PDA

View Full Version : Total Immersion Racing - pants!

phuturephantasy
12-06-2002, 04:21 AM
Bought this game as I Loved Le Mans 24hr on the Dreamcast and thought this would be a lot better - better graphics etc

Boy Was I Wrong - this game is Pants ! The cars are unresponsive and don't steer from the front instead they seem to pivot on a central axis and just drift across the track most unrealistically, the cars themselves and the tracks do not seem correctly proportioned - someone else mentioned this about Hockenheim in particular where the track is only slightly wider than your car in places, the sensation of speed is lacking - run it alongside Le Mans on the DC and blush at the thought of all that power under the xbox looking no better than last generations also ran console. OH DEAR !

eclipsepix
12-06-2002, 09:15 AM
hey phuturephantasy,whats up?

i'm now in my 4th championship season of tir, so i thought i'd toss out my 2 cents, as i originally agreed with you when i ran my first couple laps....
i loved 24lm too..
but in defense of tir, yeah the gp and some of the gts cars don't handle very good, but if you take the time to either a:set up the car manually to your preferences or b: turn a few laps w/the race engineer you'll find they handle alot better,.. and once you get used to the individual handling each car has,you'll find yourself turning some pretty fast laps......there's a definate need to be smooth in throttle and brake management (an aquired taste i guess) but if you forge on untill you get to drive the pro class cars you might get a pleasant surprise as far as handling goes, cause the pro cars are really responsive and the handling and speed are awesome!! (see other post...) and just like most other racing games, the cars you get in the beginning usually suck compaired to the later cars...
personally i really hated the 1st cars in gt3 and segagt2k2, ( why do i want or have to race a toyota corolla just to go on to race a ford pinto, so i can build up enough money to buy the f1 car i want?!*?#!) but i grew to really love both those games .. i guess that's what makes the good cars so worth while when you do get them...
this is all opinion thou,, and to each his own..happy racing....

signed, my 2 cents

go speed racer,..go

:):)