PDA

View Full Version : Do you still play Halo?

xboxgamer142
12-01-2002, 02:09 AM
I was just interested to see if people still play Halo, even after more than 1 year after it's release and to see how much they still play it.

Personally, I don't play Halo that much as I used to, but I still play it every two or three weeks.

ScorpionX
12-01-2002, 02:19 AM
Yea I still play it but not nearly as often....I think its still the best game out yet :D

mj16hess
12-01-2002, 02:36 AM
I have to play it now and then just to get my fix. Plus, I really enjoy getting in the Warthog and trying to run everything over (I swear, you just can't bust that thing)

J Dub
12-01-2002, 02:37 AM
I only play it when I have friends over.

Unreal
12-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
I was just interested to see if people still play Halo, even after more than 1 year after it's release and to see how much they still play it.

Personally, I don't play Halo that much as I used to, but I still play it every two or three weeks.
I play it but I play it more in multiplayer though. Ever since I bought the link cable thats the only way we play Halo. Link Cable on 2 TV's is amazing.

CrazyCougar
12-01-2002, 11:56 AM
Its been a good 5 or 6 months since Halo has seen my Xbox. Just to many other good games out there to play. Halo sits at the bottom of the pile now. One of these days I'll pop it in for old time sake, but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 12:28 PM
I haven't had the chance to play Halo in a while. I have no one to play multi-player with.:mad: My right side of my Xbox collection has been keeping me too busy anyway. ;) The left side of my collection is last years games.

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Who the hell is CrazyCougar? I dont remember that name for some reason...

Anyway, i only play 8 player ctf games on sidewinder, because thats so much fun, but other than that, i only put Halo in to play the Fuzion Frenzy demo...

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Who the hell is CrazyCougar? I dont remember that name for some reason...

Anyway, i only play 8 player ctf games on sidewinder, because thats so much fun, but other than that, i only put Halo in to play the Fuzion Frenzy demo... That's pretty much what I do.:D

MaxPain
12-01-2002, 02:02 PM
Anyone notice the difference with the Halo game case??
Well on the inside... the things you press the game onto...
Halo only has 2...
Every other game I own has 3... ;)

ibeathalo
12-01-2002, 02:12 PM
HOW COULD YOU NOT??? I still play it all the time with friends and crap. I love Halo. Who owns Xbox and doesn't???:(

Unreal
12-01-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by ibeathalo
HOW COULD YOU NOT??? I still play it all the time with friends and crap. I love Halo. Who owns Xbox and doesn't???:(
I dont think anyone is going to admit to that one. lol

MaxPain
12-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Only play death matches with friends...
etc... CTF...
I don't play the levels ....
It just seems boring now...
that newer games are out...
it seems so... old ;)
anyways im working on beating splinter cell...
Love this game.... ;)

JeremyX
12-01-2002, 03:37 PM
I just finished playing CTF with 7 of my friends.

I love this game!!

MerimacHamwich
12-01-2002, 03:50 PM
I stopped playing it around march last year. I still play it on the rare occasion, though. It definetly isn't my favorite game. All I play now is MechAssault and Unreal Championship. UC blows away Halos multiplayer in my opinion. MechAssault would too if it had all the modes.

:)

Premium Xbox
12-01-2002, 04:06 PM
I just got it in the middle of Nov. I played it alot the first week or so. Now, I still pop it in my Xbox once or twice a week.

GreenFireX
12-01-2002, 07:53 PM
i only play it when people are over. the single player is boring now that i have beaten it so many times. on thanksgiving all of my cousins and i played halo all night. that was fun.

Xbox Owner
12-01-2002, 08:20 PM
I played it the other day with a friend..that's been the first time since probably July..:o

y2kash_14
12-01-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Unreal

I dont think anyone is going to admit to that one. lol

heck, i don't play Halo anymore, so what? There are better (MUCH better) games out there. Sure, Halo set the bar for Action games on the Xbox. But if you compare it to other games out there, it won't seem as great. It's all just a stereotype. Now let me just say that, IMO Halo was an excellent game, but not the greatest.

No Fear 23
12-01-2002, 09:10 PM
i only play it when i have friends over

Reclaimer
12-01-2002, 10:16 PM
I really don't remember the last time I played a solo campaign. I still break out Halo for the multiplayer though.

Dark Enemy
12-02-2002, 12:21 AM
I play it occasionally, not like before tho, i remember i would sit all day and play but now i play it everyone in a while especially cause live is out, if halo had bots i would play it every day.

xboxaddicted
12-02-2002, 08:46 AM
i almost never play solo missions the only time i bring it out is when i have my friend over then we play coopertive missions and we beat it in legendary but i think thats it for halo:) until halo2 comes out

DZNUTZ
12-02-2002, 02:06 PM
nope.
haven't played it forever.

does that mean i'd sell it?

NOT a fricken chance

Ethereal S. D.
12-02-2002, 02:30 PM
The replay value of Halo is amazing.
Me and a friend managed to launch a warthog about 256 meters away (our unbeatable record). We also managed to make the Warthog fly into the center of the island and never saw it again.
To do this, follow these steps.

1) Start a Cooperative game on Level 3 The silent Cartographer (On any difficulty but i recommend a harder difficulty setting for more grenades to be dropped by your enemies.)

2) At the beggining of the map, you will jump off the pelican dropships and start killing some covenant. Do not use your grenades!

3) Once all covenant in the landing zone are dead, both players should collect all plasma grenades possible. (You start off with 4 frag grenades and should collect 4 more plasmas)

4) Once Both players have stocked up on grenades, the warthog should be droped off and a waypoint over it. Do not jump into the Warthog or the waypoint will dissapear!

5)One player should volunteer to be killed right beside the warthog at the hands of the other player. This will cause the killed player to drop his grenades around or under the warthog.

6)Once done, the killed player should respawn and kill the other player at the same place.

7) By now, there should be 16 grenades under the Warthog. Both players should find more grenades and kill all the marines for some as well. (Note: You should leave ONE [plasma if possible] grenade to be the fuse.

8) Repeat steps 5 and 6 if there are more than 4 grenades left.

9) Use the Last grenade and lob it near the pile of grenades and watch it fly. (Distance is recorded by placing yourself on the black markings on the ground and noting the distance between you and the waypoint)

Leo
12-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142

Well...

I haven't played Halo for 2 MONTHS. Because there much better games than Halo like Brute Force. I know taht Brute Force didn't came out yet but Brute Force is probably going to be more fun.

Liquid Gears
12-02-2002, 03:04 PM
No, I'm sick of that game. I hardly ever play it. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance beats its a$$ down hard in my collection.

y2kash_14
12-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
No, I'm sick of that game. I hardly ever play it. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance beats its a$$ down hard in my collection.

hehe amen to that :)

# 1 Stunner
12-02-2002, 06:56 PM
nah i never play itwith xbl it doesnt stgand a chance...even if i would id play it on xbc which doesnt amount to nothingcompared to xbl so until halo 2 comes out i wont be playin no halo...

Stifler
12-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Not since November 2001 :cool:

Ultron-9
12-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Its been a good 5 or 6 months since Halo has seen my Xbox. Just to many other good games out there to play.

Just too many other good games out there to play. Mortal Kombat is getting all of my playtime now.