PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast games head to the Xbox (link inculdes)

Leo
12-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Yep! Dreamcast games are heading to xbox. Here is the link.

Go to Dreamcast heading to the Xbox (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?)

carlbme
12-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Very cool.

However, it seems the PS2 is getting more love.

Sega is redoing classics for the PS2 too.

AND, it seems that the PS2 is getting the better titles...

The series will kick off in Summer of 2003 with its first round of four titles: Space Harrier (1985, arcade), Fantasy Zone (1986, arcade), Phantasy Star (1987, Master System), and Golden Axe (1989, arcade). Future titles will follow at currently undisclosed dates, with the second batch including Monaco GP (1979, arcade), Alex Kidd in Miracle World (1986, Master System), Gain Ground (1988, arcade), Bonanza Brothers (1990, arcade) and Streets of Rage (1991, Genesis). A third batch will include Phantasy Star 2 (1989, Genesis), Virtua Racing (1992, arcade), Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium (1993, Genesis) and Last Bronx (1996, Saturn). Currently, all games are set for the PS2, but judging from 3D-Ages' comments, releases on other platforms could be a possiblity.

Although it say's it's a possiblity i'm not sure about it. If those titles do come to Xbox via 3D-Ages i'm willing to bet they will be nothing more than PS2 ports. :(

Liquid Gears
12-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Sorry, but where is this list of games on the link? :confused:

carlbme
12-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Which link?

Mine? or Leo's?

If it's Leo's then the wrong link got placed due to the site using frames so no matter where you go the only thing in the address feild is what he posted.

Try here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=84332)

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 06:58 PM
I already own Blue Stinger and Dynamite Cop on Dreamcast. I actually love both of those two games. I don't have Rent a Hero and Illbleed.

Kortiz
12-03-2002, 08:31 PM
my god blue stinger stucked

XBOX Dude
12-03-2002, 08:39 PM
i hope we get seaman god damn was that game addicting

Cloud Strife
12-03-2002, 08:47 PM
The thing the could improve in Blue Stinger is the camera angle though.

Liquid Gears
12-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Please oh please get all the Dreamcast fighting games, please..:D

MerimacHamwich
12-04-2002, 12:40 AM
Head Hunter! Or Head Hunter 2. A Head hunter game would rule. I loved that game, just imagine it with updated xbox par graphics and sound!

GreenFireX
12-04-2002, 01:40 AM
i want soul calibur for xbox. that was my favorite game for dc and imo the best fighting game ever.

Shoua
12-04-2002, 02:42 AM
i want golden axe on xbox!! i think a redone version that that would be cool.

xboxgamer142
12-04-2002, 05:32 AM
I hope there will be a new Toy Commander or Dynamite Cop on Xbox.

Unreal
12-04-2002, 07:06 AM
I have Illbleed already and I dont care for the other 3. Anyway, why would I want Dreamcast games on my Xbox? Its not like I missed out on them the first time around and I need to pick them up now. I want Genesis and Saturn games I missed Sega.

Mercury
12-04-2002, 08:10 AM
I would love to see Blue Stinger and Toy Commander come out for the xbox. Those were great games.

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
I have Illbleed already and I dont care for the other 3. Anyway, why would I want Dreamcast games on my Xbox? Its not like I missed out on them the first time around and I need to pick them up now. I want Genesis and Saturn games I missed Sega. So do I. Even though I own a Saturn and Genesis, I would love to see remakes of those games. I can't find Space Harrier II for Genesis or Shining Force II. I would love to see Saturn games redone on Xbox because the Saturn's graphics were not very good. An example of the graphics would be my avatar I have right now of a Burning Ranger. The Saturn also had great RPG's like Shining Force III Scenario 1,2,3, Shining Wisdom, Dragon Force, Dark Savior, Blazing Heroes, Albert Odyssey, PD Saga, and a even more.;) :cool:

Liquid Gears
12-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenFireX
i want soul calibur for xbox. that was my favorite game for dc and imo the best fighting game ever.

Why? It's so old :D Well.......sorta

Soul Calibur 2 is coming out for XBox already. It's way the hell better than the first one.

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Why? It's so old :D Well.......sorta

Soul Calibur 2 is coming out for XBox already. It's way the hell better than the first one. It would be nice to see a few Saturn fighters remade on Xbox wouldn't it.

Liquid Gears
12-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
It would be nice to see a few Saturn fighters remade on Xbox wouldn't it.

Yeah it would. What fighters are you hopin' for?

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 06:20 PM

Yeah it would. What fighters are you hopin' for? A few Saturn fighters that come to mind are Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter 2 (best VF game ever), Last Bronx, Fighers Megamix, Golden Axe The Duel, VF Kids (I doubt they would put this on Xbox).

I still hope to see Power Stone 3 on Xbox supporting Xbox Live.;) :cool:

Liquid Gears
12-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I still hope to see Power Stone 3 on Xbox supporting Xbox Live.;) :cool:

Same here, guy. I love that game!

Is it really coming to XBox?? I didn't even know that.....:D That Kung Fu Coas game coming out for XBox looks pretty similar to Power Stone.....in an Adventure/Fighting style game.

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 06:35 PM

Same here, guy. I love that game!

Is it really coming to XBox?? I didn't even know that.....:D That Kung Fu Coas game coming out for XBox looks pretty similar to Power Stone.....in an Adventure/Fighting style game. I have been keeping a close eye on Kung Fu Chaos.;)

I sent you a PM with the link to Capcom Fighting All Stars.

VeNoMiZA
12-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
I would love to see Blue Stinger and Toy Commander come out for the xbox. Those were great games.
:confused: blue stinger shouldve been blue stinker that game was complete crap :confused: cant believe u like that game lol:eek:

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA

:confused: blue stinger shouldve been blue stinker that game was complete crap :confused: cant believe u like that game lol:eek: I seem to be one of the only ones who liked that game and Dynamite Cop. Blue Stinger kicks Resident Evil's butt.;) :D

VeNoMiZA
12-04-2002, 06:43 PM
i had dynamite cop first game i pciked up wioth my DC hehe and man u cant say blue stinger beats resident evil those monsters in blue stinger were resdinet evil rejects lol. hehehe ui hated that game soo much specially how he ran, to me that guy looked like a fruit cake phantasy start online was the best game out for the DC.:D

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
i had dynamite cop first game i pciked up wioth my DC hehe and man u cant say blue stinger beats resident evil those monsters in blue stinger were resdinet evil rejects lol. hehehe ui hated that game soo much specially how he ran, to me that guy looked like a fruit cake phantasy start online was the best game out for the DC.:D Phantasy Star Online was a great game. Can't wait for the Xbox version. I thought the best Dreamcast games were: Soul Caliber, Sonic Adv 2, Sonic Adv, Skies of Arcadia, Tech Romancer, PSO, Samba De Amigo, Virtual On, and other games.

Brutal Grace
12-05-2002, 05:06 AM
Nothing in that link about PS2 conversions of Sega games --- until I see proof of that, I won't believe it.

I'm glad that Cool is enhancing Rent-A-Hero for Xbox. (It never made it to Dreamcast outside of the Japanese version.) New battle system and new characters, along with graphics and sound upgrades.. Rent-A-Hero is now on my list for April. :D

I read Illbleed is getting new stuff, too.

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Brutal Grace
Nothing in that link about PS2 conversions of Sega games --- until I see proof of that, I won't believe it.

I'm glad that Cool is enhancing Rent-A-Hero for Xbox. (It never made it to Dreamcast outside of the Japanese version.) New battle system and new characters, along with graphics and sound upgrades.. Rent-A-Hero is now on my list for April. :D

I read Illbleed is getting new stuff, too. If you want to see the Sega remakes on Playstation 2, check Magicbox.

Unreal
12-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Power Stone 3 would be one of the only series of fighters I would like to see continued on, on the Xbox. Maybe even some 2D fighters from Capcom in high res like Guilty Gear X for the DC was.

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
Power Stone 3 would be one of the only series of fighters I would like to see continued on, on the Xbox. Maybe even some 2D fighters from Capcom in high res like Guilty Gear X for the DC was. I thought coolnet was only porting Sega's own games to Xbox. If a port to Guilty Gear X was done, I would think Sammy/Arc Sytems would have to do it. It would be nice to see a Power Stone 3 on Xbox though.;) I hope capcom is listening.:)