PDA

View Full Version : splintercell

amanwithabible
11-29-2002, 09:22 AM
Its a shame that a good game could be ruined by lack of creativity by the scriptwriter. The using of Gods name repeatedly has ruined this game for me and others. It only further desensitizes people to the reality of God, Hell & damnation and drags Jesus' name through the mud once again. I am very reluctant to buy anymore Clancy games.

Chr0nik
11-29-2002, 09:35 AM
It's funny how this thread keeps getting generated. You are offended by the use of GOD's name in a game that depicts loads of violence. Don't you find this just a tad contradicting?

It is just a game, there are many other things in life to be offended by than a few vain references to god in a videogame.

And how is using god's name in a videogame a lack of creativity.
This game is one of the most inovative games ever released. Don't use what you consider to be offensive as a measuring stick of one's creativity

No Fear 23
11-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by amanwithabible
Its a shame that a good game could be ruined by lack of creativity by the scriptwriter. The using of Gods name repeatedly has ruined this game for me and others. It only further desensitizes people to the reality of God, Hell & damnation and drags Jesus' name through the mud once again. I am very reluctant to buy anymore Clancy games.

uhhh????
i dont understand

its just a freaking game, best game ever!:eek:

Squidpie
11-29-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by amanwithabible

I haven't played this game yet... how does it use Gods name?... do you know what Gods name is?... I don't mean to be rude at all.. but the word God is not a name... its more of a title... and you said his name was used repeatedly so I wondered how... also how is Jesus' name in the game?...I don't like hearing the GD cussing myself... but I was wondering if this is what you meant or not.... because God is not a name.

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 12:22 PM
It doesn't bother me any. I played through RPG games like Grandia, Grandia II, and Xenogears. Those games would say God all the time. In Grandia, the last character in your party would say with the blessing of god when doing a magic spell. In Grandia II, the final boss Valmar states he is god. Xenogears has a long story and god keeps popping up in the story. Those three RPG games were probably some of the best I played.

Koopa
11-29-2002, 12:31 PM
we should lay off amanwithabible. he obviously has his own personal religious beliefs, and feels strongly about them. although most of us have no problem hearing the word "god" used, if its against amanwithabible's religion, then more power to him for bringing it up.

but on the other hand

He didnt really have to codemn an otherwise spectacular game due to the fact that he disagrees with it morally. my personal belief is that the word "god" is just an americanized, englicized, whatever-ized, version of God's "real" name, whatever it may be (in the jewish faith, it is represented by the equivalents of the lettes Y H V H, and is never pronounced, partly because no one is exactly sure how it is truly pronounced, and also partly because it is believed to be gods true name, and therefore shouldn't be used in vain). if the makers of splinter cell, through some revelation, found god's true name and said it repeatedly i think i'd have a problem. but the leters G, O, and D aren't any different than any other letters in the english language put in any other combination, at least according to my beliefs and faith.

so..uh..in conclusion...
go buy splinter cell:D

[edit-] WOW, NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE POSTS!!!!!

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:34 PM
more people were killed in the name of God than for any other reason...yet that does not seem to bother you...

FuNkY mOnK
11-29-2002, 12:37 PM
so far i played four fuc#king levels and have not heard any such thing yet? what exactly did he or they say? and let me say something...again. if your offended by violence why play the role in a violent environment ? NOW FOR THE LAST TIME, WHAT THE **** DID YOU AND THAT OTHER NUMB-SKULL PCPREACHER HEAR? let me scratch the word violence. proper dialog in a violent environment.

Chr0nik
11-29-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
we should lay off amanwithabible. he obviously has his own personal religious beliefs, and feels strongly about them.

The problem is that his personal religious beliefs do not belong in an Xbox forum IMO.

Religion and politics are two subjects that people love to fight about.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Chronik

Religion and politics are two subjects that people love to fight about.

yeah, and the people that fight about them usually have no idea what the hell they are talking about...especially when it comes to the other side of the story...everyone is always right...:rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
11-29-2002, 12:43 PM
Oh, but i bet these fuc#king morons love the way the tits bounce in DOA vollyball.

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Oh, but i bet these fuc#king morons love the way the tits bounce in DOA vollyball.

hey, why not...I do! If any male is not attracted by the opposite sex, stay the ƒuck away from me...

FuNkY mOnK
11-29-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

hey, why not...I do! If any male is not attracted by the opposite sex, stay the ƒuck away from me...
Cough...Homophobic...Cough

stang46
11-29-2002, 12:53 PM
If you have a problem with the game there is a simple solution: Dont play the game or support it by buying the game. I am so sick of people *****ing about things that offend them. Last time I checked we live in a country that supports the freedom of speach and worship. Why ruin the fun that everyone else can have just because you dont agree with the game. You want every game manufacturer to take your ideals into thought when they are producing the story and script. Well what if I said I think every game should say the word 'God' and sat here and complained about games that didn't. That is exactly what you are doing except you are arguing for the exact opposite. It would make no sense if I argued that just as it makes no sense when you argue it...

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

Cough...Homophobic...Cough

Im not afraid of homos...i just dont like them. There's a difference between fear and hatred...

Slacker
11-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Im at the Meat packing plant in Spinter cell, I have two levels after that I think,and Im done and have yet to hear it, of course I could care less if it's said, why must Judeo-christian beliefs be even heard in our society when the majority of people are Athiests, and or just not religious

Someplace somewhere , some Biblethumping "Holy than thou" Soccer mom , heard that Splinter Cell cussed posted on some Christain site, and PCpreacher and amanwithabible saw it, and I bet they don't even own an xbox , let alone splinter Cell,,,,,,it's how they justify thier faith , by Harassing others...IMO ......

I think someone should open these sites......Xboxforchrist.com(Christian) XboxforYaveh.com(jewish) AllahforXbox.com(muslim)
XboxforKali.com(hindu) Buddahrocksthexbox.com(budhist) devilsxbox.com(satanists) OdinHailsxbox.com (Asatru) blessedbeXbox(wiccan) ..ect...ect.... so all these religious people can go complain there,,,,,,,,,

Highlite23
11-29-2002, 03:38 PM
This thread already exists in "New Releases" no need to repeat it.