PDA

View Full Version : Which Game?

wheatus-frog-uk
11-29-2002, 04:55 AM
Hi,

I have just bought UC, and it is a real dissapointment.. esp. until XBL, so im trading it for another game, i would like ot know what you guys suggest:

Sege Soccer Slam
Crazy Taxi3: High Roller
Morrowind
Quantum Redshift

Out of these games which would you buy?

Thanks

Dan

Afro Aura
11-29-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by wheatus-frog-uk
Hi,

I have just bought UC, and it is a real dissapointment.. esp. until XBL, so im trading it for another game, i would like ot know what you guys suggest:

Sege Soccer Slam
Morrowind
Quantum Redshift

Thanks

Dan
Dude whats wrong with UC was the screen rate terrible or what as I was thinking of getting this game.

Anyway with the games you've but up there, I would say Sega Soccer Slam or Red Card I've got SSS and it's a fun game but it's really fun if you play it multiplayer, QR is to damn fast it's very hard to keep the ship on the track and it really easy to get lost, CT:HR hmmm it's not that much of a step up from the Dreamcast so it's a bit hmm arrr should I buy or should I not thought, I hate Morrowind as the game is really boring it's not the sort of RPG I would normally play but that my opinion

There are some other games on the scene right now Mech Assault, Splinter Cell, Sega GT2002 (I have these games) and some others so there is a choice out there

so here you are thats my info I hope you find the game of your choice and also tell me about UC whats it like Thanks:)

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 06:58 AM
Hi,

Sege Soccer Slam
Morrowind
Quantum Redshift

Thanks

Dan I would go with Quantum Redshift for the first game. That game is amazing and the graphics are great too. Compared to other futuristic racers, it has great control. The game does get hard at the higher difficulty levels but once you learn the track, it's not too hard. Crazy Taxi 3 is a good game but understand that it's not a game to be played for long hours at a time. It's a good game for quick fun.;)

wheatus-frog-uk
11-29-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Dude whats wrong with UC was the screen rate terrible or what as I was thinking of getting this game.

Anyway with the games you've but up there, I would say Sega Soccer Slam or Red Card I've got SSS and it's a fun game but it's really fun if you play it multiplayer, QR is to damn fast it's very hard to keep the ship on the track and it really easy to get lost, CT:HR hmmm it's not that much of a step up from the Dreamcast so it's a bit hmm arrr should I buy or should I not thought, I hate Morrowind as the game is really boring it's not the sort of RPG I would normally play but that my opinion

There are some other games on the scene right now Mech Assault, Splinter Cell, Sega GT2002 (I have these games) and some others so there is a choice out there

so here you are thats my info I hope you find the game of your choice and also tell me about UC whats it like Thanks:)

Hi,

IMO UC has been rushed. There is not a great amount of slowdown on single player, but quite a bit on multiplayer (3 players and 1 player is all that i have tried). I dont really want to imagine the slow down with XBL... but maybe some others who live in america or any other place where XBL is out, could tell you about UC on XBL.

It seems that UC is a watered down version of UT2003. For example, only about 10 Mutators, only 4 difficulty settings (compared to UT2003's 8) and a varritey of options such as the once where you could have the bot skill auto adjust to your skill level. Another bit which i thought would rock, but realy ruins the game is that each character favours a weapon! sounds cool.... but it aint... i mean the character starts with that weapon! That means that there is no real need to go and search for the weapon you want. On the plus side the controls are solid though :)

I would rent UC if i was you, see what you think!

cheers

dan

*and sorry for any typos, i have to rush as im using the net at school.....*

No Fear 23
11-29-2002, 10:22 AM
if u dont have splinter cell.

GET IT!!

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 11:34 AM
If you like rpg's (REAL rpg's, not linear japanese action games), then get Morrowind. I've has Morrowind since the day it was released and I still play it nearly every day for hours at a time.

But if you get Morrowind and are mad because you dont know what to do, then either find out, or get Quantum Redshift.

oddworld20-3000
11-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Hi,

Sege Soccer Slam
Morrowind
Quantum Redshift

Thanks

Dan
Whoa you have bad tastes. Unreal Championship is awsome and those you wan't to trade ain't that good. Except Morrowind.

evil xbox king
11-29-2002, 06:25 PM
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is a great game, and warrants a purchase. But out of the games you have listed there, it is no contest. Morrowind is easily the best out of those games. It is not linear (i.e. Final Fantasy) and lets you do what you want. Do you want to become a murderous robber or a helpful magician? Whatever you want to do- help yourself! This game does have a main quest, but you will get alot out of it even before you start the main quest. There are guilds and factions you can join- such as the Mage's guild or the Imperials. Morrowind gets the 'thumbs up' from me.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 07:11 PM
Think of morrowind as a massive multiplayer online rpg (MMORPG), only its not multiplayer...and its not online...but you get the idea. You basically can do anything you want to at any time. I have played the game for hours nearly every day that I had it, and i got it the day it was released...and I did not even start the main quest yet...but im not even close to being bored.

Its easily the best rpg ever made, and the only TRUE rpg on any console...

Its like having Ultima Online all to yourself! But its better than that...well, unless you dont count those days 2 summers ago when me and that one dude killed mage lords for about 5 hours straight nearly every day...and we stacked up their robes, here's a pic of one of the biggest piles we had...

Liquid Gears
11-29-2002, 10:36 PM
[B]Hi,

I have just bought UC, and it is a real dissapointment.. esp. until XBL, so im trading it for another gameB]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I knew that game would be sh*t!!! HAHAHAHA Can't you guys tell a good game from a bad game? Phff...... Unreal Tournament can lick sack for all I care...:rolleyes:

*cough*sh*t game*cough*

rio2012
11-29-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi,

Sege Soccer Slam
Morrowind
Quantum Redshift

Thanks

Dan

Yes it is a know fact that UC HAS been rushed but i would suggest holding it at lest until the first updated for it comes out

P.S. Remember lag is caused by servers, lagggy *****y connections and maybe by changing the look sensitivity.