PDA

View Full Version : Someone INFORMED about all consoles...

HaloMasterVI
12-03-2002, 03:37 AM
Do all 3 consoles feature some sort of parental control?

Zion
12-03-2002, 07:36 AM
Yes. All of them do.

It's called "don't buy your kids M rated games if you don't want them to play them".

Mercury
12-03-2002, 07:55 AM
Nope, just xbox.

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 08:28 AM
The Playstation 2 can lock out DVD's that are R rated and X rated. But no other system has a parental lock. Japan had no rating system at the time.

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Zion
Yes. All of them do.

It's called "don't buy your kids M rated games if you don't want them to play them".

Very well said :)

OUberLord
12-03-2002, 11:31 PM
The Playstation 2 can lock out DVD's that are R rated and X rated. But no other system has a parental lock. Japan had no rating system at the time. Erm, I belive the topic stater said that he wanted people informed of all three consoles to reply?

The Xbox has a parental lock, which you lock via a 4 button password of your choice. Inside you can set the highest rating level you want the xbox to be able to play.

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by OUberLord
Erm, I belive the topic stater said that he wanted people informed of all three consoles to reply?

The Xbox has a parental lock, which you lock via a 4 button password of your choice. Inside you can set the highest rating level you want the xbox to be able to play. I do own all three consoles I know about it. When I was trying out my Playstation 2 DVD player, a message came up saying I needed to enter a password to play R rated movies. I am the only one who ever touches my Playstation 2.

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I do own all three consoles I know about it. When I was trying out my Playstation 2 DVD player, a message came up saying I needed to enter a password to play R rated movies. I am the only one who ever touches my Playstation 2.

There was a huge list of dvd's that either didnt work, or had problems when played on the ps2...but that was about a year ago that i saw that list...

VeNoMiZA
12-04-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
No,
Only the xbox does, I use it to keep my brother off but I have to say it is quite easy to figure out. I keep changing it but he can still get in, because its only a 4 button code. :)
i locked my xbox once so my freind dosnt plasy halo LOL he wanted to play it sooo bad so i put the lock on haghaha very good laugh.

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA

i locked my xbox once so my freind dosnt plasy halo LOL he wanted to play it sooo bad so i put the lock on haghaha very good laugh.

LOL, i never thought of that...

a friend of mine screwed up all my setting tho, so if he changed the lock code or something, i have no idea how to re-set it...

VeNoMiZA
12-04-2002, 03:05 PM
haghah try it when u dont want someone playing ur xbox its amazingly funny LOL they think that the system dont work!!! hahahahahaha ima do it next time i go out and one of my mom's freinds kids comes over hahahahahaha i hate it when they touch my shat >:(:mad:

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 03:12 PM
might work good since all of my games are rated either T or M...but i dont know anybody that wants to play my Xbox other than peopel that i want to...

VeNoMiZA
12-04-2002, 03:14 PM
just do it for fun and act like u dont know whats going on when ur friends tell it isnt letting u play LOL

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

There was a huge list of dvd's that either didnt work, or had problems when played on the ps2...but that was about a year ago that i saw that list... I use to have an older model, but then I sold it because I didn't like it. I bought it back when the price came down and have a newer model. The DVD did work, it just asked me to enter a code for children can't watch it.

The Informer
12-04-2002, 06:51 PM
I like the name of the topic. :)