PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 4 Calibur

kazual
11-28-2002, 06:41 AM
I am a huge fan of Tekken 4 and the whole Tekken series on PS2... wondering if there is any fighting game coming to the XBOX that will be similar to Tekken. I don't mean a cop off, but something that requires the same amount of skill to win..
Is MK Like that? Or should I just wait for Soul Calibur 2 to be the one and only true Fighter.. MK looks way to unrealistic for me too, though..

DOA3 seemed like a button masher...

Thanks for the help, I want a good fighting game to add to my library..

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 08:03 PM
Your not missing much. I have been a big fan of Tekken and have played every Tekken that came out. Tekken 4 was awful. They screwed up the Tekken Force mode and no tag team. Tekken Tag Tournament was way better.

kazual
11-30-2002, 02:10 PM
I personally liked how they slowed the game down in tekken 4, alot more strategy involved I find..

but I know what you mean, Tekken Tag is amazing..

I want something like that for XBOX.... I was wondering if there is any fighters coming out besides Soul Calibur that would do it for me.

EHWfedPres
11-30-2002, 02:32 PM
What makes doa3 a button-masher and tekken 4 a game that involves skill, whena ll you do in tekken is mash buttons?

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
What makes doa3 a button-masher and tekken 4 a game that involves skill, whena ll you do in tekken is mash buttons? I agree on that. I played Bloody Roar PF for Gamecube and all I did was push one button to beat the final boss.:mad: Now that was a button masher. Virtua Fighter 4 is one too.

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 05:45 PM
bloody roar....now theres a button masher.

I think Virtua fighter 4, doa, and tekken are all not button mashers though.

GreenFireX
12-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant

I think Virtua fighter 4, doa, and tekken are all not button mashers though.

I never really liked Bloody Roar. But i had Virtua Fighter 2 for the Sega Saturn. that game was fun. But in respnse to the origianl post: you should just wait for the sequl to the best fighting game ever. Get Soul Calibur 2.:D

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 02:44 PM
agreed, although i really think this game needs some exclusivity. I really do not think a ported game will take full advantage of the xbox. i dont think it will be as epic as the first one, in fact, i think what they are trying to do is bring the first one to next gen consoles!

o well, if its anything like the last one, it will rule.it's just that it will rule with a sense of "it's been done".

Cloud Strife
01-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant

I think Virtua fighter 4, doa, and tekken are all not button mashers though. Well, Now you get to play the game on Xbox this summer.:)

The Jackal
01-19-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by kazual
I am a huge fan of Tekken 4 and the whole Tekken series on PS2... wondering if there is any fighting game coming to the XBOX that will be similar to Tekken. I don't mean a cop off, but something that requires the same amount of skill to win..
Is MK Like that? Or should I just wait for Soul Calibur 2 to be the one and only true Fighter.. MK looks way to unrealistic for me too, though..

DOA3 seemed like a button masher...

Thanks for the help, I want a good fighting game to add to my library..

people who are button bashers do think theyre good if they play DOA3 cause of the one combo button... but if they play someone who knows the moves well and is good at the game then they have no chance at all even if they bash away... so i wouldnt consider it to be one

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal
people who are button bashers do think theyre good if they play DOA3 cause of the one combo button... but if they play someone who knows the moves well and is good at the game then they have no chance at all even if they bash away... so i wouldnt consider it to be one That makes me a little mad when people say that. However, I tried pushing one button in DOA3 and it never works. I seem to have a little difficulty with the game but a lot. Not a fighting game that is truly easy is Soul Caliber. I lasted for over 50 fights in survival mode while I can only last seven in DOA3.