PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! What a bargain on Splinter Cell!

evil xbox king
11-28-2002, 03:40 AM
How's this for a deal? Splinter Cell for $20 Australian (roughly $10 American), Brand New- right from release! It's at Electronics Boutique, and you must trade in 2 Xb, GC or PS2 games (bye bye Ps2 :)).

Reclaimer
11-28-2002, 04:30 AM
Hmm if it holds true here in Houston, I might part out my copies of Gunmetal and Robotech. I'm considering getting Splinter Cell. Just too lazy to go to the store.

Unreal
11-28-2002, 04:33 AM
That is a pretty good deal. I have the game already and I am playing in China right now, or level 6 :D

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 06:21 AM
That sounds like a great deal but I don't want to trade any of my Xbox games. I like all of mine.;)

Kortiz
11-28-2002, 09:28 AM
Hey burning ranger....you are in Fort Wayne Indiana?

i goto IPFW.....live in Ossian

Piccolo_DBz
11-28-2002, 10:58 AM
Thats how I got MGS 2: Substance :cool:

Frostberg
11-28-2002, 11:03 AM
At EB you can bring in 2 games and get Brute Force for free...if you can wait until it comes out...

HaloMasterVI
11-28-2002, 11:04 AM
I will never buy games from Gamestop again! They charge out the butt! The stores are all filled to the brim with PS2 fanboys!

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
Hey burning ranger....you are in Fort Wayne Indiana?

i goto IPFW.....live in Ossian I've been there before. I'm in college too but down the street away from IPFW on Anthony Blvd. My sister went there and several people from my High School I know go to IPFW. I live in the SW area of Allen County right by U.S. 24 and I-69.

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
I will never buy games from Gamestop again! They charge out the butt! The stores are all filled to the brim with PS2 fanboys! I'll agree with you about Sony fanboys. I went to my local Babbages one day and an employee there was saying bad things to Xbox to a customer who wanted to buy one and why he should buy a Playstation 2. He kept complaining to the customer that you need to buy a DVD remote and Xbox has no good games. :mad: I told the employee Xbox has great games and at least you don't have to buy a memory card. The employee told me I was wrong then left me alone. Ever since I've seen new employees there and haven't seen him again. I believe the manager fired him for doing that.:)

MerimacHamwich
11-28-2002, 03:29 PM
At A&B sound here in Canada you can get it for 65$. That is the cheapest price I have seen. Most xbox games are 70$ -80$ brand new.

Your deal doesn't sound to cheap to me. Infact I think it is incredibly expensive. So you have two xbox,PS2 orGamecube games. They cost what, 50$ each. Then you trade them in at eb and get a 3rd or less of their worth. Then you pay 10$ ontop of that. Technically you paid 110$ on one game. That is quite the rip off. Why not spend the extra 90$ and buy Steel Battalion?

Kortiz
11-28-2002, 03:58 PM
kool....I live on 224 inbetween Bluffton and Ossian.....actually in the process of getting a job at Crossman Communities........their main office is on 24.

so you went to Homestead?

<----Norwell

EHWfedPres
11-28-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
At EB you can bring in 2 games and get Brute Force for free...if you can wait until it comes out...

Yeah, EB has great deals. I remember trading in 2 absolute shìt games for one of the best i have ever played.....Max Payne and WWF RAW for Morrowind. :D

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
kool....I live on 224 inbetween Bluffton and Ossian.....actually in the process of getting a job at Crossman Communities........their main office is on 24.

so you went to Homestead?

<----Norwell I know where Crossman Communities is. I go past there all the time, even today. I was on 224 in that area a while ago to buy a video game system off of somebody. And yes, I did go to Homestead last year. I knew you would be able to guess because they beat Norwell all the time at football. :) I went to a few games that were at Norwell against Homestead. I am considered though going to Purdue in the future to continue engineering.

AmpedRider
11-28-2002, 05:40 PM
any old 2 games and 10$ for a new game....?

AmpedRider
11-28-2002, 09:21 PM
hello anyone know damn it?

evil xbox king
11-29-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
At A&B sound here in Canada you can get it for 65$. That is the cheapest price I have seen. Most xbox games are 70$ -80$ brand new.

Your deal doesn't sound to cheap to me. Infact I think it is incredibly expensive. So you have two xbox,PS2 orGamecube games. They cost what, 50$ each. Then you trade them in at eb and get a 3rd or less of their worth. Then you pay 10$ ontop of that. Technically you paid 110$ on one game. That is quite the rip off. Why not spend the extra 90$ and buy Steel Battalion?

1. Because Steel Battalion isn't out here yet

2. It's not expensive if you trade in two extremely crappy PS2 games (that you got second hand to start with) for possibly the Game of the Year.

Originally posted by Monky
any old 2 games and 10$ for a new game....?

Not quite. The games must be from a next-gen console (in other words- No PC, PSone or N64 games). There is also a list of excluded games.