PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell-is it me or a glitch?

Mahlon
12-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Before you go down to the parking garage the game gives you a side trip for supplies, where you go up in a shaft to a really high platform for supplies, then back down again. After working on that for a long time I bought the hint book (yeah, I know, I'm an older gamer). The hint book says Sam just climbs the cables in the middle of the shaft. I walked into the cables, jumped on 'em, side jumped, everthing, and he never grabs the cables to climb. I finally gave up and went on with the mission. But I'm curious, did anyone climb those cables and how???

Thanks.

lordarutha
12-02-2002, 12:26 PM
i jumped up there i didnt climb

gaterer
12-02-2002, 02:05 PM
I used the pallet to jump up to the first beam.

Marc_01
12-02-2002, 02:54 PM
After you get inside the building.. YOu first take out the guard in the room, check the computer, then you head out into the hallway. The first door on the left is that room you are talking about.

Just like gaterer said, you can jump on the pallet and get a medical kit and a think a pick. I never went up the shaft from the garage to get that stuff.

Kortiz
12-02-2002, 06:42 PM
i jumped up there...couple times i fell and died though hehe

Nato King
12-03-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Mahlon
Before you go down to the parking garage the game gives you a side trip for supplies, where you go up in a shaft to a really high platform for supplies, then back down again. After working on that for a long time I bought the hint book (yeah, I know, I'm an older gamer). The hint book says Sam just climbs the cables in the middle of the shaft. I walked into the cables, jumped on 'em, side jumped, everthing, and he never grabs the cables to climb. I finally gave up and went on with the mission. But I'm curious, did anyone climb those cables and how???

Thanks.

I remember climbing those cables and when you get to the top there’s some health packs. I think it just a glitch in your game. I am sorry man but that's the way the ball bounces sometime.:)

Mahlon
12-03-2002, 10:20 AM
Thanks for ya'll's input.

Nato King
12-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Mahlon
Thanks for ya'll's input.

Anytime man that's why where here. To help and to put in are input.:)

Slacker
12-05-2002, 02:51 PM
I can't grab the cables either, but I do climb up there when I am revisiting the level, you get two health packs and a disposable pick , ..the easy way to jump up there is to face the crate/stack of something next to the cables and do a Double jump,

THE LAST LEVEL IS THE ***** , man all that dropping climbing shimmy.drop.climb.drop.grab ..ect...