PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews on that new wireless troler?

Brevity
12-05-2002, 11:45 AM
I want one.

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
I want one. What are you talking about?

No Fear 23
12-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
What are you talking about?

a stupid wireless controller. i wonder how far u can play it up to. casue when i play it on my 61 inch tv, its too damn close with my original xbox controller, im thinking of getting it so i can be back further than 9 '

how far can u go up to from the xbox?

MerimacHamwich
12-05-2002, 04:58 PM
It has a 2.4 ghz radio wave signal. I am guessing you can go at least 100 feet and still have a strong signal with no problems.

chili325
12-05-2002, 05:02 PM
I think I heard 20 feet but that may have been for the madcatz one.

Toonz
12-05-2002, 07:17 PM
will it work with XBL anyone know ? ie. does it have slots ?

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 07:43 PM
I would not buy a wireless control because it is made by a third party company. Third Party accessories on my videogame system is a no no.

EHWfedPres
12-05-2002, 07:44 PM
i have one third party controller and the only reason i got it is because circut city was out of normal ones when i got my xbox, and i needed a second controller. I have 4 normal ones and 1 shyt one.

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
i have one third party controller and the only reason i got it is because circut city was out of normal ones when i got my xbox, and i needed a second controller. I have 4 normal ones and 1 shyt one. I bought a third party memory card for Dreamcast and it worked like crap.

EHWfedPres
12-05-2002, 07:47 PM
I think Xbox needs memory cards that hold alot more than 500 blocks...

Cloud Strife
12-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I think Xbox needs memory cards that hold alot more than 500 blocks... You can say that again.;)

Brevity
12-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Thanks but I guess there are no reviews out yet then hu? I am too close to my TV too and I hate wires. I have all three systems and tones of crap to go with each one so if I can trim it down that would be nice. Also if this new one works well with XBL then I am gonna get it 4 sure. I move around alot doin stuff while playen and I get all those wires crossed up, I wish that head set was wireless, I saw a wireless head set on tv for a Cell I might see if that will work. Thanks again

Toonz
12-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Brevity I use the madcatz ext cables and they work fine. I know everyone says that 15' is to long for a cable blah blah blah but I have yet to a have a problem. There 6' giving you 15 feet total

qpid
12-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Thanks but I guess there are no reviews out yet then hu? I am too close to my TV too and I hate wires. I have all three systems and tones of crap to go with each one so if I can trim it down that would be nice. Also if this new one works well with XBL then I am gonna get it 4 sure. I move around alot doin stuff while playen and I get all those wires crossed up, I wish that head set was wireless, I saw a wireless head set on tv for a Cell I might see if that will work. Thanks again

http://www.ahernstore.com/m1000.html

or the not necessarily bluetooth version

http://www.ahernstore.com/m1500.html

gdogg
12-06-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I would not buy a wireless control because it is made by a third party company. Third Party accessories on my videogame system is a no no.

Too bad you dont have monster cables.

Answers:
Its made by Logitech
It has slots
Official length is 20ft (but its 2.4gHz so its probably more)
TXB has pics and stats for it but their site is down right now (12/06 8:00am central)

Brevity
12-06-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by qpid

http://www.ahernstore.com/m1000.html

or the not necessarily bluetooth version

http://www.ahernstore.com/m1500.html

Thanks WOW I did not know they would cost so much.

Last night I got the G3 wireless troller for my GC (it rumbles) ITs GREAT in every way better then the wavebird. I want a wireless for all my systems, the PS2 one they had was 60 WOW the GC one was only 29. I want one but not at the cost of a game.:confused:

Jafo232
01-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Just to update this thread.

I bought the Logitech controller today. I had searched around quite a bit on the Net and all of these controllers have one drawback:

THE SLOTS ARE ON THE RECEIVER NOT THE HANDSET.

I noticed this in the store, and checked out all the controllers they had there that were wireless and they were all the same deal.

So in otherwords, if you want to use the headset, your still wired to the XBOX.

I bought it anyway so I could play games in a different room that are not on live, specifically HALO. It seems to be working fine, I haven't noticed any lag or any issues at all for that matter.

I am not sure why they didn't put the slots on the controller, some say the 2.4 ghz could not handle that much data, which is false. I have a 2.4 ghz wireless router and network several PC's with it. They get more than enough bandwidth to handle all of what is needed. Perhaps they just could not fit the components into the controller and still have it feel comfortable and light in your hand.

I am still reading the docs, but I have not found a way to turn off vibration on the controller, which surely would extend the 50 hour battery life.

I am also suprised that they did not make the thing rechargeable. They did this with their latest wireless mouse, they should have done it with the controller too.

I will be testing this further this week, and if warrented, will post anything else I find.

Brevity
01-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Thanks tell me how loose are the controles. I had a wireless GC troller that was really loose, it would take a great deal of movement to get it to react.

Cloud Strife
01-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by gdogg
Too bad you dont have monster cables.

Answers:
Its made by Logitech
It has slots
TXB has pics and stats for it but their site is down right now (12/06 8:00am central) I personally don't care about having hooking up my Xbox in a fancy way. I'm perfectly happy with the AV cable because graphics are not important to me.;)

Welcome aboard.:)

Jafo232
01-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Controls feel the same as my xbox controller.

Insane Jester
01-23-2003, 07:55 AM
There was a review of the controller on the hompage of this very site yesterday as i read it and went to my local store to buy one. But like normal us brits are behind the rest of the liveing world and we dont have them yet. I also have a 3rd party controller which is smaller than the original and is 100% better in my eyes. Everyone who has used it prefers the 3rd party controller to the original. I agree that things like memory cards and vital things are a no no but as controllers go i dont think they make much differance. i would love a new madcatz wireless controller. and i will one day own one.

Highlite23
01-23-2003, 03:09 PM
I bought the Eclipse by Pelican, I'm not a big fan of Mad Catz and the Logitec looks uncomfortable.

Anyway, the Eclipse is actually a nice fit, kinda like the S-Type. i have played from over 20 feet without a problem, you can turn off the rumble feature to conserve battey usage.

Controls are comfortable and familiar, the addition of the extra buttons above the triggers is nice, they represent the White & Black buttons, which are also in the usual spot (S-Type)

Memory slots are on the reciever, and it has 4 channels with 2 bands, which i assume is capable of using 8 controllers int he same room, havn't tested that theory.

We have played with 4 in one room without any problems.

The best part, it's the cheapest of the 3. Hope that helps.;)

Brevity
01-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Hay I did not even know about that one thanks. I have in the past not liked Pelican stuff but you say its good. I wish you could rent trollers to try them.lol Thanks again.

Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
I bought the Eclipse by Pelican, I'm not a big fan of Mad Catz and the Logitec looks uncomfortable.

Anyway, the Eclipse is actually a nice fit, kinda like the S-Type. i have played from over 20 feet without a problem, you can turn off the rumble feature to conserve battey usage.

Controls are comfortable and familiar, the addition of the extra buttons above the triggers is nice, they represent the White & Black buttons, which are also in the usual spot (S-Type)

Memory slots are on the reciever, and it has 4 channels with 2 bands, which i assume is capable of using 8 controllers int he same room, havn't tested that theory.

We have played with 4 in one room without any problems.

The best part, it's the cheapest of the 3. Hope that helps.;)

tWoTOMA
01-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by gdogg
Answers:
Its made by Logitech
It has slots
TXB has pics and stats for it but their site is down right now (12/06 8:00am central)

My friend bought it and he hated it. First of all it didn't work with the XBL headset. He also didn't like the button placement (which is more like the S than the original). Also, the triggers were kind of loose. He did say that the button shape and analog sticks were nice though.