PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Square developing for the xbox getting better?

Codemaster211
12-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey,
I was wondering what everyone thought of the chances of square devloping for the xbox now that it is merging with enix(whcih means the two biggest rpg companys in japan are now one)

I think this is great news, and it means that are chances are better. Now that it will be with enix, square may have the power to develop for all three consoles(let's admit, that sony has square by the balls)

Plus this merging means more games like chrono-trigger. I can't wait to see what happens now these two companies are one.

Laters,

SoccerCJM77
12-02-2002, 03:35 PM
Oh that would be great. I've been looking forward to a good RPG game for sometime. That would be great if they made Zelda for XBOX

EHWfedPres
12-02-2002, 07:44 PM
who really cares, they make shìtty games anyway...

but Hayabusa was the ƒuckin man...until he paralyzed himself...:(

TheCovenant
12-14-2002, 10:55 PM
ummm, i dunno about you, but square didn't get it's awsome power to shift masses by making ****ty games.

face it. final fantasy games are deep intriguing stories, and gameplay and action to accompany this make the games really good linear rpg's.

As for the square-enix merger. Sorry, but this most likely means that square on xbox is a lot less likely. In fact, now that probably means that playstation will have power over not only square, but enix too. unless square somehow gets free of that whopping 19% share that sony has over them, sony will always have say in all of square decisions, and i dont think sony would allow square to merge with enix if they thought for a moment that this would lead to square on XBOX.

i don't mean to bring bad news, it's just that that's how the market works.

Dre
12-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
who really cares, they make shìtty games anyway...

God ur dumb...

Anyways, people have to pretty much give up on seeing a Square game on Xbox, it just ain't gonna happen.

But, if you're a fan of the FF series, take a look at Sudeki! I think Sudeki will 100's of times better than the FF games. I've been reading on it lately, and you can tell the dev's know that there main competition is Final Fantasy games and they're determined to outdo them in every way possible!

taylormanazn
12-16-2002, 02:11 PM
sudeki doesn't look like it's going to have the same format as FF games....I like all kinds of RPGS, but tha FF series is awesome! I wish square would do games for xbox...it's a powerful machine, and they could be makin some cash

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 05:24 PM
it's gonna be quite impossible for square to develope for xbox.

However i agree, sudeki looks like it's making progress, and may be the linear rpg of the year.

Of course if you like rpg's, theres no reason to miss the ps2, for Fable, Star wars: knights of the old republic, Star wars: galaxies, sudeki, and more will more than take over your lfe.

You'll get your fill. dont worry.

Cloud Strife
12-23-2002, 08:00 PM
No, I don't think so. I use to be a big Squaresoft fan but I feel their games are going down hill. Most of their original employees left to join Brownie Brown, Monolith Soft, etc. To me , they seems to have fallen when the merged with EA to publish games in the U.S. and Japan.

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 01:11 AM
yea, good point. but i must say, ffx, although unlike ffVIII, was a triumph in cinemetography and story. i thought it was great.

those blitz ball scenes were cool. you gotta admit when he flew upside down and saw that big bubble thing at the beggining of the game. it was cool.

as for innovation, since FFVII, i have yet to see enough new things to make the game seem totally new.

FFX-2 looks like they added platforming elements to make exploring fun. new. but seemingly not enough.

still though, taking a break from xbox live, to play around 60 hours of an FF game, is really rewarding. as long as my xbox is still there when im done, of course........

RadRider
12-27-2002, 08:03 PM
The chances of Square developing for Xbox are so slim, that you might as well just buy a PS2. I'm afraid EHWfedPres is right here, Square just doesn't make quality games. Bouncer, Driving Emotion type S, that baseball sim... they all got blasted by critics unanimously, and none of them had any redeeming value at all. Their RPG's are a mixed bag at best, ranging from Final Fantasy to Kingdom Hearts and Saga Frontier. Personally I've never really cared for the Final Fantasy series, but even my hardcore Final Fantasy friend isn't impressed with FFX in the slightest. And you have to agree that FFX and FF8 (okay, I haven't played X, but I'm going by what my friend has said) really aren't an asset to the RPG genre in any way, and simply demonstrate that Square is losing it's power of pursuasion.

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 09:25 PM
although square IS losing it's power in persuasion, the installed fan base is big enough to still have power. Sony's game giant is now take two, rockstar ( grand theft auto series), but much of the sony base is hardcore rpg, and became that way because of playstation one's FFVII.

Square may have lost it's ability to expand it's user base, but the one it has is still no joke. if square were to switch to microsoft, many would follow.

as for the bouncer, the development team for that also made kakuto chojin, which also got slammed by critics unanimously.

as for games such as legend of mana, and secret of evermore, chrono cross....those were all great games. Square still has a few tricks up it's sleeve.

Although, not many of the new FF's have attributed to the genre, what it has, still moves gamers to new levels of emmergence, and is still a blast to play.