PDA

View Full Version : WWF RAW 2 wishlist

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 06:23 PM
first of all, 2 things. #1, yes, its wwf. wwe sounds dumb. and #2, i have no idea where to post this...wrestling like this is not competative, so its not a sport, nor is it a fighting game...so its going here. (no game discussion in the general forum)

Ok, now that we cleared that up, lets talk about a game that better no suck as worse as it's original release...doubt its possible to suck worse than that, it could be done. I certainly dont want to see it, so lets just hope this time around, Anchor gets their act together...if they are developing the second game as they did the sucky first one... :(

RAW 2 promises enhanced gameplay...lets hope they dont mean enhanced like Red Faction 2's Geo-Mod feature...since when is enhanced a synonym for 'removed'? :confused:

Anyway, i saw several screenshots and i think a movie of this game, and it looks like some new things have been added...backstage areas, hell in a cell/steel cage, etc. The graphics the first time around were great, but RAW 1 is a prime example of the phrase "Dont judge a book by its cover"...or more like "dont judge a game by its graphics"...although i have read some good books with great covers, but thats another story.

Now i think its time for some screenshots, yes?

women and backstage areas (http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/wwf222.jpg)
hell in a cell or steel cage...who cares (http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/wwf285.jpg)
a second arena! perhaps there's more! (http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/wwf289.jpg)
he looks like his talentless real-life counterpart this time... (http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/wwf260.jpg)

ok, enough of that...now lets talk about stuff that should be fixed from the last (first) installment of the series...

1 - Gameplay. Reversing grapples is a terrible idea. Not only was the system all about luck, but it could mean entire matches with no grapple moves! Use the No Mercy system, or the amazing Fire Pro grapple system. But i think that reversing grapples is a very bad idea, and too many reversals all by the luck of the draw is NOT what people want.

2 - Physics. You would thing this is the first thing they thought about in a video game...especially a wrestling game. I dont ever want to be standing inside the ring and recieve an elbowdrop from my opponent, who is standing 3-5 feet away from the apron on the floor...thats just wrong. I think that if you swing a weapon or something, ONLY the person that you are swinging at gets hit, not everyone around you. Sure, its realistic if you lift a chair up and crack a dude in the head that was standing behind you, it could happen, but thats not what people want to see in a video game. Make it more like No Mercy, with weapons and moves alike. You should only be able to injure the person you are targeted on at the time.

3 - CAW mode. Create-A-Wrestler. I dont want to create a clown, or a stealth assasin with a giant pink mohawk, or a robot...i want to create a wrestler! Thats usually what you see in WRESTLING games. Instead of robotic arms and DBZ-esque hair, why not add some wrestling costumes, masks, tights with various designs, boots, etc? Thats what makes the Fire Pro series the undesputed KING of CAW modes...cause the only thing you can make is a wrestler.

4 - Weapons. Who the hell wants to put on a dance outfit in mid-match?! If anyone does that, the most that happens as a result is that the other person has a little more motivation towards ending your life, but thats it. I want chairs, tables, ladders, barbed wire, etc. blunt weapons, not 30 pairs of sunglasses. sharp objects, not 30 different hats. And in RAW 1, it was close to impossible to put your opponent thru a table...why? Thats what they are there for, why make it so hard? And why does every weapon bounce out of position if you run past it? I have seen more wrestling matches than perhaps anyone else that comes to these forums, and i have never seen that happen unless the ring was broke. I dont want to see tables sliding out of place, i want to be able to piledrive someone thru it...while its on fire.

Ok, enough of that. Any more ranting and raving about how bad RAW 1 was and im going to have sky high blood pressure...so in short, i hope the sequel is good...XBOX NEEDS A GOOD WRESTLING GAME! or at least one Fire Pro game...please? :(

GreenFireX
12-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
3 - CAW mode. Create-A-Wrestler. I dont want to create a clown, or a stealth assasin with a giant pink mohawk, or a robot...i want to create a wrestler! Thats usually what you see in WRESTLING games. Instead of robotic arms and DBZ-esque hair, why not add some wrestling costumes, masks, tights with various designs, boots, etc? Thats what makes the Fire Pro series the undesputed KING of CAW modes...cause the only thing you can make is a wrestler.

what if people like wrestling with a stealth super sayien robot clown?

Xbox Owner
12-01-2002, 07:04 PM
It's WWE;)

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by GreenFireX

Im sure you can make weird assed people like that in Smackdown games...im serious, i did not see ANY wrestling clothing other than black trunks in SD3...havent played sd4 yet...im afraid to.

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
It's WWE;)

no its not, thats sounds stupid. and Project Ego is still Project Ego as far as im concerned...:cool:

GreenFireX
12-01-2002, 07:09 PM

no its not, thats sounds stupid. and Project Ego is still Project Ego as far as im concerned...:cool:

I agree with you, Project Ego sounds way better than Fable.

Xbox Owner
12-01-2002, 07:13 PM

But they're not making a game for the world wildlife fund.

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 07:15 PM

But they're not making a game for the world wildlife fund.

wwf was around before the wwf...let me rephrase that...wwf the wrestling company was around before the world wildlife fund...but who cares, wwe sounds retarded.

GreenFireX
12-01-2002, 07:19 PM
wwe sounds retarded.

It does but it is too late now. they have already changed it. i stoped watching wrestling awhile ago so it dosent bother me what the game is called.

Variation-XBA
12-01-2002, 07:23 PM
hell in a cell or steel cage...who cares (http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/wwf285.jpg)

Its a cell :) there is a roof :)

EHWfedPres
12-01-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Variation

Its a cell :) there is a roof :)

There have been cages with roofs before...a HIAC goes around the floor so you can go outside the ring and still be in the cage.

GreenFireX
12-01-2002, 07:29 PM

There have been cages with roofs before...a HIAC goes around the floor so you can go outside the ring and still be in the cage.

it could go outside the ring, it dosent really show if it does or not.

Premium Xbox
12-01-2002, 07:39 PM
World Wildlife Fund was around LONG before WWF (wrestling). WWF (wrestling) didn't come around till July 1979. Before that is was WWWF. Then before WWWF it was named something else when Vince McMahon Sr. owned the company. Read up.

Anyway, as long as the game is better than WWF RAW, I'll be happy.

GreenFireX
12-01-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Premium Xbox
Anyway, as long as the game is better than WWF RAW, I'll be happy.

I know what you mean. i was very glad that i rent raw before i bought it. i was very disapointed with that game. i played it for about 30 mins and returned it the next day.

EHWfedPres
12-02-2002, 07:42 PM
I stopped watching wwf about 6 years ago whent hey turned gáy...then i watched ECW and XPW, and now i download NWA-TNA clips and order CZW and Japan tapes from Highspots.com...

Xbox Owner
12-02-2002, 08:01 PM
I stopped watching wwf about 6 years ago whent hey turned gáy...then i watched ECW and XPW, and now i download NWA-TNA clips and order CZW and Japan tapes from Highspots.com...

Man then you really missed out, because six years ago wwe was in like it's prime..when EVERYONE watched it..getting ratings like 7.3 and stuff.

EHWfedPres
12-02-2002, 08:18 PM

Man then you really missed out, because six years ago wwe was in like it's prime..when EVERYONE watched it..getting ratings like 7.3 and stuff.

thats cause all they did was stupid storylines...i watched the ppv's at least...i still do...cause i get them for free...but anyway, you havent seen real wrestling until you have see NWA-TNA.

Premium Xbox
12-02-2002, 09:36 PM
thats cause all they did was stupid storylines...i watched the ppv's at least...i still do...cause i get them for free...but anyway, you havent seen real wrestling until you have see NWA-TNA.

No..they do stupid storylines now. Back then they were good story lines. That's when WWE knew what they were doing. Not playing it by ear week to week.

NWA-TNA suck's. "Hey let's run a crappy wrestling federation out of a fair ground building. Have to have second-rate wrestler's that either got fired from/couldn't make it in WWE. Have it on PPV only and run every Wednesday, and charge $10.00 each time. So, by the time the cable and dish companies take what they get (60%) that mean's well get $4 out of every buy!" I give them two years tops. :o CZW suck's too. The guy who own's it think he's ECW when he's not nor never will be.

EHWfedPres
12-02-2002, 10:45 PM

No..they do stupid storylines now. Back then they were good story lines. That's when WWE knew what they were doing. Not playing it by ear week to week.

NWA-TNA suck's. "Hey let's run a crappy wrestling federation out of a fair ground building. Have to have second-rate wrestler's that either got fired from/couldn't make it in WWE. Have it on PPV only and run every Wednesday, and charge $10.00 each time. So, by the time the cable and dish companies take what they get (60%) that mean's well get $4 out of every buy!" I give them two years tops. :o CZW suck's too. The guy who own's it think he's ECW when he's not nor never will be.

I dont pay for their shows, i download them for free, like every other smart person. I hope you dont think guys like the Amazing Red and AJ Styles dont have talent...we all know those generics in black trunks that the wwf got each have no talent...wrestling talent...they know 3 moves a piece and use 2 of them every match...pathetic.

Premium Xbox
12-03-2002, 11:22 AM
I dont pay for their shows, i download them for free, like every other smart person. I hope you dont think guys like the Amazing Red and AJ Styles dont have talent...we all know those generics in black trunks that the wwf got each have no talent...wrestling talent...know 3 moves a piece and use 2 of them every match...pathetic.

So, you steal the show's. Well good for you. They must have a great picture too. You don't know the first rule of Pro Wrestling do you? "If you use more than 3 moves your working to hard." The only person in that "federation" that has talent is AJ Styles. Hell, WWA has better talent than TNA does.

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 12:27 PM

So, you steal the show's. Well good for you. They must have a great picture too. You don't know the first rule of Pro Wrestling do you? "If you use more than 3 moves your working to hard." The only person in that "federation" that has talent is AJ Styles. Hell, WWA has better talent than TNA does.

WWA closed didnt they? I have their 2 ppv's on tape, but never saw anything after that. Aj Styles, Jerry Lynn, and a couple other guys were in WWA...so i dunno wtf happened...

Premium Xbox
12-03-2002, 01:26 PM
WWA closed didnt they? I have their 2 ppv's on tape, but never saw anything after that. Aj Styles, Jerry Lynn, and a couple other guys were in WWA...so i dunno wtf happened...

Nope, WWA is still open. They just ran a three show tour over in UK/England. Scott Steiner was the WWA Champion, now that he's in WWE, WWE sent two or three wrestler's to take his place on the tour. Sting and Lex Luger are now in WWA. WWA only got 1,800-2,000 people pre show in arenas that seat 10,000-20,000 for Pro Wrestling. Not to good a sign. :eek:

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 02:00 PM

Nope, WWA is still open. They just ran a three show tour over in UK/England. Scott Steiner was the WWA Champion, now that he's in WWE, WWE sent two or three wrestler's to take his place on the tour. Sting and Lex Luger are now in WWA. WWA only got 1,800-2,000 people pre show in arenas that seat 10,000-20,000 for Pro Wrestling. Not to good a sign. :eek:

sure hope they have another ppv soon, wwa was awesome

and who cares about the number of people, if the show is good, who cares! ECW for example...

Spaztic
12-03-2002, 04:39 PM
lita topless

davidx
12-03-2002, 05:42 PM
that those are WWF RAW 2 screenshots? (Which by the way is called Ruthless Agression).

I ask cause I've seen them before....labeled as Smackdown!4 screen's....

We need a release date!

X

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 08:12 PM
it ships to eb March 9th, so March 10th is the probable release date.

and those are raw 2 screenshots.

thAshAdyOne
12-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by GreenFireX

i would appreciate it if you didnt say anything else about my father............j/k

DZNUTZ
12-10-2002, 12:06 PM
ummm..how about...

ONLINE PLAY

seriously...thats the #1 request.
yes i know thier is another jap/ online wrestling game in development.

btw...i thought RAW was an EXCELLENT first installment.
anchor did a superb job.
sure they didn't delever all they promised..but eh..oh well.

i think they made a great base game..and will improve on it nicely.

Kleen
12-11-2002, 05:56 PM

2 - Physics. You would thing this is the first thing they thought about in a video game...especially a wrestling game. I dont ever want to be standing inside the ring and recieve an elbowdrop from my opponent, who is standing 3-5 feet away from the apron on the floor...thats just wrong. I think that if you swing a weapon or something, ONLY the person that you are swinging at gets hit, not everyone around you. Sure, its realistic if you lift a chair up and crack a dude in the head that was standing behind you, it could happen, but thats not what people want to see in a video game. Make it more like No Mercy, with weapons and moves alike. You should only be able to injure the person you are targeted on at the time.

I don't agree with you statement about physics, entirely. The nature of physics is that if you get hit, you get hit. The problem with RAW was any part of the attackers body could lay you out just as if the attack was directed at you. I you stood in a crowd or behind a guy delivering a diving clothesline, his feet would knock you silly -- that's dumb. They need to redo the collision detection, big time. If a guy cranks back with a chair and you get hit, it should register. But a jab to a guy doing a mmove should be enough to break up the move, only stall it a bit.

Anchor should really work on the falling physics (off of stages, cells, etc). It was horrible in RAW. And you should not be able to kick a man around on the floor. You should have to drag him. The tables should slide all over the place, and you should be able to put the guy's body through it, not just his head.

destroydemons
12-12-2002, 10:18 PM
i wish it was 1000 times better than WWF Raw on XBOX or else i wouldn't even rent it for free....i would get bored and forget i had it, then pay for a late fee :(