PDA

View Full Version : new console in the works?

xboxmaster2002
12-04-2002, 02:16 PM
http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3896

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 02:20 PM
didnt that aatricle say that they were making games for Xbox and PS2 and some online games and stuff? (didnt read the whole thing) well making their own console would be a waste of money.

Cloud Strife
12-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
didnt that aatricle say that they were making games for Xbox and PS2 and some online games and stuff? (didnt read the whole thing) well making their own console would be a waste of money. Oh yeah that would be. I don't know any company that could come in and compete right now.

sniperdoggy
12-04-2002, 06:20 PM
hahahahahahahah they have no chance in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres no way they can compete against the big 3 xbox,ps2,and gamecube

aronx
12-04-2002, 06:39 PM
destined for failure

TheCovenant
12-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Yea if they at all want to just make enough money to eat, they have to buy out all major 3rd party developers and get ready to lose a lot more money than they could possibly gain. If many good things happen to it, itll build a following and maybe just work off that following. Seriosly, i have no idea how any one can compete. The next twenty or so years of ps2 and xbox are already planned out. Make your move would have to be very very clever to pull this one off.

For slamming down a yet new opponent, there is no power greater than X

MerimacHamwich
12-05-2002, 12:53 PM
It doesn't sound like it is going to be in the same market as a video game console. However, if it is really well made and tthe most technically advanced of its kind and if it provide fun gaming I will get it. Same reason I got the xbox.

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm not about ready to judge the system as a failer right now because I said pretty bad things about Project X 3 years ago. I said it was going to fail and Playstation 2 was going to be way better. Now I find myself liking Xbox a lot and not liking my Playstation 2 very much. I even like my Dreamcast better than my Playstation 2.;)

MerimacHamwich
12-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I liked my dreamcast better than the Playstation2 as well.

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I liked my dreamcast better than the Playstation2 as well. I don't want to say how many people tried to tell me I was wrong when the Dreamcast was still alive.

No Fear 23
12-05-2002, 04:25 PM
muahahahaha!

MerimacHamwich
12-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I don't want to say how many people tried to tell me I was wrong when the Dreamcast was still alive.

Yeah, it has to be the fanboy effect. Personally I have yet to see a game on PS2 that I don't think they could have pulled off on the dreamcast. Virtua Tennis looked pretty awesome for its day!
:)