PDA

View Full Version : can the xbox handle doom 3???

sniperdoggy
12-01-2002, 02:59 PM
theres no way im upgrading my pc to play this one game so how do you think the xbox will handle it compared to the pc

Xbox Owner
12-01-2002, 03:02 PM
They said they will a little bit, but not much...well, that's what I heard.

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 03:03 PM
There is no power greater than X.;) Xbox could definately handle Doom 3.

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Xbox handled Morrowind with no sweat...so doom 3 will be great on the xbox.

Premium Xbox
12-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Didn't the guy who makes Doom say he's only putting it on Xbox and PC, because PS2 and GC couldn't handle it?

I think the Xbox version won't look as great as it will on some PC's, but it will still be good.

Nato King
12-01-2002, 03:16 PM
Can the xbox handle Doom 3 the question is can Doom 3 handle the xbox.:)

Unreal
12-01-2002, 03:34 PM
John Carmack said that Doom 3 will be identical on the Xbox as it will on the PC. So I am going to have to take his word for it. ;) :D

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by sniperdoggy
theres no way im upgrading my pc to play this one game so how do you think the xbox will handle it compared to the pc

well it will handle it very welll besides the xbox is the most powerfull gaming console. The question the thread asks is very dumb Ofcourse you gad dam know it that the xbox could handle it :cool:
Theres no greater power than the X.

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Premium Xbox
Didn't the guy who makes Doom say he's only putting it on Xbox and PC, because PS2 and GC couldn't handle it?

I think the Xbox version won't look as great as it will on some PC's, but it will still be good.
i think your wrong the xbox graphic card is more powerfull than those of pc's i think...:confused:

LynxFX
12-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA

i think your wrong the xbox graphic card is more powerfull than those of pc's i think...:confused:
Not anymore, not for a while even. But the Xbox does have a unified architecture which gives the Xbox an edge as well as the hardware being streamlined for one purpose.

But not to burst anyone's bubble, I don't believe Carmack when he said "Doom 3 will be identical on the Xbox as it will on the PC with no graphical changes." My reasoning is with the performance of UC and the framerate slow downs it experiences every once in a while. This is at a resolution of 640x480 even. UT2k3 runs at 1024x768 max detail on a year old graphics card. I don't know if it truly found the limits of the Xbox or if it was poor programing. Doom III is supposed to graphically superior to that so I don't see it running as well as the PC version unless they revamp it specifically for the Xbox and make a few changes.

One thing is for sure, there is no way it could ever run on the PS2 without looking like uber crap and the GC just doesn't have the power as well.

Should be interesting to see the final outcome.

MerimacHamwich
12-01-2002, 04:04 PM
I agree with LynxFX to a degree. The screen resolutions alone will make it look slightly worse on the xbox. However, I do think it will still be the best looking console game ever. I am not sure if any of the effets will be taken out or anything though. The only thing we can do is hope Carmack wasn't lying and it will have all of the effects and great graphics of the PC version.

LynxFX
12-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
The only thing we can do is hope Carmack wasn't lying and it will have all of the effects and great graphics of the PC version.
That's all I'm hoping for as well. Carmack is known for his megahype antics but he is also known for delivering. :)

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Well I have been having alot of trouble with the xbox lately. I have had 8 count em 8 lockups in 2 days and over 5 dd errors in the past week. Should I take it back? I have the warrenty and box ect. ect.

clean the lens first.

VenoM
12-01-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Xbox handled Morrowind with no sweat

:confused:

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

:confused:

what the hell does that mean? Have you ever seen Morrowind on a very high-end pc? :eek:

xboxman_1
12-01-2002, 05:23 PM
Well I have been having alot of trouble with the xbox lately. I have had 8 count em 8 lockups in 2 days and over 5 dd errors in the past week. Should I take it back? I have the warrenty and box ect. ect.
Do you have your DVD kit infrared receiver thingy plugged in all the time? That used to happen to a friend of mine, then he took out the DVD kit and he hasn't had a freeze in over 3 months.

VenoM
12-01-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

what the hell does that mean? Have you ever seen Morrowind on a very high-end pc? :eek:

i thought morrowind was pretty lame graphically...the characters look terrible and the pop up is horrible and the game is full of bugs and has so many bad things that i dont have time to name since its to many:D ...the only nice thing in that game is the water and rain storm

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 05:33 PM

i thought morrowind was pretty lame graphically...the characters look terrible and the pop up is horrible and the game is full of bugs and has so many bad things that i dont have time to name since its to many:D ...the only nice thing in that game is the water and rain storm

I think Morrowind is one of the best games ever made...by far the best rpg. bugs or not, who cares. use them to your advantage.

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 05:39 PM

im with you on that venom morrowind really did suck arse graphically i thought it was a joke when i played it to me this game was all just hype. nothing more. I bought it played for bout 4 days "tried" to liek it and returned it for Gunvalkeryie it was a good game just plain old "wierd" so i got rid of that too.:cool:

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 05:43 PM

im with you on that venom morrowind really did suck arse graphically i thought it was a joke when i played it to me this game was all just hype. nothing more. I bought it played for bout 4 days "tried" to liek it and returned it for Gunvalkeryie it was a good game just plain old "wierd" so i got rid of that too.:cool: Gunvalkyire was a great game.;) Reminded me of the great Space Harrier and Burning Rangers.

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 05:44 PM
I like Gunvalkyrie, but i cant play with an inverted Y axis...its not a flight sim, why the hell is it like that?

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 05:46 PM
i have no idea i was stuck at the stage where u have to race up before the mysterious "liquid" gets you. well i made it out of that and i was fighting this BIG giant blue ball with like rods that spoin... very annoying boss... so i got rid of it. i want it back :(

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 05:49 PM
i have no idea i was stuck at the stage where u have to race up before the mysterious "liquid" gets you. well i made it out of that and i was fighting this BIG giant blue ball with like rods that spoin... very annoying boss... so i got rid of it. i want it back :( Go to Best Buy, the game is $19.99

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 05:53 PM
:D hehe ok im actually going to buy it :) hehe but right now im low on cash :(........:( i cant work untill december 14th i got a job at gamestop.. its opening that date :D