PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own...

LukeThaSpook
12-01-2002, 11:06 PM
...the X-Box 5.6"(or however many inches it is) screen that attaches to you X-Box and has a built in stereo system? If anyone has it, what is it like? Is it worth $149.99? Does it have good quality? Does it sound good? Give me some feedback on the X-Box Screen.

Unreal
12-02-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by LukeThaSpook
...the X-Box 5.6"(or however many inches it is) screen that attaches to you X-Box and has a built in stereo system? If anyone has it, what is it like? Is it worth $149.99? Does it have good quality? Does it sound good? Give me some feedback on the X-Box Screen.
Whats scary is I was kind of wondering what this screen was like as well. Mostly for link cable support but interested none the less. I will see if I can find impressions for you though.

CrazyCougar
12-02-2002, 06:58 AM
Yeah I am curious about this screen too. Like Unreal said , it seems like a good option for system link when you dont have that extra tv available. But $149.99 is a steep price and might just think about buying a 13" TV instead. Need some good convincing.

BTW Luke, I see you live in West Monroe. I used to live in Monroe a few years back. Loved the food down there! Crawfish ! YUMMY!

Flood
12-02-2002, 07:48 AM
speaking of little screens...has anyone seen the ad for those controllers for $99 with a screen attached to them?? they have em for all 3 systems...i forget who makes them but theres an ad in the new EGM....its pretty crazy

xboxaddicted
12-02-2002, 09:10 AM
what are all of these things tell me a website that i can go to

NME NVadR
12-02-2002, 10:43 AM
I don't have the Xbox xcreen, but I do have the screen for Gamecube. If nothing else, I'd imagine they would be similar to one another, so hopefully this info will help:

The picture (obviously) is really tiny. There's no way you're going to be able to play any kind of multiplayer game using the screen (except perhaps, XBL games that aren't split screen).

There is a noticeable "lag" (for a lack of better term) while the screen tries to catch up with your movements in the game. Actually, it's really not bad at all, but you do notice it, and it is far different than your standard TV picture. Just be fore warned.

Also, the first screen I bought had a burn mark in the LCD screen. Just a heads up, I'm sure I'm not the only person to experience this.

It seemed liek a good idea at the time (considering GC is so tiny and all), but after the novelty wore off, the screen has done nothing but collect dust. I couldn't imagine getting a screen for Xbox. I understand for traveling and that sort of thing, but it still doesn't seem like a very good option (even though it really is the only option).

Maybe if they come down in price a bit it would make sense to get one. Is there even a battery pack for the Xbox screen yet? If not, then that is even less reason to own the screen (although, it does come with a car and AC adapter, but those aren't exactly the most mobile forms of power).

Casper
12-02-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
speaking of little screens...has anyone seen the ad for those controllers for $99 with a screen attached to them?? they have em for all 3 systems...i forget who makes them but theres an ad in the new EGM....its pretty crazy

http://ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/230723.jpg

New Innovation from Hip Gear! Play your Xbox with the Hip Gear Screen Pad, an Xbox controller with a built-in High Resolution LCD screen. No T.V or monitor needed.

linky (http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=230723)

I will go out on a limb here and say that I don't think this will be a huge seller, unless you have a bunch of young kids that want to bring their Xbox with them on family trips.

NME NVadR
12-02-2002, 11:20 AM
I still say that controller is a great way to develop carpel tunnel.

Casper
12-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by NME NVadR
I still say that controller is a great way to develop carpel tunnel.

For the Xbox? :confused: It's probably the most ergonomic out there man....that is, unless you have one hand.

Cloud Strife
12-02-2002, 03:06 PM
I was interested an a small TV screen for my Xbox for I can bring mine places. I could even have play Xbox while using the bathroom.;)

Flood
12-03-2002, 04:36 AM
thats the one i was talking about....its gotta weigh a few pounds...haha...but at the same time im mildly curious to try it out

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
But $149.99 is a steep price and might just think about buying a 13" TV instead. Need some good convincing.

150 bucks for a 13 inch tv? Talk about a ripoff...you can get something twice as big for 150$

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

150 bucks for a 13 inch tv? Talk about a ripoff...you can get something twice as big for 150$ Yeah I know, I could buy a 20" at that price.

SkoalMint
12-05-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

150 bucks for a 13 inch tv? Talk about a ripoff...you can get something twice as big for 150$

But how portable would it be???

Personally I'm thinking about picking up one of these 5.6" screens to take with me when I travel on business.