PDA

View Full Version : MS to buy out Sega?!?

Yemack
11-29-2002, 07:05 AM
Sega's stock value which was at 808 yen on Nov 19th 2002 kept going up to 1380 yen right now. This is a huge jump in stock value in such a short time and it is believed to be the result of someone's buying off Sega's stock. And rumor has it that it is none other than MS.

Personally I don't think MS could buy off SEGA. It isn't bungie nor Rare we are talking about. Sega is a quite a huge company.

Nevertheless if this rumor is true, can Virtual Fighter and Virtual On series be far behind of Xbox release lineup? (fingers crossed)

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 07:07 AM
I've always wanted Micorsoft to buy Sega because they are my favorite developer. I think they would help Microsoft significantly because they like to make new games and they have exclusives for the Japaneese market.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Maybe, but i don't see that happening..the japanese don't like selling to outsiders ....if anybody knows of any japanese game company that was bought out by an western company..please tell me....

carlbme
11-29-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
Maybe, but i don't see that happening..the japanese don't like selling to outsiders ....if anybody knows of any japanese game company that was bought out by an western company..please tell me....

It may be a Japanese based company, but however, it was created by an American by the name of Martin Bromely in May of 1952.

BTW: Check out this thread here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28150) for more on the buy out topic.

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by carlbme

It may be a Japanese based company, but however, it was created by an American by the name of Martin Bromely in May of 1952.

BTW: Check out this thread here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28150) for more on the buy out topic. I saw that Sega was originally an American company a while ago. I remember the S of Sega meant Service and the G was games. Don't remember the other letters though.

Xbox Owner
11-29-2002, 12:21 PM
I don't think they'll buy Sega totally, maybe parts, but not the whole thing. Maybe like Sega Sports or something like that.

Project_Freak
11-29-2002, 02:26 PM
I really don't think M$ has the kind of money to buy out sega. Sure they have money out the Wazoo but Sega is a very large developer worth alot of money. I just don't think M$ is financially set to buy Sega and If I stand corrected didn't they try to buy sega once before but were turned down?

carlbme
11-29-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I saw that Sega was originally an American company a while ago. I remember the S of Sega meant Service and the G was games. Don't remember the other letters though.

SEvice GAmes

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by carlbme

SEvice GAmes That might actually be it.

evil xbox king
11-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Project_Freak
I really don't think M$ has the kind of money to buy out sega. Sure they have money out the Wazoo but Sega is a very large developer worth alot of money.

WTF?? Bill Gates could pull out his cheque book and buy Sega for his own personal video games, and still have enough to supersize his burger king.

Bigwig
11-29-2002, 04:21 PM
Somthing is up here. This is how I think it will go down. When asked if VF 5 will be on the Xbox Yu sazuki(sp?) laughed. Somthing is up. What I see is the Xbox and Sony getting every Sega game with Nintendo getting a shaft in everything except Sonic and games like that until Xbox 2 where Sega will be only for Xbox 2.

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
Somthing is up here. This is how I think it will go down. When asked if VF 5 will be on the Xbox Yu sazuki(sp?) laughed. Somthing is up. What I see is the Xbox and Sony getting every Sega game with Nintendo getting a shaft in everything except Sonic and games like that until Xbox 2 where Sega will be only for Xbox 2. He could have laughed because they talked about VF 5 of Xbox and he might be thinking it will be for Gamecube. I just said that because Yu said he likes Gamecube best.

Unreal
11-30-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
He could have laughed because they talked about VF 5 of Xbox and he might be thinking it will be for Gamecube. I just said that because Yu said he likes Gamecube best.
I find that comment funny because if he likes the Cube best, where are the games. The new Sega board the Chirchiro (spelling) is a Xbox based board. Virtua Cop 3, Outrun 2 and I dont remember the 3rd game. Shenmue 2 is on the Xbox now as well and with the announcement that Sega may not have console exclusives. VF may end up there is as well.

Bigwig
11-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Shenmue is his baby. Where Shenmue is his heart is.

ash
11-30-2002, 08:37 AM
can you imagine the graphics on all 2k4 games if they don't have to port them? i hope ms buys them out. maybe we can start getting more games that are worthy of our xboxes.

Unreal
11-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ash
can you imagine the graphics on all 2k4 games if they don't have to port them? i hope ms buys them out. maybe we can start getting more games that are worthy of our xboxes.
They have games now people should buy.

Gunvalkyrie, Jet Set Radio Future, House Of The Dead 3, ToeJam & Earl III, World Series Baseball, Sega GT 2002, Crazy Taxi 3, Shenmue 2, and all the sport games. By the way these the Sega game I own for the Xbox so far, minus Crazy Taxi 3 and the sports games. I get Shenmue 2 pretty soon. If people do not buy the Sega games that are on the Xbox now, we may not see them later.

So people better by Panzer Dragoon Orta :D

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Unreal

They have games now people should buy.

Gunvalkyrie, Jet Set Radio Future, House Of The Dead 3, ToeJam & Earl III, World Series Baseball, Sega GT 2002, Crazy Taxi 3, Shenmue 2, and all the sport games. By the way these the Sega game I own for the Xbox so far, minus Crazy Taxi 3 and the sports games. I get Shenmue 2 pretty soon. If people do not buy the Sega games that are on the Xbox now, we may not see them later.

So people better by Panzer Dragoon Orta :D I'll agree with you on that. I will be angry if I don't see Sega games on Xbox.:mad: I would not be able to survive.:eek: