PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now I'm really disgusted.

Mercury
12-03-2002, 07:54 AM
Take a look at these pics and tell me why the heck is PS2 doing better than xbox? I know graphics isn't everything, but come on! This is just plain sad.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,561445,00.html

Nato King
12-03-2002, 09:14 AM
I know what you mean Mercury .

I feel like I want to throw up just by looking at those pictures But it brings back memory’s of my N64 day's.:)

Spaztic
12-03-2002, 10:16 AM
looks fun to me!

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 11:12 AM
I think Vice City's graphics are pathetic...not to mention the gameplay is the exact same as GTA3...:rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I think Vice City's graphics are pathetic...not to mention the gameplay is the exact same as GTA3...:rolleyes: Oh yeah I can't believe why people feel they have to buy that crap.

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Oh yeah I can't believe why people feel they have to buy that crap.

Its not a bad game, its just nothing new. Its like making Halo 2 the same exact game but in a different place...

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 02:42 PM

Its not a bad game, its just nothing new. Its like making Halo 2 the same exact game but in a different place... Yup.;)

CrazyCougar
12-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Soundtrack for Vice City has to be one of the best ever though.

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA

well V rock rules...Raining Blood, Peace Sells, Madhouse, etc.

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 03:51 PM
I thought Jet Set Radio Future has the best soundtrack. I sing those songs in my head everyday.:D

Slacker
12-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Sad , very very Sad ,

you know some PS2 fanboy someplace is saying that it's better than Xbox, ..sad..

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
Sad , very very Sad ,

you know some PS2 fanboy someplace is saying that it's better than Xbox, ..sad.. Actually I knew one person who kept telling me Playstation 2 was better than Xbox and all he had was an Xbox. The reason he didn't think Xbox was good was because he bought 2 games and would only buy a game Gamespot rated with a 9 or above. I can tell he was hanging out with too many Sony fans.:mad:

VeNoMiZA
12-03-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
ugh im sorry to say but to me the music just plains sux.... except for like 2-3 songs... all the other goes into the trash can and it climbs back out and falls back in everytime i hear those songs..
man those graphics for evil dead are seriously good. cmon ps2 is better than xbox admit it....... J/K that shat looks worse than the tacos burger king makes.

FuNkY mOnK
12-03-2002, 06:56 PM
thats not the ps2 fault, thats the sh it head developers who also do the same number on xbox games.

XBOX Dude
12-03-2002, 08:46 PM
view power of the ps2http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,561545,00.html?page=94

The Informer
12-03-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
thats not the ps2 fault, thats the sh it head developers who also do the same number on xbox games.

Indeed, it's those slacking third party developers out to make a quick buck.

Mercury
12-03-2002, 08:59 PM
Well it's fine that they want to make a quick buck. All the power to them. But that is not my point. My point is that with such crapping looking games PS2 still out sells xbox. What is wrong with people? Why do they still flock to the PS2???

And I'm not talking about people who already own a PS2, but if you are planning on getting a console it makes no sense at all that a person would pass on the xbox to get a PS2.

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
What is wrong with people? Why do they still flock to the PS2???

Its dìckbrains like Gamespot that rate the games so high. Vice City gets a 9 for graphics yet the textures are little more that solid colors smeared...and great looking games like deathrow get an 8 only, when deathrow is a game that would not be possible on th PS2 without drastic graphical changes...now i know someone will say its based on what the syste, can do...well guess what? Vice City is NOT the best that the ps2 can do, not by a longshot...

Nameless
12-03-2002, 09:32 PM

Its like making Halo 2 the same exact game but in a different place...

Hmmm, cos thats not gonna happen...

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Nameless

Hmmm, cos thats not gonna happen...

better not. Halo 2 better have some of the Halo multiplayer maps, for old times sakes...and cause Sidewinder is one of the best ctf maps ever made.

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2002, 08:54 AM
why people still buy the ps2 is because they grew up with sony playstation and have adopted it's format of games and the name. when the xbox 2 comes out i and everyone here will support it for it's game format. and lets not forget that the ps2 did so well in japan mainly because of it's dvd playback, not the games.

dances with broom sticks
12-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA

ugh im sorry to say but to me the music just plains sux.... except for like 2-3 songs... all the other goes into the trash can and it climbs back out and falls back in everytime i hear those songs..
man those graphics for evil dead are seriously good. cmon ps2 is better than xbox admit it....... J/K that shat looks worse than the tacos burger king makes.

did u know that those tacos are fried in the deep fat frier with the meat and shell already together!? we just take them out of the shrink wrap, put them on the holder and put em down for 5 minutes, pull up add sauce and serve... :(

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 02:40 PM
I got into an argument with a Babbages employee because he was telling me Xbox is no good. He told me the reason people don't buy an Xbox is beause they hate Microsoft. I told him I still bought a Playstation even though Sony screwed me several times with stereos, TV's, etc. by them breaking on me after the short warranty.:mad:

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 02:45 PM
my sony walkman went screwy yesterday, and i got it in August! i was pressing the button to go to the next track and it was shuttin off. So then i got to a song i liked and wanted to fastforward, so i held in the button and the volume went up!:confused:

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 02:47 PM
my sony walkman went screwy yesterday, and i got it in August! i was pressing the button to go to the next track and it was shuttin off. So then i got to a song i liked and wanted to fastforward, so i held in the button and the volume went up!:confused: IThe same thing happened to me. Both on my Sony walkmans stopped working on me during a short period of time.

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 02:56 PM
IThe same thing happened to me. Both on my Sony walkmans stopped working on me during a short period of time.

I have a generic cdplayer...it plays cd's and has given me no problems in 3 years. :)

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 03:22 PM

I have a generic cdplayer...it plays cd's and has given me no problems in 3 years. :) That's true. I have a generic old generic TV I beat, hit, threw controllers at and it still works perfectly since 1984.

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 03:33 PM
That's true. I have a generic old generic TV I beat, hit, threw controllers at and it still works perfectly since 1984.

i have a sony tv (in he living room) and the buttons dont work, the volume changes the channel, etc. but i got digital cable now so i use that remote for volume only now.

Mercury
12-04-2002, 04:04 PM
I stopped purchasing Sony products a long time ago. They were always causing problems one way or another. Still, if their game system was any good I'd get it. But it isn't. It is just another another Sony ripoff product.

Master Gracey
12-04-2002, 05:57 PM
Ugh... I don't buy Sony products anymore. In fact, I'm proud to say that with the exception of my computer's DVD player (not my choice), there's not a single Sony electronic product in my room.

Back in '92, I got my first discman as a Christmas present. It was a Sony with a one-year warranty. Three of my friends got the same discman on the same day. All four of them broke within 7 days after the warranty ran out. About two years later, I found someone to fix mine for $5, but he said the problem was the motor and if it broke again, I'd just have to get a new discman. It broke the next month.

Making one of the most stupid decisions of my life, I bought another Sony, and found they now had a six-month warranty. It broke within 7 days after the warranty ran out.

I obviously felt the urge to outdo myself in the stupidity department, so I bought ANOTHER Sony to replace it. This last one broke two months after I bought it, but was replaced because it was still under warranty. The replacement broke within 7 days after the six-month warranty ran out.

The boot of reason had finally kicked me square in the face, so I bought a $50 Panasonic. It was in my backpack every day for 5 years of college, drove back and forth from Colorado to Maryland about 20 times, and was with me every day I went to work this year. It's never had a problem.

BTW - as I said at the beginning of this post, I have a Sony DVD player in my computer, but that wasn't my choice. It's been replaced three times and this, my third replacement, won't play any dual-layered DVDs, burned discs, music CDs or video games.

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
Ugh... I don't buy Sony products anymore. In fact, I'm proud to say that with the exception of my computer's DVD player (not my choice), there's not a single Sony electronic product in my room.

Back in '92, I got my first discman as a Christmas present. It was a Sony with a one-year warranty. Three of my friends got the same discman on the same day. All four of them broke within 7 days after the warranty ran out. About two years later, I found someone to fix mine for $5, but he said the problem was the motor and if it broke again, I'd just have to get a new discman. It broke the next month.

Making one of the most stupid decisions of my life, I bought another Sony, and found they now had a six-month warranty. It broke within 7 days after the warranty ran out.

I obviously felt the urge to outdo myself in the stupidity department, so I bought ANOTHER Sony to replace it. This last one broke two months after I bought it, but was replaced because it was still under warranty. The replacement broke within 7 days after the six-month warranty ran out.

The boot of reason had finally kicked me square in the face, so I bought a $50 Panasonic. It was in my backpack every day for 5 years of college, drove back and forth from Colorado to Maryland about 20 times, and was with me every day I went to work this year. It's never had a problem.

BTW - as I said at the beginning of this post, I have a Sony DVD player in my computer, but that wasn't my choice. It's been replaced three times and this, my third replacement, won't play any dual-layered DVDs, burned discs, music CDs or video games. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems with Sony. I had the exact thing happen to my dicman and my sister's. My sisters Sony Stereo tape deck doesn't work and the CD has trouble working. I got mad at my Dad when he wanted to purcahse a Sony TV and PC.:mad:

Master Gracey
12-04-2002, 06:33 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems with Sony. I had the exact thing happen to my dicman and my sister's. My sisters Sony Stereo tape deck doesn't work and the CD has trouble working. I got mad at my Dad when he wanted to purcahse a Sony TV and PC.:mad:

I would NEVER buy a Sony PC. The problems I have with the one Sony component in my computer are enough for me. As for TVs, I guess it's a hit-or-miss proposition. We have a Sony 72" rear projection TV and it's never had any problems. Sony wouldn't have been my first pick, but it was free and there wasn't a choice. :D

I've been so impressed at the quality of my $50 Panasonic discman that I recommend them to everyone. Almost six years and still ticking. In fact, it's sitting on my computer right now with cords going in and out because I was working on some strange recordings last night.

As much as I can avoid it, Sony will never receive another dollar from me. They ripped me off for enough of it. My next TV is going to be an $8000 Bang & Olufsen plasma screen... it's got the most amazing picture I've ever seen in my life. :D

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

I would NEVER buy a Sony PC. The problems I have with the one Sony component in my computer are enough for me. As for TVs, I guess it's a hit-or-miss proposition. We have a Sony 72" rear projection TV and it's never had any problems. Sony wouldn't have been my first pick, but it was free and there wasn't a choice. :D

I've been so impressed at the quality of my $50 Panasonic discman that I recommend them to everyone. Almost six years and still ticking. In fact, it's sitting on my computer right now with cords going in and out because I was working on some strange recordings last night.

As much as I can avoid it, Sony will never receive another dollar from me. They ripped me off for enough of it. My next TV is going to be an $8000 Bang & Olufsen plasma screen... it's got the most amazing picture I've ever seen in my life. :D I'll agree, Panasonic is a nice company. All my products from them work really well.

shnike123
12-06-2002, 10:13 AM
The reason (in my opinion) that ps2 is doing a lil better than xbox is because for 1 they r realeasing more titles some of which are good including vice city, ff games etc. But the graphics arent really the best and xbox hardware ownz ps2's. I think perhaps in the future when xbox release more titles they will be in the lead. Xbox though did have a sales boost when they released a bundle which included two nice games. But i do not think xbox will do as dreamcast did and die out because microsoft has the $ to back the products up and i look forward to many great releases for the xbox.

EHWfedPres
12-06-2002, 11:25 AM
I have a Sharp cd player (i never heard of them either) and a Hitachi vcr, and some generic tv downstairs...the big sony tv sucks and the buttons on it never work.

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by shnike123
The reason (in my opinion) that ps2 is doing a lil better than xbox is because for 1 they r realeasing more titles some of which are good including vice city, ff games etc. But the graphics arent really the best and xbox hardware ownz ps2's. I think perhaps in the future when xbox release more titles they will be in the lead. Xbox though did have a sales boost when they released a bundle which included two nice games. But i do not think xbox will do as dreamcast did and die out because microsoft has the $ to back the products up and i look forward to many great releases for the xbox. Well duh. The reason why the Playstation 2 has more titles because it has been out 1 1/2 years longer if you include the Japaneese launch. Final Fantasy X is not what sells the system. The game sold 1.2 million copies and half of those people that bought the game traded it in. People bought it because they thought the CG graphic commercials were the in-game graphics. I bought the game and its the second worst FF. I wasted $45 on that stupid game.:(