PDA

View Full Version : XBox Controller via Airflow style

l Maximus l
12-02-2002, 02:17 PM
Okay...is this really a good idea? I've seen these at local retailers, but, I still find them somewhat humorous.

If you have never seen or heard of this controller, it's called the Airflow controller. They make a version for all three next gen systems. Basically, they blow air onto your hands drying moisture off of your hands and enabling you with a non slippery gaming advantage...Made by Nyko.

Anyway, here's a couple pictures...let me know what you dudes think of it:

http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Epascalb/screenshots/airflow/airflow2.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Epascalb/screenshots/airflow/airflow1.jpg
http://image.fp.outpost.com/art/product/box_shots/3388672.box.GIF

DZNUTZ
12-02-2002, 02:21 PM
max...u should know better.
don't ever buy 3rd party accesories.

also...sorry i haven't joined your UC invites.
i returned the game cuz my friend scored me a free copy...i just have to get it from him.

no do yourself a favor and give GR another chance.

please max...do it for the dozen;)

i swear on my xbox..i'd rather have that game then MA and UC

carlbme
12-02-2002, 02:53 PM
I'm with DZ, I don't trust 3rd party hardware.

Although I think it is overall a good idea, even if it is cheezy looking. I know when I play my hands sweat like mad.

Premium Xbox
12-02-2002, 03:00 PM
I messed around with one at work when a guy brought and then didn't like it. I liked the thing. I never buy 3rd Party on Xbox stuff. Though, for 3rd Party (Xbox style) is was nice and didn't look cheap, or feel cheap, at all. I might pick one up in a month or two. I'll pick up an GameCube one too (all I buy is 3rd Party GC controlers. Nintendo feel's very cheap to me).

VenoM
12-02-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

sorry i haven't joined your UC invites.

same here max...i dont have uc yet so thats why i havnt accepted your invites :p maybe i'll have it by next week though ....as for the airflow controller,i do think its a neat idea but its not a control i would buy even though i do get sweaty hands sometimes while playing but im happy with my over sized xbox controllers which imo are the best controllers ever made

aircobra
12-02-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Okay...is this really a good idea? I've seen these at local retailers, but, I still find them somewhat humorous.

If you have never seen or heard of this controller, it's called the Airflow controller. They make a version for all three next gen systems. Basically, they blow air onto your hands drying moisture off of your hands and enabling you with a non slippery gaming advantage...Made by Nyko.

it isn't that good, i still have an un-opened one (trying to get rid of it).

l Maximus l
12-02-2002, 05:08 PM
No problem Venom and DZNUTZ...just get UC when you can...I'll be waiting for the opportunity to play both of you in the meantime :)

As for the Airflow...I don't know, dudes...the entire premise is so cheesy to me. Wouldn't a towel suffice?! :D A five minute break!?

Now, for those who know me, I'm certainly an advocate for NOT buying 3rd party controllers....but, that's not necessarily what I'm after here... So, for a moment, ignore the fact that this controller is a 3rd party controller and let me know what you think about the entire premise of air being blown on your hands so any excess moisture evaporates as you play your games...

My opinion: Pretty pathetic... But, for those who actually like this controller, more to ya...it's just not my cup of beer ;)

DZNUTZ
12-02-2002, 05:16 PM
ewww....u like your beer in a cup?

i perfer mine in a bottle or glass. unless it coors light..then I perfer a can. (wierd huh?)

anyways..yea..that whole your to lazy to wipe your hands thing is just ridiculous.

btw max...in every response to a post of yours from here on out...i'm gonna say the following until u get annoyed enuff to actually do it just to shut me up.

GO BUY GHOST RECON!

l Maximus l
12-02-2002, 05:26 PM
ewww....u like your beer in a cup?

i perfer mine in a bottle or glass. unless it coors light..then I perfer a can. (wierd huh?)

anyways..yea..that whole your to lazy to wipe your hands thing is just ridiculous.

btw max...in every response to a post of yours from here on out...i'm gonna say the following until u get annoyed enuff to actually do it just to shut me up.

GO BUY GHOST RECON!

lol, dude...When I said that the Airflow controller is not my "cup of beer"...I felt like saying that as opposed to the famous phrase "cup of tea"...you get the picture ;) Oh...and yes, I prefer a glass...or better yet, a pitcher :D

As for Ghost Recon...damn...before I buy this game...tell me this: How in the hell can you shoot someone while aiming straight at him and actually hit the punk ass on the first shot!?

PapaSKooT
12-02-2002, 05:30 PM
sorry i haven't joined your UC invites.

Same Here :D. I might be renting it 2night, tho.

P-Rock
12-02-2002, 05:45 PM

Anyway, here's a couple pictures...let me know what you dudes think of it:

http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Epascalb/screenshots/airflow/airflow2.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Epascalb/screenshots/airflow/airflow1.jpg
http://image.fp.outpost.com/art/product/box_shots/3388672.box.GIF

Good post Max, that controller looks pretty sweet. I read about in some gaming mag down at Borders. They said that even though it slightly reduced persperation on your hands, the analog sticks stuck when you moved them around, as well as most of the buttons. Not that you sweat so much from your hands when you play right?

The only new controller I'm considering checking out is the new Wireless one. I just love that new kinds of technology.

BTW, I have UC and I'm a pretty good player. You add me, or I'll add you to my buddy list, and maybe we can play sometime. :D

DZNUTZ
12-02-2002, 05:53 PM

lol, dude...When I said that the Airflow controller is not my "cup of beer"...I felt like saying that as opposed to the famous phrase "cup of tea"...you get the picture ;) Oh...and yes, I prefer a glass...or better yet, a pitcher :D

As for Ghost Recon...damn...before I buy this game...tell me this: How in the hell can you shoot someone while aiming straight at him and actually hit the punk ass on the first shot!?

lol..i know what u meant max.
i was just messin wit ya;)
as for your gr ?
it sounds as tho u might have been experiencing lag.
must have been a bad host.
which if dat is the case...i can see y u didn't dig it.
but u said u hadn't played live yet? don't know..maybe u got a flawed disc. doesn't sound right
tell ya what tho livehas and will cont. to get much better. headshots are a kill.
body usually takes 2.
it all depends on the weapon.
NOW GO BUY GR
11 out of 12 dirty dozen members agree!!!!!!!
man..i will so set up some missions and help teach ya the ropes.
this game is such a blast.
intense has new meaning after playing some killer rounds on this game.
btw...did i mention u need to go buy GR!!!!???
NOW

Koopa
12-02-2002, 06:22 PM
yeah that sounds pretty pathetic...honestly, just wipe your hands on your pants every couple hours.

and uh do you think III should get ghost recon too? i loved MA for the first 2 weeks, i beat singleplayer and played a ton of LIVE, but now im really into UC and MA has lost some of its appeal. GR appears to be a love-it-or-hate-it game, so ill probably rent it soon

# 1 Stunner
12-02-2002, 06:39 PM
this looks like it would be a good idea that cold use a little more works because i have bought 3 3rd party controllers and they suck ass and im sure this one would too...but im happy with my pimped outt japensese green jewel controller..:) ;)

GokuX
12-02-2002, 06:51 PM
It looks like it would break easily.

# 1 Stunner
12-02-2002, 06:52 PM
i think it would make my hand cold...:D