PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor Frontline

Sound2TheBay
12-01-2002, 02:25 AM
I searched the forum to see if there were any threads posted about this game, only found three really old ones.

Just to let you know, I haven't seen a whole lot of games for the Xbox... I just bought mine this past Wednesday. But one of my best friends has had an Xbox for a while so I have seen some games, including Halo and Max Payne.

But I think MOHFL is a great game, I've been hooked since I turned the game on and watched the intro. Good plot, good gameplay, good graphics. There's a few flaws here and there, i.e. some of the enemies are too easy to kill.

Haven't gone through the whole game yet, so I can't say how much replay value the game has. I'm going to assume it'd have a fairly high replay value, especially with the multiplayer feature (which is also addicting).

All in all, I'd give this game an 8/10. Not quite on the level of Halo, pretty close to Max Payne... maybe a tie. What are your opinions on this game?

Ford Mustang
12-13-2002, 08:56 PM
I think this is a well balanced game. The multiplayer is great, and the game rules with surround sound. If you can play cheater-proof(screen spying) the multiplayer creates a pretty tense atmosphere when everyone has the Springfield out, but then there's the fool with the BAR that always gets sniped

The graphics are Ps2ish, but that's because it's a direct port(fire looks like ****) but they are pretty good, I'd give them an 8)

The gameplay is great...and the guns are awesome too, my favorite is the Springfield '03

Overall, I would give this game a 9

Master Chief 33
12-18-2002, 09:50 PM
MOHF is a tight ass game, i just beat it and I liked it.

But by the way you cant be reppin the Sonics man, Its all about the Lakers, 3-TIME CHAMPS! man, but they are sucking it right now, but they are the champs

unit01
12-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Can you set up your controls in the game any way you like or are you stuck with a default control scheme like the PS2 had.

ScorpionX
12-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by unit01
Can you set up your controls in the game any way you like or are you stuck with a default control scheme like the PS2 had.

You were never stuck with default control scheme on the PS2 version, all you had to do was change the Y invert under controls, same as in the Xbox version. :rolleyes:

unit01
12-23-2002, 07:46 PM
I really didn't mean the invert, I am more worried about assigning the look and turn functions to the different thumbsticks. In short I was wondering if you can set it up to play with Halo like controls. I might have missed the option to do so in the PS2 version.

The Clown
01-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Man when i got that game i was hocked to it! With the flaw part there is different levels of enemy's.

Ford Mustang
01-05-2003, 04:29 PM
I do have one big gripe about this game, the aiming is ******* slow as crap. If you are looking one way and a guy comes around the corner, it takes more than a second to look over to him, that's crap, and you're already getting loaded with bullets by that time, I've died a number of times because of that, and the sniper scope takes way too long to move, you can't even follow someone with it if they are walking, that sucks:mad:

The Clown
01-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
I do have one big gripe about this game, the aiming is ******* slow as crap. If you are looking one way and a guy comes around the corner, it takes more than a second to look over to him, that's crap, and you're already getting loaded with bullets by that time, I've died a number of times because of that, and the sniper scope takes way too long to move, you can't even follow someone with it if they are walking, that sucks:mad:

OK dude i have bettin this game on hard and got all gold medals in it!!! It does not take you a second to turn around!! It is very fast turning! And with the scope does not take to long to move you are ZOOMED in to far if you turn while you have the scope on press back on it (zoom out) you will see that is gets faster as you zoom out!!!!

The Clown
01-08-2003, 01:34 PM

Yes you can change your controlls

EHWfedPres
01-09-2003, 07:41 PM
I dont like it at all.

masterchief2064
01-11-2003, 09:18 PM
I really didn't mean the invert, I am more worried about assigning the look and turn functions to the different thumbsticks. In short I was wondering if you can set it up to play with Halo like controls. I might have missed the option to do so in the PS2 version.

you can change it to a control scheme that is the same as halo or similar called hail to the chief