PDA

View Full Version : What classics do you want a new version of on Xbox?

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 03:40 PM
There are over 500 I could say I would love to see reborn on Xbox but some I would like to see are:

Nights
Burning Rangers
Shining Force
Phantasy Star V (offline)
Streets of Rage

Any more from anybody?

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 03:42 PM
a Fire Pro game!

Everyone that has played a Fire Pro game will agree, best wrestling games ever are Fire Pro, dámmit.

I still play SFPWXP for the SNES (emulator)

CrazyCougar
12-01-2002, 03:43 PM
A new improved Asteroids, Centipede, or Pitfall from the Atari 2600 days.

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 03:44 PM
i would enjoy to see killer instinct and battle toads be remade those were amazing :) antoher game i would like to see is a remake of splatterhouse that was classic right, alot of games should be remade, like
1. vectorman
2. golden axe
3. metal slug
4. samurai showdown
5. gunstar heros
6. punisher
7. streets of rage
8. double dragon

Variation-XBA
12-01-2002, 03:45 PM
Punch out ^_^
I also played Lolo1-3 to death... heh..

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
i would enjoy to see killer instinct and battle toads be remade those were amazing :) antoher game i would like to see is a remake of splatterhouse that was classic right, alot of games should be remade, like
1. vectorman
2. golden axe
3. metal slug
4. samurai showdown
5. gunstar heros
6. punisher
7. streets of rage
8. double dragon I would like my Xbox more than anything if there was a Gunstar Heroes, Golden Axe, Vectorman, and Streets of Rage sequel.;) I hope Playmore makes an SNK game on Xbox.

VeNoMiZA
12-01-2002, 03:50 PM
to tell you the truth i think they should start to make final fantasy on the xbox cmon look it would be soo great. the graphics would be alot way better and squaresoft should turn their backs on ps and come to microsoft.. jus my uncalled for opinion lol :D

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
to tell you the truth i think they should start to make final fantasy on the xbox cmon look it would be soo great. the graphics would be alot way better and squaresoft should turn their backs on ps and come to microsoft.. jus my uncalled for opinion lol :D I would like a Final Fantasy on Xbox if it was created by the original creators. I would prefer Chrono Trigger though as long as it doesn't follow Chrono Cross.

MerimacHamwich
12-01-2002, 03:57 PM
Maybe a new River City Ransom. Not a rehash with slightly improved graphics either. I mean make it 3d and more in depth. That game was cool.

MerimacHamwich
12-01-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I would like my Xbox more than anything if there was a Gunstar Heroes, Golden Axe, Vectorman, and Streets of Rage sequel.;) I hope Playmore makes an SNK game on Xbox.

There is Capcom vs SNK.

Final Fantasy is too crappy to be on the xbox. I think that we would be way better off to get a Dragon Warrior game. That series ruled. They actually had continuity! So they had the right to be called a series and have one general name. Unlike Final Fantasy...

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 04:03 PM
River City Ransom was awesome. but i only have the rom thats in japaneese, so i dont know what the tell they are talking about...game had good backgrounds that i used im computer animation several times...

MerimacHamwich
12-01-2002, 04:06 PM
Basically it was about two brothers (I think, otherwise they were friends) who were fighting a bunch of gangs to save some girl or something. I think in general it was where Rockstar got the idea for GTA3's story line.

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Okay, I just thought of a bunch of them:

An original Bomerberman (oh yeah)
Albert Odyssey (oh yeah)
Lunar (oh yeah)
Columns
Strider (oh yeah)
Castlevania (oh yeah)
Tiny Toons
Rocket Knight Adventures
Street Fighter
Little Nemo: The Dream Master (oh yeah)
Yo Noid
Adventure Island
Bubsy
Joe & Mac
Bug
Clockwork Knight
Dayrona USA
Sega Rally Championship
Guardian Heroes
Hang On
Space Harrier
After Burner (oh yeah)
Beyond Oasis
Shining Wisdom (oh yeah)
Dragon Force
Sonic R (oh yeah)
Fighting Vipers
Last Bronx
Blazing Heroes
R-Type
Bonk
Raiden
Tech Romancer (oh yeah)
Secret of Mana (oh yeah)
Lufia (oh yeah)
Alex The Kid (oh yeah)
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (oh yeah)
Shadowrun
Vay
Dragon Spirit
Bubble Bobble (oh yeah)

Probably more though.;)

VenoM
12-01-2002, 04:16 PM
Smash TV

"BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!"

oh yea :cool:

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
Smash TV

"BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!"

oh yea :cool:

I remember playing Super Smash TV...all you did was shoot stuff, and each face button was to shoot in a different direction...pretty lame, but very fun at the same time.

Cloud Strife
12-01-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

I remember playing Super Smash TV...all you did was shoot stuff, and each face button was to shoot in a different direction...pretty lame, but very fun at the same time. So do I.;) I remember playing that game with my friend and taking power ups from him.:D He was :mad: at me.

Reclaimer
12-02-2002, 01:31 AM
Ikari Warriors
Contra 1 & 2
Space Harrier
After Burner and G.L.O.C.
Outrun 1 & 2
Hard Driving
Stun Runner
Steel Talon
Lethal Enforcer
Killer Instinct
Rolling Thunder
Guerrilla War
Iron Tank - NES
Jackal - NES
Life Force - NES
Cabal
Karate Champ
Sinistar

xboxaddicted
12-02-2002, 09:21 AM
PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG

Cloud Strife
12-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by xboxaddicted
PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG With Atari graphics or Xbox graphics?

SoccerCJM77
12-02-2002, 03:23 PM
ZELDA would be way better on the XBOX then Gamecube
Gamecube sucks. ZELDA Rocks

The.Prophet
12-03-2002, 01:22 AM
Man!! I am damn surprised that no one mentioned Joust!!!!

Joust on Xbox = Love

xboxmaster2002
12-03-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
River City Ransom was awesome.

yeah it was i still have the original one for NES i played that all the time...

double dragon
Shadowgate (they made one on 64 but it can get a lot better on xbox)
Phantasy Star Offline (rumors about a PS5.. that would be great on xbox)
Space Harrier
Alien Syndrome
Road Rash
Shining Force
Sword of Vermilion
Marble Madness

noopy
12-03-2002, 04:32 AM
Double Dragon
R-Type
Afterburner
Outrun
Bubble Bobble
Dig Dug
Dragon Ninja (Bad Dudes)

I'm an old Commodore 64 user and I miss the good beat 'em ups.

Why don't they make any games like Double Dragon/Dragon Ninja anymore?

noopy
12-03-2002, 04:37 AM
I should also add that I'm not talking about the Mortal Kombat/Streetfighter type game where you just battle it out one on one with an opponent...........I've never been into that type of game. I'm talking about the scrolling beat 'em up where you battle your way through different levels taking on various opponents.

I've seen Double Dragon already mentioned a few times in this thread so surely there is still a market out there for it.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
12-03-2002, 05:06 AM
Microsoft had better buy sega soon because most of the classics you guy were talking about are going to the playstation 2

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
Microsoft had better buy sega soon because most of the classics you guy were talking about are going to the playstation 2 Sevral of the classics I can say are targetede toward the Japaneese market.

Heatwave
12-03-2002, 07:55 PM
Shinobi? Ahhh....man! I want that game.
Life Force was also awsome.
Double Dribble
Ku Fu
Metroid
River Raid

I don't think microsoft is taking the game system thing seriously. My next purchase will be a Playstation 2. Microsoft is pushing stupid gimics. Until they get some serious support from the Japanese programers, X-box will be very limited in good game play. I'll just get future x-box games for my PC.

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Heatwave
Double Dribble
Ku Fu
Metroid
River Raid

I don't think microsoft is taking the game system thing seriously. My next purchase will be a Playstation 2. Microsoft is pushing stupid gimics. Until they get some serious support from the Japanese programers, X-box will be very limited in good game play. I'll just get future x-box games for my PC. It's because Japaneese developers don't want Xbox to be successful. They want nothing to do with Xbox. Microsoft tried to convince Enix and Square to join but they won't.

tWoTOMA
12-03-2002, 10:55 PM
-mike tysons punch out (still waiting for a more fun boxer)
-tecmo bowl (best sports game ever til 2k3)
-rygar (man am i disappointed we didnt get this one. i loved it for nes)
-mario
-zelda
-soul calibur
-grand theft auto (who doesnt want this)
-castlevania
-goldenaxe (best arcade game ever)
-double dragon
-street fighter
-paperboy
-ninja gaiden (whooohooo were getting it!)

Highlite23
12-04-2002, 11:10 AM
From the good 'ol NES days.........Strider, played the snot out of this game.:D

Pimpn419
12-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Punisher!!!!

tWoTOMA.... why do you hate unreal championship? Just curious.. I was planning on buying this game.

-Matt

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
From the good 'ol NES days.........Strider, played the snot out of this game.:D I see a lot of Double Dragon's listed. That game would be great to remake but I don't think the developer who made it is still around. I would love to have it though. ;)

pieceofmind83
12-05-2002, 01:28 PM
yup!
that'll keep me nice and busy.

Afro Aura
12-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Okay, I just thought of a bunch of them:

Lunar (oh yeah)
Strider (oh yeah)
Castlevania (oh yeah)
Street Fighter
Daytona USA
Sega Rally Championship
Guardian Heroes
Shining Wisdom (oh yeah)
R-Type
Raiden
Secret of Mana (oh yeah)
Dragon Spirit
Bubble Bobble (oh yeah)

Probably more though.;)
yep these would be mine
They're doing a Raiden Fighters Evolution for XBOX Live
Guardian Heroes would kick a$$ online too

also to add to that list
Double Dragon 1 & 2
Shadow Dancer (funny that, it was better on the Genesis than in the arcade)
Shinobi
Paradroid (C64)
Ikari Warriors 1 & 2 (3 was just terrible)
Phantasy Star (man I need some RPG right now)

I'm sure like you Burning I've probley got a whole load of game to add in there:D

DIGITAL
12-05-2002, 02:00 PM
i want maniac mansion an zax mckracken ,old lucasarts games!

Afro Aura
12-05-2002, 02:05 PM
I see a lot of Double Dragon's listed. That game would be great to remake but I don't think the developer who made it is still around. I would love to have it though. ;)
yeah maybe your right but I hope someone could take there place, I hope they will keep it's 2d elements in there as in some games when they turn them into 3d they just don't have the same feeling, I suppose they could put in 3d background but thats it, I would love to see this game again

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

yep these would be mine
They're doing a Raiden Fighters Evolution for XBOX Live
Guardian Heroes would kick a$$ online too

also to add to that list
Double Dragon 1 & 2
Shadow Dancer (funny that, it was better on the Genesis than in the arcade)
Shinobi
Paradroid (C64)
Ikari Warriors 1 & 2 (3 was just terrible)
Phantasy Star (man I need some RPG right now)

I'm sure like you Burning I've probley got a whole load of game to add in there:D Shadow Dancer was a great game on Gensis. It would be noce to see that on Xbox. I hope Raiden comes to the Western Market. Maybe Microsoft should acquire the rights to Double Dragon and find a developer to make it.:)

Hugh_Jass
12-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Dungeon Keeper
Thief
Space Quest

Dre
12-06-2002, 02:38 PM
I don't think microsoft is taking the game system thing seriously.

Riiiggghhhhttt.... they just woke up one day and felt like throwing a couple billion dollars out the window for fun.

Anyhoo...

I'd like to see a Dragon Warrior game. That game was one of my fav ones on NES. I think I'd gotten it for free with a subsription to Nintendo Power. Ahh.. the good ole 8-bit days :)

I'd also like to see a remake of Doom..... wait a minute.. :D:D

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Double Dribble
Ku Fu
Metroid
River Raid

I don't think microsoft is taking the game system thing seriously. My next purchase will be a Playstation 2. Microsoft is pushing stupid gimics. Until they get some serious support from the Japanese programers, X-box will be very limited in good game play. I'll just get future x-box games for my PC. I own a Playstation 2 and it's definately no where near as good as Xbox. I am renting Shinobi right now and it isn't the greatest thing in the world. The fighting is very stiff in that game. Microsoft is taking the console industry seriously. I you want sequel after sequel of the same thing and Japaneese RPG's you should not have bought an Xbox. You seem to hate it just because the Xbox might not be as powerful as your PC.

MXSmkin
12-08-2002, 11:00 AM
I would like a Final Fantasy on Xbox if it was created by the original creators. I would prefer Chrono Trigger though as long as it doesn't follow Chrono Cross.

I would really love to see Chrono Trigger on Xbox to.

Cloud Strife
12-09-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MXSmkin

I would really love to see Chrono Trigger on Xbox to. Chrono Trigger was probably the best RPG game I've ever played. I bought Chrono Cross right when it was released and was disappointed. :( But it's great to own a Super Nintendo game worth $80 anyway.;)

rothgar
12-10-2002, 01:42 AM
why did no one say

earthworm jim i loved that game

and i agree with the river city ransome

and maybe powerstone from dreamcast would be rad

Cloud Strife
12-10-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by rothgar
why did no one say

earthworm jim i loved that game

and i agree with the river city ransome

and maybe powerstone from dreamcast would be rad I almost forgot about that game. I had it for my SNES and it was a great game. I remember watching the cartoon show too.;)