PDA

View Full Version : Famistu reviews Panzer Dragoon Orta and results are...HUGE

Jarvis
12-02-2002, 11:03 PM
=38/40. A very very good score from that magazine. I believe they give their highest game awards to anything 35+.

They also revealed it comes packed with the original Panzer Dragoon as an unlockable. (first 2 games on the saturn ruled the world). Also hear all of the CG from the first 2 games are on there.

Jan 14th people, let's get ready to eat this game up!

-jarvis

xboxmaster2002
12-02-2002, 11:14 PM
ok 3 guys give it a 10 and what guy gives it an 8... one of those guys that says oh thats not my type of game... but its still a 38/40 but it could have been higher ill pick this one up.

mj16hess
12-03-2002, 12:51 AM
I played the demo for Panzer Dragoon and it is certainly an awesome game. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is fast and intuitive, and it's really just a lot of fun. Traditional Japanese style and sometimes you just can't beat that :eek:

Evil_Dr_Beefy
12-03-2002, 05:04 AM
Alot of people have been waiting for this game.....i'm going to try and preorder it....

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 08:19 AM
I didn't care about the reviews I was already buying the game anyway. I do agree Micorosft needs to buy Sega.

Unreal
12-03-2002, 08:27 AM
I was getting this game regardless. But its nice to see the game is getting some love ;)

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
I was getting this game regardless. But its nice to see the game is getting some love ;) January 15 can't come soon enough. It's making me :eek:

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
I was getting this game regardless. But its nice to see the game is getting some love ;)

Same here yo! I can not wait for this Sega title. I wish it were more RPG like the last version on Sega Saturn,.. but I guess beggers cant be choosers!:o

Im kinda shocked at da scores though. After all, it is a straight of Shooter.

btw, to da dude who made da thread. Do you have a link to Famitsu where they gave it this score?

Now I think of it, maybe i'll head over to LamePro.com, dats about da only thing there good for,..... .... covering Famitsu Weekly.

btw, I remember when they gave Soul Calibur on Dreamcast 10's across da boards!! Dats da only Fighter to ever accomplish dat with dem.:cool:

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 11:13 AM
dude, if your sig does not fit on the screen, its too damn big!

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Same here yo! I can not wait for this Sega title. I wish it were more RPG like the last version on Sega Saturn,.. but I guess beggers cant be choosers!:o

Im kinda shocked at da scores though. After all, it is a straight of Shooter.

btw, to da dude who made da thread. Do you have a link to Famitsu where they gave it this score?

Now I think of it, maybe i'll head over to LamePro.com, dats about da only thing there good for,..... .... covering Famitsu Weekly.

btw, I remember when they gave Soul Calibur on Dreamcast 10's across da boards!! Dats da only Fighter to ever accomplish dat with dem.:cool: I would have loved to see Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 on Xbox. I am mad that I didn't buy the game when it was $50 four year ago.:mad: I own both PD I and II, still play them today.;)

VeNoMiZA
12-03-2002, 04:30 PM
ugh! this is a arcade game to me i played the demo and man i dont like it..... its like the dragon flies u around and all u do is shoot..... reminds me of house of the dead it moves u around and u shoot..... so if it reminds me of house of the dead im definitly not picking it up... i rather pick up toejam and earl.. its wierd but kool.

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I would have loved to see Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 on Xbox. I am mad that I didn't buy the game when it was $50 four year ago.:mad: I own both PD I and II, still play them today.;)

I own 1 & 2 as well. But did you know Panzer Dragoon Saga was in limited print in da US ans is going for hundred of dollars on Ebay!:eek:

How about dat for a Sega Saturn classic!

TheCovenant
12-03-2002, 06:29 PM
yea i heard they rate really tough on that magazine. 38/40 is really, really good. I also picked up the demo. I was very underimpressed, but i also understood that that was a very early build of the game. Ive seen crazy screenshots of stuff you can do and to tell you the truth, ive been waiting for a game with classic gameplay but modern graphics.

Ithink this does for the panzer series what metroid prime did for the metroid series.

For bringing up games on gamecube that scored well overseas, there is nopower greater than X

Jarvis
12-03-2002, 06:54 PM

no link, sorry

-jarvis

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 06:56 PM

I own 1 & 2 as well. But did you know Panzer Dragoon Saga was in limited print in da US ans is going for hundred of dollars on Ebay!:eek:

How about dat for a Sega Saturn classic! Oh yeah I know it's in limited quantites. It was the same way for Shining Force III and Burning Rangers. I'm mad because I didn't keep Shining Force III because I couldn't beat a battle.:mad: That is why now I make sure I buy a videogame in limited quatities.;)