PDA

View Full Version : Online in march. Something odd...

KviK
11-19-2001, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I am new here... on the forums that is but I came here for the last month.

Anyways... I bought halo and doa3, those games would be fun online... but there is no online options in any of those games.

What will happen? Will we download a patch? Will we have to buy a new version of the game to play multiplayer or what? The current cel damage does not have an online feature but " a better version " will have multiplayer.

Whats up with this? Should we wait for all our games in march? Cuz I wanna buy NHL 2k2 to play online ... but I am afraid that there is no patches to download aswell as for buying a newer version in march.

Does anyone know what will happen?

Rochey69r
11-20-2001, 12:33 AM
sorry buddy i cant help ya.

Chaotic
11-20-2001, 12:58 AM
There is a multiplayer option.

viridian
11-20-2001, 01:06 AM
first check if you even have broadband access. if you dont like me then you have to wait untill civilization reaches your or untill you move. (or shell out megabucks for a satelliete) then drop sega an email. they will get back to you in a bit. its possible they can release an ugrade to make it online. but somehow i think its more likly they would just wait and include it on the next wave of sports. but then again maybe its all going online. you could download the next years stats and not buy a new game. something tells me they might start charging for them downloads! or make more eyecandy for the next round of games.

ChaZ
11-20-2001, 03:13 AM
Well...

I think... they would have to send you a system support disc to you, so it will put something on hard drive. So, when you play with your original Halo disc, a feature might already be added.

Or, the system support disc will enable your Xbox to dial the appropriate numbers and download a patch on your hard drive or something like that. I am not sure if Bungie has already thought of the possibilities as this one...

Then again, there's always Halo 2 coming out...

-ChaZ

EliGC
11-20-2001, 07:17 AM
You have to wait utill Microsoft launches Online Gaming in Summer 2002 or maybe a little bit earlier.

Hugh_Jass
11-20-2001, 12:22 PM
Satellite broadband is inappropriate for online gaming due to the latency.