PDA

View Full Version : Top XBOX Sellers for Christmas

Liquid Gears
11-27-2002, 08:50 PM
What do you think will be the top sellers for XBOX this Christmas? We all know XBox Live will be a top seller, but what games?

# 1 Stunner
11-27-2002, 08:57 PM
I think splinter cell will be...

VeNoMiZA
11-27-2002, 08:58 PM
i would say unreal championship, and alot more like, mortal kombat, mechassault, ghost recon maybe :) and splinter cell definitly splinter cell im still looking into getting metal gear solid my friends name made it into the game for the dogg tags i got to check that out :P

# 1 Stunner
11-27-2002, 09:38 PM
dog tags in the game? what?

mitchrules1
11-27-2002, 10:19 PM
I dunno, maybe his friend applied or something to get his name i nthe game

The Jackal
11-27-2002, 10:39 PM
you play the game and hold up the guards and they drop dog tags... when you get a ton you can go to a site and enter your name and see where you are on the world ranking... you can enter your name for lots of things... little seperate games that are featured thats what he meant by his friend got his name on the list

mitchrules1
11-27-2002, 10:42 PM
ok thx man

NomadLLama
11-27-2002, 11:22 PM
splinter cell, mechassault, unreal championship, deadly alliance, ghost recon. metal gear solid will do okay, but more people will be waiting for the ps2 version

The Jackal
11-27-2002, 11:44 PM
what are you talkin about? the PS2 version is gonna be worse... and most people only have Xbox and not PS2 to... so why would they be waitin for it... and look at the thread name... it dont say Playstation games, thanks for comin out ;)

Kortiz
11-28-2002, 12:15 AM
some joker was talkin about a friends name getting in the game as a dog tag....well in Splinter Cell.....there is one guy whose name is Jonathan Sutton.....My name is Jonathan Sitton......freaky ehh?

Liquid Gears
11-28-2002, 12:36 AM
There aren't that many huge titles coming out for XBOX this Christmas. I'm think Capcom Vs. SNK EO 2, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell will be the top sellers for the Christmas holidays. Well....those are the games I think will bring the big bucks to XBOX.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for PoS2 isn't gonna get a lot of hipe at all. Most PoS2 owners already have the Sons of Liberty version. I'm pretty damn sure that all those people aren't gonna sell/trade they're Sons of Liberty copies for the exact same game but with the VR Missions attachment. You gotta be kiding if you think Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance will be as big as Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty :rolleyes:

Playstation is the cheapest company. I mean....ever since the XBOX company came out, all Playstaion does is steal or copy ideas from XBOX. It's rediculous...

VeNoMiZA
11-28-2002, 12:41 AM
heard steel battalion might do good but its tooo expensive.

VeNoMiZA
11-28-2002, 12:45 AM
smells like chicken shhhhat in here or maybe its just some joker round these threads.. oh well yea mitch, thats exactly what i meant :):D :D :D

Liquid Gears
11-28-2002, 12:51 AM
I can tell you what you earn with dog tags...............if you want :D

Lol, I've pretty much gotten every thing in that game already.

evil xbox king
11-28-2002, 03:55 AM
Blinx will be a big seller IMO. Christmas is the time when parents go out and by their Children games. Blinx is pretty muched aimed at the younger audience with it's flashing colours and colourful monsters- not to mention a cat wearing clothes and a princess that needs to be saved. The Harry Potter game will sell for all the systems and so will the Lord of the Rings game. One thing I'm not sure about with the casual gamer would be XBL. To me, It's a must have, but I don't believe that people will switch to Broadband specifically for Xbox Live. Of course, games like Splinter Cell and Mechassault go without saying.

NomadLLama
11-28-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
what are you talkin about? the PS2 version is gonna be worse... and most people only have Xbox and not PS2 to... so why would they be waitin for it... and look at the thread name... it dont say Playstation games, thanks for comin out ;)

sorry, but face the facts. more people have a PS2 than xbox. sure, the PS2 version will be worse, but people are not gonna shell out another 200 bucks for another system that can play a game better.

im just sayin that the ps2 version will probably sell better, providing that UBI is willing to do that port.

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 07:11 AM
I would say:
Splinter Cell
MGS 2 Substance
Unreal Championship
Hitman 2 (This is selling well anyway)
MK Deadly Alliance

Since Xbox games are usuallly targeted toward a small audience, most games will sell low but not too low.

Splinter Cell
11-29-2002, 04:42 PM
I'm going to say that Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance will sell the most.

evil xbox king
11-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Splinter Cell
I'm going to say that Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance will sell the most.

Fix your sig up, his name isn't Sam Fish it's Sam Fisher.

Splinter Cell
11-29-2002, 08:29 PM
You totally reek of awesomeness for catching that. Thanks.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 08:35 PM

Never ever say that again...that was incredibly dumb

Splinter Cell
11-30-2002, 02:11 AM
I can say whatever the fuk I want.

evil xbox king
11-30-2002, 03:55 AM

No prob.

Edit: Wouldn't it be cool if, in the first SC, that his name was Sam Fish, and in the second game- Fish is captured by an enemy going by the name "Sam Fisher". I can imagine the headlines- "FISH CAUGHT BY FISHER"