PDA

View Full Version : DOA3 Froze up on me, anyone else?

GokuX
11-19-2001, 09:42 PM
My friends and I played lotsa DOA3 the first night, probably about 4 hours straight when I got my X BOx and had no problems. Anyway after playing some Multiplayer Project Gotham last night for about 2 hours then switching to DOA3 and playing tag after like about 30 mins of play the system froze and I had to reset. The only thing different that I know was that I had rumble enabled on my controller this time when it happened and the controller was going nutz when it froze. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a DOA freeze by chance. I almost wonder if its something to do with the rumble and the Tag Team since we played nothing but tag forever the first night with no problems. I'm not someone coming to stir up X BOx problems I would just like to know and if you possibly could, enable rumble when you're gonna do a long bout of Tag Team and see what happens. I'd appreciate it.

GokuX
11-20-2001, 01:59 AM
Well I decided to do a bit of testing and have let my X-Box go for 6 hours so far running DOA 3. I played for about 3 hours on very hard which as U know can take forever to beat the last boss because hes so freakin cheap on very hard. Then I let it sit and do its thing where it'll run the intro and what not for 2 hours then I played for another hour. I turned off rumble at the beginning which is what I suspect to be the cause of the lockup.

teXman
11-20-2001, 08:53 AM
That didn't happen to me but Halo did freeze on me. It dropped to like 1 frame per second while a friend and I were both in turrets on the second level I think. We reset the level and it didn't happen again.

mojo__31
11-20-2001, 08:57 AM
Most issues will be heat related, make sure the system isn't in a cramped area, it needs some airflow. If you are going to play for an extended period, I would recomendsetting it out of the entertainment stand into the open if you have it in one. Read the manual for heat caution information.

l Maximus l
11-20-2001, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by mojo__31
Most issues will be heat related, make sure the system isn't in a cramped area, it needs some airflow. If you are going to play for an extended period, I would recomendsetting it out of the entertainment stand into the open if you have it in one. Read the manual for heat caution information.

Excellent idea, Mojo. That's what I have been doing. When I know I am going to be playing for an extended amount of time (3+ hours or so) I always make sure that I pull my XBox out.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if you place your XBox on top of a small stand so it can get good air-flow...it needs some breathing room.

scarecrow kfj
11-20-2001, 11:23 AM
Just DO NOT lay it on carpet. put cardboard under it or something if you have to.

Hugh_Jass
11-20-2001, 12:32 PM
I always use rumble with DOA3. I've never had a problem with it. My XBox gets lots of good airflow, though.

GokuX
11-20-2001, 01:51 PM
Well I've had it sitting on the box out in the open so I dunno, guess its some weird software thing that pops up once every so often since the system is in the exact same place as it was when I left it running for 6 hours. I did just recently set CD cases under the rubber feet to get some clearance underneath since it does get warm on the underside. I wonder how long U can leave it running before it would just crash. 15 hours maybe longer. Oh BTW have U used rumble in tag mode at all? I used rumble all the time in single player with no problems but once I did tag well, I need to do some more testing. I wonder if they'll make any specialized coolers for the XBox like that one thing they made for the Playstation that fit onto the bottom of it, anyone remember that thing? They wrapped the PS in a sweater and left it running for 18 hours.

wingchunstan
11-20-2001, 04:32 PM
Halo froze on me on the loading screen it say disk damage or dirty try again. it happen 2 times then after i clean the disk work..

l Maximus l
11-20-2001, 04:40 PM
DOA3 froze up? Not for me...but, then again, I don't own the game yet :D

GokuX
11-20-2001, 10:33 PM
Yeah it'd probably surface if ya played it alot like me and my friends do.

Slider1981
11-21-2001, 01:36 AM
Once again a guy with 5 or under posts, is complaining about a problem with the xbox. Fishy huh.

GokuX
11-21-2001, 03:59 AM
Fishy Huh, I think Ure way too suspicious. Ya wanna know why you have so many new members here, cuz most of us don't wanna go to the Xbox IGN boards anymore because they're lame with people doing the Xbox vs whatever crud. I'll write something from the manual or service contract paper if U want. I know there are lots of fools that actually act like they own a system so they can make it look bad, but I'm not one of em. If I was I probably woulda said I was gonna return it or Xbox stinks or whatever. The XBox isn't working completely perfect for everyone like yours apparently and just cuz we post a problem, doesn't mean we don't own the system.