PDA

View Full Version : MA or GR???

Torch
11-30-2002, 05:10 PM
I own GR right now, but I want to know if I should trade it for MechAssault. (if not MA, then I would trade it for another game) But tell me which one I should trade it for.

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 05:23 PM
I would go with MechAssault just because I like Mech games over Squad based shooters. It would probably be best for you to keep it.

Torch
11-30-2002, 06:40 PM
I think I'm gonna go with MA, just because GR is too boring for me. The missions are WAY too easy, and plus, I just took my XBox back to get a new one (the other one wasn;t working) and I lost all of my saves. :( So now, instead of doing it ALL over, I'm tryin to trade it for another LIVE enabled game.

Fred Gasman
11-30-2002, 10:59 PM
In my opinion, Mechassault sucks anal. The graphics in this game are the best I have seen yet, but the gameplay is nonexistent.
You want to know how to play mechassault? Click the A button as fast as you can, that's how.
The game is too fast and simple to be strategic. I think this game was made for special people (RETARDS!).
Ghost Recon is so complex, you can communicate with your team and help each other.

I have both these games, but I play only Ghost Recon now.

MECHASAULT http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif
GHOST RECON http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Torch
11-30-2002, 11:41 PM
*doesn't listen to Fred Gasman*

Fred Gasman
11-30-2002, 11:45 PM
*starts crying because blinx does not listen*

Liquid Gears
12-01-2002, 12:03 AM
I've only played Mechassult out of the 2 and it's wicked. I haven't played Ghost Recon yet, so I can't judge which one is the best.

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2002, 12:07 AM
I own GR and think it's boring as hell. Only reason I still have it is because all da invites I still get from peeps here and XBA.
When I dont get invites I forget I even own this game!:o

As for MA, im not a Mech fan so im passing on dat personally.

If I were you i'd get Unreal Championship if you dont own it already. Dat game is off da meat rack!;)

Liquid Gears
12-01-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I own GR and think it's boring as hell. Only reason I still have it is because all da invites I still get from peeps here and XBA.
When I dont get invites I forget I even own this game!:o

As for MA, im not a Mech fan so im passing on dat personally.

If I were you i'd get Unreal Championship if you dont own it already. Dat game is off da meat rack!;)

Unreal Championship?! Phff.......so many people have been dissapointed with that game. It is the worst shooter game I've ever played. No offense, but I'm not a fan Ninja.

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Unreal Championship?! Phff.......so many people have been dissapointed with that game. It is the worst shooter game I've ever played. No offense, but I'm not a fan Ninja.

And im sure you have played it being as you have XBL and all,...

....OH, dats right, you aint got LIVE yet to know for yourself.:rolleyes:

Liquid Gears
12-01-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

And im sure you have played it being as you have XBL and all,...

....OH, dats right, you aint got LIVE yet to know for yourself.:rolleyes:

True, but I have played the game and I'm still not a fan. No offense bro, but I just don't like the fast action mindless killing thing....:D

Koopa
12-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

True, but I have played the game and I'm still not a fan. No offense bro, but I just don't like the fast action mindless killing thing....:D
its a totally different game on live...trust me, if i didn't have live i'd hate the game too...but being able to plan and stuff with other people boosts this game from mediocrity to greatness:D

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 01:09 PM
I have MechAssault and i like it...but im getting Ghost Recon for christmas...so problem solved!

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

its a totally different game on live...trust me, if i didn't have live i'd hate the game too...but being able to plan and stuff with other people boosts this game from mediocrity to greatness:D

Koopa's damn right yo! btw Koopa, why I never see you on LIVE? And when ever you are I always see you playing MA!
Dont you own UC? If so I want to frag da snot out of you sometime!:D

Torch
12-01-2002, 01:42 PM
So which is better, MechAssault or Unreal Championship?

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by BLiNXX
So which is better, MechAssault or Unreal Championship?

Well i'd be lieing if I said UC was cause I never played MA. I think you will be just fine either way yo! You can always do a trade back if your not happy with either game.
There both for da most part pretty identical,..... in a way.

Except UC is fast as hell and f'n eXtreme!!!

BigGamer X
12-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Tie for #1, Ghost and Mech. Two entirely different types of games, but both are a blast in their own ways. #2 Unreal. Sorry, but it doesn't play smooth enough to compete with the other two. It's ok, and I enjoy it sometimes, but I spend more time with the other games. Simple, if you like deep games, go Recon. If you want some insane fun that you can just sit down and play for 20 minutes if that's all you've got, MA rules.:)

Torch
12-01-2002, 02:10 PM
I think I'm gonna wait till Christmas for MechAssault, and I'll try and trade GR for UC....

Unreal
12-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BLiNXX
I own GR right now, but I want to know if I should trade it for MechAssault. (if not MA, then I would trade it for another game) But tell me which one I should trade it for.
Since you are asking about getting rid of it, I take it its not what you expected. I voted to get MechAssault in its place. The game is fast, fun and with a cool story. The graphics are great as is the sound and gameplay. You cant go wrong if you keep GR or you get MA though.

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Unreal

Since you are asking about getting rid of it, I take it its not what you expected. I voted to get MechAssault in its place. The game is fast, fun and with a cool story. The graphics are great as is the sound and gameplay. You cant go wrong if you keep GR or you get MA though. That's about right, they are both great games. I have been renting MechAssault since I had a few free rentals and I like it. I'll try to buy Steel Battalion first though.;)

I love Mech's;) :)

Torch
12-01-2002, 03:01 PM
Hmm.... I've got about 4 people askin me to give them GR for their UC.... LOL But I still can't decide between tehm... I've had some people say kepp it, some people say get UC, some people say get MA.... AHHHHHH:eek:

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 03:04 PM
squad based combat is awesomw when u have a team that actually works together. Thats why im getting ghost recon hopefully for christmas

Cloud Strife
12-02-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
squad based combat is awesomw when u have a team that actually works together. Thats why im getting ghost recon hopefully for christmas Team games are awesome. I would get Ghost Reacon, but I would have no one to play it with. Maybe I need to go to a Xbox Addict member's house.;)

Fred Gasman
12-02-2002, 05:38 PM
GOD I HATE MECHASSAULT!

|\|eGaTiVe
12-02-2002, 07:14 PM
i own all 3 of the top launch titles and i like GR the best. this game is great, very fun offline and online,......but of course more fun online :D.

i hardly play UC anymore, i still play MA sometimes, but most my time is on GR.

# 1 Stunner
12-02-2002, 07:35 PM
GR by a knockout....

Spaztic
12-03-2002, 10:24 AM
mechassault is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It is completely off the hook. The graphics are awsome, and yes it is simplistic but as the levels progress stragety is needed. The sound fx are great with ss. Definatly a game worth buying IMO.

BigGamer X
12-03-2002, 03:59 PM
MechAssault does have a cool offline mode, I like its offline mode more than Unreals and Ghost Recons. If they only did a CTF download for MA, it would be the best!:)

TheCovenant
12-03-2002, 04:47 PM
I also have all three games. At first no one could possibly tear me away from unreal championship. I LOVE THAT GAME. capture the flag, double domination and bombing run require an insane amount of real-time strategy. You have to think on your feet and communicate with your teamates to get your plan moving. When you set up a succesful ambush, because youre running away with the flag and they're whole team is after you, suddenly from the canyon sides comes a thin red laser that grows thicker, you smile because as you turn around and see the 5 guys that were chasing you suddenly get hit by a gigantic purple laser from the sky. Best feeling in the world when you know you gave the order for that T.A.G.

But that was then. After i got into mechassault, i got the ragnarok, i was annihalating people back and forht and it quickly became boring.

Now ghost recon occupies all of my time. Its just like unreal only this time theres no magic purple laser from the sky, this time you have to set specific coordinate points to your team members because your the platoon leader. They are all in place, but the enemy know of 2 of your mens where about! One shot and your dead, but you know you have to move across a field of fire to get to a counter-ambush spot!

It gets so tense, you litterally curl your toes as you hear the "thump thump thump" of the bullets hitting the ground directly beneath you. You decide to prone and recon your way to the other side of the field, and thats where you see a sniper setting up aiming at your helpless guy WHM YOU TOLD TO STAY THERE, you fire a couple rounds into the snipers head, the sniper doesnt even know what hit him and now your ambush is succesful with half their team walking right into it because they think the sniper is still alive!

MAn! its a great game and i think im gonna go play right now!