PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...for people with multiple consoles...?

EHWfedPres
11-28-2002, 04:04 PM
if a game comes out for all 3 consoles, which one do you buy it for? All of my friends that have the Xbox and PS2 ALWAYS buy the game for the Xbox...anyone else do the same thing, or are you an idiot?

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 04:11 PM
Well, I own all three consoles and I buy the Xbox version every time. Some of the games I would get for Gamecube, just because I don't have may games for it. I also prefer my Xbox over my other systems.

EHWfedPres
11-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Well, I own all three consoles and I buy the Xbox version every time. Some of the games I would get for Gamecube, just because I don't have may games for it. I also prefer my Xbox over my other systems.

Thats cool. I would buy another console, but none of the games insterest me at all on the gamecube, and my friends get te ps2 games that i like (both of them), so i just have my Xbox...and my N64...

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Thats cool. I would buy another console, but none of the games insterest me at all on the gamecube, and my friends get te ps2 games that i like (both of them), so i just have my Xbox...and my N64... I originally only had an Xbox but a few games made me buy other systems. I can understand about the Gamecube, I can't find many games that interest me either. I bought mine just to have one in case Sonic was exclusive.

VeNoMiZA
11-28-2002, 04:28 PM
i would always buy the xbox version, except for need fopr speed 2 its faster on the ps2

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
i would always buy the xbox version, except for need fopr speed 2 its faster on the ps2 Stupid EA.:mad: They had EA Seattle do the Xbox and Gamecube version and they did an awful job.

EHWfedPres
11-28-2002, 04:56 PM
need for speed 2 was fun...but that was on PSone, and thats about as technically advanced as games were back then...plus i heard the car handling sucks balls in HP2...

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 05:09 PM
need for speed 2 was fun...but that was on PSone, and thats about as technically advanced as games were back then...plus i heard the car handling sucks balls in HP2... I'll agree it was fun on Playstation. I use to have the game along with a steering wheel. The Playstation 2 version had the better physics though.

Unreal
11-28-2002, 10:51 PM
If I had mutliple consoles I would get the game on the console that had the best version.

Discretion
11-28-2002, 10:53 PM
I got a Cube and XBOX... My cube us EXCLUSIVE ONLY! XBOX is Exclusive and Multi-Platform :)

Uchiha Sasuke
11-28-2002, 11:02 PM
Well i have all three and it really depends on the rating and what console it plays better on.Say for example Timesplitters 2 i got that for ps2 because i like the controller set up for it.Other games like The Thing and MK i get for the xbox because of the tighter visuals.

xboxmaster2002
11-28-2002, 11:04 PM
all depends for need for speed hot pursuit 2 i bought that for PS2 because that had a lot more than the xbox version, but for any other game i have bought it for xbox so if the game as the same content ill buy it on xbox but if the game has a lot more then ill get it for the conoule that has the most options.

Variation-XBA
11-28-2002, 11:32 PM
I have all the consoles, and always check if its going to come to Xbox....if not, then PS2, then GC most of the time...

evil xbox king
11-29-2002, 12:44 AM
I always get the Xbox version.

Flood
11-29-2002, 01:51 AM
i own all 3 next gen systems and ill usually buy a multi-platform title for PS2 because i think its the most comfortable controller. the only reason i wouldnt is if another version had extra features.....for example if i were to buy BMX XXX id buy it for xbox cause the ps2 version is censored.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-29-2002, 02:00 AM
Yes, i got all three system, it's like a given the xbox will have the best version of a mult-platform game.....i still keep my playstation 2 for my japanese games and roll playing games.....The xbox is a powerful piece of gaming goodness:D

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 07:05 AM
One of the main things that keeps me away from buying the Playstation 2 and Gamecube version is I need to save on a memory card. It's not the big of a problem for me to get a game on Gamecube because I have a memory card 251. I usually hate buying memory cards.:mad:

Squidpie
11-29-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
i own all 3 next gen systems and ill usually buy a multi-platform title for PS2 because i think its the most comfortable controller. the only reason i wouldnt is if another version had extra features.....for example if i were to buy BMX XXX id buy it for xbox cause the ps2 version is censored.

I'd buy the Xbox version on multi-platform games... and Flood... I respect your opinion ....but to me... the controllers on PS2 suck... the Xbox "S" controller is the best of all of them... and I have all 3 systems plus Dreamcast and other older ones... I don't see how anyone can actually like the ps controllers.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
Well i have all three and it really depends on the rating and what console it plays better on.Say for example Timesplitters 2 i got that for ps2 because i like the controller set up for it.Other games like The Thing and MK i get for the xbox because of the tighter visuals.

I see, thats understandable. Timesplitters 2 looks like total shìt no matter what system you buy it for...

Personally, I like the original Xbox controller the best. Im getting used to the S controller cause i play with it at EB every time i go there, and i play Quantum Redshift in Bst Buy all the time as well...but I still have to look down to find the white/black buttons and the start/select (ok, back...) buttons.

I absolutley hate the ps2 and gamecube controllers...dont know why, thats just my preference...

unit01
11-29-2002, 11:36 AM
Almost all games I buy are for the Xbox unless they are exclusive to the other systems. When it comes to multiplayer games or FPS games the Xbox is the only way to go due to Xbox Live, system link, and the fact that Sony didn't make the POS2 with 4 controller ports, and there is no way in hell im going to pay 30+ bucks to buy an adapter to do what Xbox and GameCube do out of the box.

pickle
11-29-2002, 12:03 PM
My xbox is for multi-platform games ONLY.

So I can hardly wait for a multi release of Halo so I can finally start playing it.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by pickle
My xbox is for multi-platform games ONLY.

So I can hardly wait for a multi release of Halo so I can finally start playing it.

so you dont buy any xbox exclusive games?

pickle
11-29-2002, 12:08 PM
Nope, the xbox is restricted to multiplatform games.

When are they going to realease Halo as a multi? It looks so awsome.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:16 PM

When are they going to realease Halo as a multi? It looks so awsome.

you are a dumbass. and I hope you dont mind waiting forever...

Cloud Strife
I don't like the D-pad on the Playstation 2 controller because it feels stiff. The best D-pad of all time was on the Sega Saturn and Sega Genesis. I also don't like using the Playstation 2 controller for racing games. The Xbox controller is best for racing games because the R and L triggers are great for acceleration and braking. The Gamecube controller has a nice feel, but doesn't work for fighting and racing games.

Cloud Strife

When are they going to realease Halo as a multi? It looks so awsome. :confused:

pickle
11-29-2002, 12:19 PM

you are a dumbass. and I hope you dont mind waiting forever...

Do you know when it will be released?

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:20 PM

Do you know when it will be released?

I know that you should be released from this board as soon as possible...:o

pickle
11-29-2002, 12:22 PM
Why?

Just for that I am going to disallow your application to try out for the Full ASSault Gore Squad clan.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Why?

Just for that I am going to disallow your application to try out for the Full ASSault Gore Squad clan.

thats great. I dont even have xbl you dumbass. Someone please get this child off the forums...and point him in TXB's direction, you'll find plenty of friends there...

pickle
11-29-2002, 12:37 PM
Why the hostility?
Just because you aren't Full ASSault Gore Squad material?

Seems a little petty to me.

XBOX Dude
11-29-2002, 02:01 PM
if it was multi-platform i'd pick xbox every time cause of the obviously better graphics and becasue i like the controller better.

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
if it was multi-platform i'd pick xbox every time cause of the obviously better graphics and becasue i like the controller better. I right with you on that.;)

Leo
12-02-2002, 12:16 PM
if a game comes out for all 3 consoles, which one do you buy it for? All of my friends that have the Xbox and PS2 ALWAYS buy the game for the Xbox...anyone else do the same thing, or are you an idiot?

I own three systems GameCube, Xbox and PS2. If I see the same games for Xbox and PS2 I always buy for Xbox.

Xbox is 4 times more powerful than PS2. Gamecube is 2 times more powerfuld than PS2.

Xbox is 2 times more powerful than GameCube.

tss
12-02-2002, 01:30 PM
If I buy a game and it is on all systems ... XBOX is the one. Why? It looks better and sounds better.

:cool:

Ethereal S. D.
12-02-2002, 01:46 PM
I think that games that are multi-console are a bit (just a small bit) chunky in graphics and (somewhat) clunky in control. Like for instance, The Thing. I'ts a fun game but after beating it once, I still have some instances where i fumble with the controls. Same thing goes with Medal of Honor, Frontline. (+ points for control customisation) Great game with lots of realism but I hate the grenade and tank shell explosions. (why couln't they put halo's frag grenade explosion in there?:( ) Anyway, exclusives are the way to go unless you feel like you want to play something different.

Cloud Strife
12-02-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ethereal S. D.
I think that games that are multi-console are a bit (just a small bit) chunky in graphics and (somewhat) clunky in control. Like for instance, The Thing. I'ts a fun game but after beating it once, I still have some instances where i fumble with the controls. Same thing goes with Medal of Honor, Frontline. (+ points for control customisation) Great game with lots of realism but I hate the grenade and tank shell explosions. (why couln't they put halo's frag grenade explosion in there?:( ) Anyway, exclusives are the way to go unless you feel like you want to play something different. To me, when I play a multiplatform title, the graphics seem to be really smooth with next to no jaggies, but the polygon count is really low. The graphics just seem very basic to me.