PDA

View Full Version : Halo question....

tennyson
12-04-2002, 03:19 PM
I should probably be shot for saying this, but I've had XBox since launch, and I only got my very own copy of Halo yesterday. Anyway, I have a widescreen TV and was wondering if there was a setting that would split the multiplayer mode horizontally instead of vertically. Thanks for the help.

VeNoMiZA
12-04-2002, 03:21 PM
it comes horizontaly....

Snoopy7548
12-05-2002, 03:57 PM
uh. its split horizontally. horizontally is going left to right, vertically is going up to down. in case you didnt know

MerimacHamwich
12-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Snoopy what you said did not make any difference. You could have been talking about the line that splits the screens or the screen position itself.

I believe Tennyson is saying right now it is vertical, meaning one player's screen is on top of the other. He wants it horizontal so that one screen is beside the other.

Traditionally you refer to the way the screen is split. So when you say horizontal, you are referring to the way there is a "line" going horizontally across the screen, vertical is when that "line" is going vertical and splitting the screen.

The two different methods of saying it are opposites of eachother, so it is really important to specify.

No Fear 23
12-05-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Snoopy what you said did not make any difference. You could have been talking about the line that splits the screens or the screen position itself.

I believe Tennyson is saying right now it is vertical, meaning one player's screen is on top of the other. He wants it horizontal so that one screen is beside the other.

Traditionally you refer to the way the screen is split. So when you say horizontal, you are referring to the way there is a "line" going horizontally across the screen, vertical is when that "line" is going vertical and splitting the screen.

The two different methods of saying it are opposites of eachother, so it is really important to specify.

i'd stick to snoops method :)

VeNoMiZA
12-05-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
uh. its split horizontally. horizontally is going left to right, vertically is going up to down. in case you didnt know i know the difference just thought it said vertically :P