird guy! j/k!:D
But foe wheel, I looks like a whole new Xbox,... I wonder if it can do tricks now!:eek:

CrazyCougar
12-03-2002, 02:46 PM
I used the soapy water method to put my decals on. Looks sweet too!!! I got the Gun Metal color and it added a whole new dimension to my Xbox.

As for doing tricks, for now my Box only does one really good. I say sit and stay and it doesnt move. Havent got it to roll over yet, but I am kind of afraid of teaching it that one. Couldnt be good on the ole xbox insides.

Kraft
12-03-2002, 02:47 PM
give me your xbox and a sledgehammer and I will teach it to play dead :D

CrazyCougar
12-03-2002, 02:50 PM
Hmmmm..................NO! Its been problem free to this point dont need any help.