PDA

View Full Version : sega gt2k2 unlocked cars still locked

eclipsepix
12-01-2002, 02:51 PM
i have completed the game 2x, i unlocked cars like the ford gt390 by doing the official races, and then received them as prizes , but when i went back to buy a non green gt390 it says not for sale.... i can buy the concept...just not the 390 mustang.

anyone know how to unlock all the cars for purchase?

anyone been able to buy a gt390 in a diff. color, how??

p.s. ranting and raving for game designers
why make a game that unlocks stuff and then make it so darn confusing to do so...(manual tells you absolutely nothing useful/relevent).....
and dang it, if i spend my hard erned money on a game and bother to complete it, pleese let me atleast unlock the stuff so i feel like didn't do it all for nothing .... 2x i might add because, of the useless manual, atleast there's forums...

mmattai
12-02-2002, 04:42 AM
The cars you get as prizes are not available to purchase. So if you sell them when you win them, you're SOL. That also means that you can't get those cars in different colors besides the ones they give them to you in.

eclipsepix
12-02-2002, 08:31 AM
hey mmattai, thanks:)

? have you received any other color gt390, other than the green one? the reason i was wondering is because, you can look at the other colors for the car, and like the concept once you win that one you can buy and sell it...

signed, snowing here, '65 fastback in storage for winter...must have replacement, it's to early to be jonezin' for crusin' the strip......

mmattai
12-02-2002, 09:22 PM
You don't win the Concept, you unlock it. There's a difference. The only time I have seen a car win a different color than what they gave it to me as is when I race against it. I recall racing against a green Caterham Super 7, but all I have in my Garage is a Yellow one. I can still flip thru the different colors of the car when I go to the Car Shop, but I will never be able to get any of them. Why do they do this? Who knows. Maybe with an add-on you'll be able to change colors, or be able to sell the ones you won and buy new ones in different colors. Until that time comes, I suggest you don't waste your time stressing about this. Sorry.