PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance: Is it ... ?

tss
12-02-2002, 01:40 PM
Is this game worth $50? It looks sooo good. But I am torn between this and Splinter Cell. Please help.

:eek:

Afro Aura
12-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by tss
Is this game worth $50? It looks sooo good. But I am torn between this and Splinter Cell. Please help.

:eek:
you've got yourself a dilemma as both game are brilliant but they're to worlds apart. If you looking for a great fighting game when I say great I mean it will make you laugh and it plays pretty cool then Mortal Kombat if your looking for stealth and strategy then Splinter Cell

but as I said your really in a dilemma as if I was in your shoes I would buy both

destroydemons
12-04-2002, 05:39 PM
depends wat kinda games you like better, and what games you have more of. if you dont have any fighting games then u shud get Splinter Cell, if u hav all shooting games then u shud get Mortal Kombat. and if u hav both then u shud get wat kinda games you play more

Afro Aura
12-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by destroydemons
depends wat kinda games you like better, and what games you have more of. if you dont have any fighting games then u shud get Splinter Cell, if u hav all shooting games then u shud get Mortal Kombat. and if u hav both then u shud get wat kinda games you play more
yep I agree with that

LukeThaSpook
12-04-2002, 10:32 PM
I definately think that this game is worth $50. But there's a catch, I've never played Splinter Cell. So, I would say, hands down, that Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is worth $50. I'm planning on getting Splinter Cell pretty soon though. I think you should buy one now, that is if you are planning on buying one or the other, and get the other one for Christmas. :D

TheCovenant
12-05-2002, 12:19 AM
I have to say that splinter cell will deliver a better overall expirience.

I am primarily a fighting gamer. I love fighting games and il play any fighting game and figure out how to link any move to any other move.

Dealy allaince was the first fighting Mortal Kombat fighting game in long time that didnt **** me off cuz of the craptacular gameplay (mortal kombat advanced, Mortal Kombat 4, Mortal kombat mythologies:sub zero, mortal kombat 3, mortal kombat trilogy, mortal komabt the weird sidestory game that involved sonya and jax)

see what i mean?

But ed boon really seemed to pull this one off and came out to an interesting level of gameplay.

but in all, you'll have more fun pretending your a spy and infiltrating cia headquarters and stuff. Trust me, splinter cell wont let you down.

For convincing people to get spectacular games over mediocre games, there is no power greaterthan X

shnike123
12-09-2002, 11:34 AM
GET MORTAL KOMBAT: DA especially if u r into fighting games. i have played every single mortal kombat game and i think this one is the best. GET THIS GAME and splinter cell is good im just more into the fighting genre

RudedogX
12-09-2002, 12:49 PM
In my case, I got both, but that's not always an option. I haven't played too much of Splinter Cell, but that that I have played, has definetly been a fun experience. As for MKDA, I think the game has a lot of promise, but like most fighting games (for me anyway), unless you have someone to play vs with you, it's not going to be worth it in the long run. It doesn't take long at all to unlock the crypt once you get going.

studepaber
12-09-2002, 01:05 PM
Splinter Cell is a better BUY IMO unless you're an absolute die hard MK fan. I though MKDA was a decent game but I have experienced MAJOR slowdown on some of the boards (the one with rain comes to mind) which is unexcusable and I wish there were more fatalities.

Afro Aura
12-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
Splinter Cell is a better BUY IMO unless you're an absolute die hard MK fan. I though MKDA was a decent game but I have experienced MAJOR slowdown on some of the boards (the one with rain comes to mind) which is unexcusable and I wish there were more fatalities.
No there wasn't, I think you better check your eyes mate :eek:

destroydemons
12-09-2002, 08:54 PM
well splinter cell is good, but after you beat it...:( i don't really think there would be anything to do. cuz its only one player......i got mortal kombat, its kool u shud try it if u like fighting games

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 12:17 AM
its like a week later, and i still say splinter cell..