PDA

View Full Version : PGR is Awesome!

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 09:47 AM
When I first started playing PGR, I just thought it was good, but nothing special, although the graphics are fantastic. However, after spending some quality time with the game and learning to really drive well, I love this freaking game! Some of the courses are just to darn fun, and the cars really are a blast to drive, I have unlocked several new cars and a bunch of couses, the Audi TT is really good, but the Beetle kicks arse on twisty courses. I never thought I would like a racing game this much!

blueknight
11-19-2001, 10:03 AM
I know what you mean! It's one of the best racing games I have seen. I know it got dogged for the Kudos points, but I really thinks it's fun. It's really cool that the cars have an odometer and can tell how much you drive. I wonder if the cars wear out? Anyone have any cheats to unlock the cars? I have unlocked a couple but wouldn't mind racing a few others. ; )

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 10:17 AM
So far, my favorite thing is the regular racing, I have so far earned Gold on all tracks under easy and medium modes. One on One, I can beat the BMW Z3 with the Beetle with giving the CPU a 12 second head start, that is a cool feature. The Kudos system to me is just a bonus game type that gives variety. The hardest thing is the game type where you have to beat another car AND earn so many Kudos, because racing for time takes a different driving style than racing for kudos. Great friggin game!

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 11:25 AM
Mojo...dude, I had the same experience! At first, I thought the game was good until I really got into it! It was the first game I shoved into my XBox...I only played for 20 minutes because I couldn't stop dreaming about playing my other game: Halo, for the first time :)

But, when I put the game back in, I couldn't stop playing! I played it for two hours straight and I have so far unlocked all the cars up to the souped up Focus...though, I prefer the Porche Boxter as my flagship car for the time being :D I'm on the London course.

Also, last night, I downloaded 40 tracks from my personal CD collection and am using my music as the background! DUDE!!! This is sooooo tight! The game jumped up a serious notch after that! Of course the graphics are absolutely amazing, but, when you put in your own music, this game is put in a class of it's own! Wow!!

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Yuppers, after I got into the game, I decided it was time to get some real music playing. There are some good tunes in the game, but it is so much better with my own rock music choices playing!

Hugh_Jass
11-19-2001, 12:06 PM
I can't wait to get this game so I can rip my Village People CD and race around the streets of San Francisco. :p

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 12:08 PM
ugh, i can't believe you said that, lmao

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 12:13 PM
lol, Hugh_Jass

So far, I have put several tracks in of Nirvana, Sound Garden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins and a few others... Since I live in Seattle, I'm still in the grunge scene :D I can't wait to get home to play PGR and jam to my tunes :D

dysrhythmia
11-19-2001, 12:16 PM
I have to get this game soon. I'm dying to race to the sweet sounds of gore....Necrophagist, Hemdale, carcass, etc. Mwhahaha!!

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 12:37 PM
lmao @ hugh

I am picking pgr up tonight.. it got shipped late to me. See I want to play some funk and so tim in the background.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 01:02 PM
Scarecrow, I strongly recommend downloading your personal CD collection before you play the game. To get the game to play your CD music instead of the individual radio stations or the default CD music they already have on the game, simply create a new player (and type in your name, pick out your helmet, etc), then start the game...as soon as it starts, hit pause and scroll up until you see "Music Manager" and select your personal music.

I wish I did this first...The game is so much better when listening to your favorite tunes.