PDA

View Full Version : Who bought and who didn't bought Splinter Cell?

Leo
11-30-2002, 09:10 PM
Yep. I wonder who bought Splinter Cell and who didn't.

Please reply.

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 09:12 PM
Sorry, I haven't purchased it yet. I will buy it when I become more skilled at the demo.

Xbox Owner
11-30-2002, 09:13 PM
Leo, you said splinter cell was stupid and you were never going to buy it...:rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
11-30-2002, 09:20 PM
I did not buy it...i need money for car insurance, and to buy people shìt for christmas...but i did ask for Ghost Recon and Unreal Championship if that counts...and im getting an XBL starter kit shortly afterwards (when their easier to find)...but i think at least one of my friends will get it, so im gonna play it before i buy it and see how long it takes for me to get bored. If theres alot to do in it, ill buy it, but if theres no replay value, count me out. I played the demo several times and loved that little bit...so i dunno.

thatroger
11-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Didn't buy it, don't have it, will have it, won't buy it, won it. :D

Unreal
11-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Leo
Yep. I wonder who bought Splinter Cell and who didn't.

Please reply.
I bought and I love it. It is my second favorite game behind Steel Battalion and just ahead of Halo :eek:

I am on level 8. Which is my second trip to the Chinese Embassy. I can not wait for the SC booster disc :)

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Unreal

I bought and I love it. It is my second favorite game behind Steel Battalion and just ahead of Halo :eek:

I am on level 8. Which is my second trip to the Chinese Embassy. I can not wait for the SC booster disc :) Just hope OXM doesn't screw us on it.

thatroger
11-30-2002, 09:37 PM
LOL guys...oxm booster disc!? Why!?!?

You'll be receiving downloads for Splinter Cell via Xbox Live.

or am I missing something..?:confused:

oh right, guys who don't have XBL, I dunno, disregard my ranting and raving

Unreal
11-30-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Just hope OXM doesn't screw us on it.
Me too. I am still looking for January's OXM. I want my Sega GT 2002 booster add-on.

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 09:39 PM

Me too. I am still looking for January's OXM. I want my Sega GT 2002 booster add-on. I've been camping out at my mailbox and still haven't recieved my issue.:mad: I will probably receive mine on Thursday.

Unreal
11-30-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by thatroger
LOL guys...oxm booster disc!? Why!?!?

You'll be receiving downloads for Splinter Cell via Xbox Live.

or am I missing something..?:confused:

oh right, guys who don't have XBL, I dunno, disregard my ranting and raving
the OXM booster disc is for those of us that do not have XBL.

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 09:44 PM

the OXM booster disc is for those of us that do not have XBL. Like me for instance.;)

EHWfedPres
11-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Like me for instance.;)

you took the words right out of my mouth...;)

im hopefully getting XBL in January cause i wanna rip some shyt up in MechAssault...and i want some intense Ghost Recon matches...tactical fps games played with alot of real people that know what their doing...you just dont get any better than that.

But id need ghost recon first...

GokuX
11-30-2002, 09:58 PM
Rented it. Need to rent it again. How far is the FBI break in level from the end of the game??

Slacker
11-30-2002, 10:42 PM
I bought it, Im at the meat packing plant, I have three levels including the one Im on to go, I think, I enjoy this game alot Stealth is my favorite game style, I find myslef being more stealthy when I play HALO.......even when I play tony Hawk,

Rented it. Need to rent it again. How far is the FBI break in level from the end of the game??

it's the fifth level , I believe , including the training level,

I finally saw the comercial for it today, it looked good,

Premium Xbox
11-30-2002, 10:48 PM
I rented it. Didn't truly like it. Won't be buying it. :D

GokuX
11-30-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
I

it's the fifth level , I believe , including the training level,

I finally saw the comercial for it today, it looked good,

The fifth level from the end, or the fifth level out of how many levels? I honestly hope there are quite a few more since I enjoy playing the game so much.

Unreal
11-30-2002, 11:11 PM
The meat packing plant is level 7. I am on level 8, which is the Chinese Embassy again. This time you have to sneak inside and do some stuff. NO spoilers here :D

GokuX
11-30-2002, 11:28 PM
The meat packing plant is level 7. I am on level 8, which is the Chinese Embassy again. This time you have to sneak inside and do some stuff. NO spoilers here :D

Oh yeah, that sounds like it's gonna be some fun.

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2002, 12:11 AM
My name is Ninja Scroll. Xbox supporter to da f'n fulliest! Of course I own dis pimpin ass joint!

Here's my Xbox titles. 19 this far (copy paste from my profile)

My Xbox Collection: NBA2K3, NFL2K3, PGR, Rallisport Challenge, Halo, Dead to Rights, Genma Onimusha, Spider-Man, Batman Vengence, Gunvalkyrie, Max Payne, Amped, DOA 3, WWF RAW, Hunter The Reckoning, THOTD3, Ghost Recon, UC, Splinter Cell.

Liquid Gears
12-01-2002, 12:16 AM
I want Splinter Cell, but I'm not gonna buy it. The money's going toward a better game..........CAPCOM VS. SNK 2 EO!!!!!!!

I'll ask for Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell for Christmas.....:D

Liquid Gears
12-01-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
My name is Ninja Scroll. Xbox supporter to da f'n fulliest! Of course I own dis pimpin ass joint!

Here's my Xbox titles. 19 this far (copy paste from my profile)

My Xbox Collection: NBA2K3, NFL2K3, PGR, Rallisport Challenge, Halo, Dead to Rights, Genma Onimusha, Spider-Man, Batman Vengence, Gunvalkyrie, Max Payne, Amped, DOA 3, WWF RAW, Hunter The Reckoning, THOTD3, Ghost Recon, UC, Splinter Cell.

(Sorry about the double post)

Hey Ninja! Why am I not seeing any Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance in your XBOX Library?! Don't be a chump and buy it! Peace out, man. ;) :cool:

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I want Splinter Cell, but I'm not gonna buy it. The money's going toward a better game..........CAPCOM VS. SNK 2 EO!!!!!!!

I'll ask for Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell for Christmas.....:D

Capcom Vs. SNK is a better buy than Splinter Cell!:rolleyes:

Yo LG, what I tell you about smokin dat yack yo!

Liquid Gears
12-01-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Capcom Vs. SNK is a better buy than Splinter Cell!:rolleyes:

Yo LG, what I tell you about smokin dat yack yo!

It is better, a lot better!

I've got Splinter Cell in my XBOX right now. It's a great game, man. It's just that I'm more into the Street Fighter thing than anything.......you know that. ;)

Don't get on my back for thinking Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO is better, I'm still gonna get Splinter Cell.

sHoP vAc
12-01-2002, 11:10 AM
I bought the game, if you like metalgear solid your going to love this game!

One bad thing about the game its very difficulty and hard, {I mean, if seen by one guard might as well start from your last save point}:(

Unreal
12-01-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

(Sorry about the double post)

Hey Ninja! Why am I not seeing any Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance in your XBOX Library?! Don't be a chump and buy it! Peace out, man. ;) :cool:
I know the reason why Metal Gear is not in my library. The game sucks compared to Splinter Cell. I rented Metal Gear and I couldnt get into it. I think the camera spoiled me in Splinter Cell and thats the reason I like it more. I shouldnt say Metal Gear sucks but SC stomps all over it IMO :D

Shadow20002
12-01-2002, 11:45 AM
I will get in the week-end. Hopefully so....

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 12:33 PM
I did not play the Xbox version of MGS 2 but I thought the game had a pretty good story. I will admit the gameplay pales to Splinter Cell. I haven't finished through MGS 2 but I have been watching all cutscenes. I like Konami's other game (Zone of the Enders) a lot better.;) Actually Zone of the Enders is te only reason I play my Playstation 2.

Unreal
12-01-2002, 01:24 PM
Ok now I am stuck in Splinter Cell. In Level 8 you no longer get door codes through data sticks. You have to use your heat vision goggles to see the finger prints on key pads. By the time I get to it I panic and the heat signature I see on the pads are all but gone. If anyone is on this level do they have any tips?

MaxPain
12-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Ok now I am stuck in Splinter Cell. In Level 8 you no longer get door codes through data sticks. You have to use your heat vision goggles to see the finger prints on key pads. By the time I get to it I panic and the heat signature I see on the pads are all but gone. If anyone is on this level do they have any tips?

Lol...
Don't panic! ;)

Leviathon
12-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Bought it, Love it.:D

Mahlon
12-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Bought it and have enjoyed the heck out of it. Only problem is, when I get stuck it bugs the crap out of me even when I'm not playing!

JJaX
12-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Mahlon
Bought it and have enjoyed the heck out of it. Only problem is, when I get stuck it bugs the crap out of me even when I'm not playing!

Im already done with the game, If you're stuck throw me a PM and ill help.

Unreal
12-02-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain

Lol...
Don't panic! ;)
Ok. I figured it out, got past that level and beat the game. I am going through it on hard now.

faceoff508
12-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Its: Who bought and who didn't buy Splinter Cell? Not: Who bought and who didn't bought Splinter Cell?

And to answer that question I have not yet bought the game but I will this weekend.

scarecrow kfj
12-02-2002, 02:59 PM
Have it and love it

Cloud Strife
12-02-2002, 03:55 PM

Ok. I figured it out, got past that level and beat the game. I am going through it on hard now. That's great to hear. I guarantee that I would probably not be able to beat it.:o Youy impressions of games makes me spend all my money.:mad: I think it's a good thing though.;)

Unreal
12-02-2002, 05:23 PM
That's great to hear. I guarantee that I would probably not be able to beat it.:o Youy impressions of games makes me spend all my money.:mad: I think it's a good thing though.;)
It could be a good thing. Untill there is a game I like and you dislike and you want to BlTCH slap me because you wasted your money ;) :D

Cloud Strife
12-02-2002, 05:55 PM

It could be a good thing. Untill there is a game I like and you dislike and you want to BlTCH slap me because you wasted your money ;) :D I won't get mad at you.;) I've already wasted $5000 on games and systems I didn't like.

Acid Snow
12-02-2002, 07:10 PM
i did NOT, and won't... why? well after ENCLAVE i won't get another linear game, i like ENCLAVE alot, but once you beat it you don't n33d it.

Stifler
12-02-2002, 08:54 PM
I decided to go with MGS 2 over Spliter Cell, but I'm still picking it up this Christmas.

MerimacHamwich
12-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Stifler
I decided to go with MGS 2 over Spliter Cell, but I'm still picking it up this Christmas.

OUCH!

Why would you go and do that? Subpar PS2 game or revolutionary xbox game? Hmm, hard desicion.;)

Stifler
12-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

OUCH!

Why would you go and do that? Subpar PS2 game or revolutionary xbox game? Hmm, hard desicion.;)

I liked it ;) Read my review here: (I dare you)

http://funxbox.com/reviews.php?id=101

steveo_wrx
12-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Traded in Rally Fusion for it. Talk about moving from the outhouse to the penthouse. ;) I would gotten Splinter Cell under any circumstances though.

Only problem is I will now be spoiled for other action games for a while. Somebody brought James Bond: Nightfire over on Thanksgiving to try out. Man, did the controls ever suck in comparison, couldn't even move 007 properly after the intuitive action of SC. They asked me if I wanted to borrow the Bond game for a while. "Ah, very kind of you to offer, but no thanks." :)

tacticsman
12-05-2002, 05:00 PM
tomarow i will get either that or no one lives forever two for pc

destroydemons
12-06-2002, 10:26 PM
didnt buy it.....beat the demo tho,. even if the ammo was kinda sucky.......