PDA

View Full Version : Rpg games for x-box

xbox_midget
12-06-2002, 11:50 AM
iI am considering bying an x-box buti want 2 make sure im getting my money's worth! i love Rpg games but i dont know how many or how good the x-box ones are?

So is Does X-box have or are planning 2 make ne of the Rpg games like final Fantasy, drynasty Tactics ect?

Bigwig
12-06-2002, 12:13 PM
If you like Japanese RPGs buy a PS 2. I have a lot of insider knowledge on the industry and I can tell you the Xbox is making Japanese style RPGs. I like the looks of True Fantasy too, but the main bulk of the big time RPGs for the Xbox will be American/Euro style like KOTOR, Sea Dogs 2, Fable, Biowares secreat project etc etc.

Dre
12-06-2002, 02:59 PM
This is off the top of my head, so I'll probably be missing some.

Released:
Morrowind
Baldurs Gate: DA

Upcoming Single player (that I think will be worth buying):
Star Wars: KOTOR
Fable

Upcoming MMORPG (using XBL obviously):
Star Wars Galaxies
Phantasy Star Online I & II
True Fantasy Online

Now I know there are many more, but these are the ones that will definitely be worth checking out.

Fable just by itself is one reason I love my Xbox so much. I think this game will blow away all other RPG's out of the water.

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 03:03 PM
I know there is Sudeki which is made by Climax U.K. That is a game I'm looking forward to. There is a chance Xbox could have the next Shining Force. I would love to have that though.;) I wanted to become a developer but it was too difficult. I wanted to design an RPG for Xbox only.;)

Knight
12-06-2002, 03:06 PM
And they(Lionhead) got a dev team working on Fable2(Read XBN #4)!

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Knight
And they(Lionhead) got a dev team working on Fable2(Read XBN #4)! Already?:confused:

Knight
12-06-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Already?:confused:

Yup, because they know it's going to take a long time to get it out!

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 03:29 PM

Yup, because they know it's going to take a long time to get it out! Oh yeah, but I think the wait will be worth it.:)

Dre
12-06-2002, 03:59 PM
I know there is Sudeki which is made by Climax U.K. That is a game I'm looking forward to. There is a chance Xbox could have the next Shining Force. I would love to have that though.;) I wanted to become a developer but it was too difficult. I wanted to design an RPG for Xbox only.;)

How could I forget Sudeki. That game looks like LOTS of fun!!

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Dre

How could I forget Sudeki. That game looks like LOTS of fun!! Oh yeah! Four player RPG game with a deep story. What could be more fun than that.:)

Knight
12-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah! Four player RPG game with a deep story. What could be more fun than that.:)

To bad we have to wait to late next year to play it! :( :(

Dre
12-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah! Four player RPG game with a deep story. What could be more fun than that.:)

Not much! But, just to clarify what you said.. it is a single-player game where you control a party that ranges from 2 to 4 people depending where you are in the story. Sorta like FF7.

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Not much! But, just to clarify what you said.. it is a single-player game where you control a party that ranges from 2 to 4 people depending where you are in the story. Sorta like FF7. I'm a big fan of those RPG games so Sudeki would be a great fit for me. I'll be buying it the day it comes out.;)

Knight
12-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Not much! But, just to clarify what you said.. it is a single-player game where you control a party that ranges from 2 to 4 people depending where you are in the story. Sorta like FF7.

Sudeki is Real time not turn-based!

Dre
12-06-2002, 06:44 PM

Sudeki is Real time not turn-based!

Yup, take a look at this thread.. I talk about the fighting of Sudeki in one of my posts. I dl'ed off the net, around 3-4 months ago, a 100 meg vid of early gameplay footage and it looks insane!!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=28905&goto=newpost

When I referred to FF7, I was talking about the party members not the fighting system... sorry for the confusion, if any

Cloud Strife
12-06-2002, 07:02 PM

Sudeki is Real time not turn-based! I've already heard that. I've liked several real time RPG's also. I know that I my reply seemed to be me thinking Sudeki had turn based combat. I like all types of combat.

Bigwig
12-07-2002, 12:35 AM
Dre dont forget Shenmue 2. BTW I heard Crimson Sea sucks.

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Bigwig
Dre dont forget Shenmue 2. BTW I heard Crimson Sea sucks. Where did you hear, I heard it wasn't the best but still good. Crimson Sea is more of an action adventure anyway and I can't wait to buy it.;)

EHWfedPres
12-07-2002, 11:55 AM
Isnt Star Wars Galaxies coming to the PC first? A friend of mine wants that game real bad, but he said hes getting it for the pc...

and isnt that made by the dudes that made evercrack?:confused: :(

Dre
12-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Isnt Star Wars Galaxies coming to the PC first? A friend of mine wants that game real bad, but he said hes getting it for the pc...

and isnt that made by the dudes that made evercrack?:confused: :(

I think Sony made Everquest, which would mean probably not...

And BigWig, I don't really consider Shenmue II to be an RPG. Don't get me wrong, its a fun game.... but just not an RPG.

Bigwig
12-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Where did you hear, I heard it wasn't the best but still good. Crimson Sea is more of an action adventure anyway and I can't wait to buy it.;)

I have a buddy in test who played it.

Bigwig
12-07-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Dre

And BigWig, I don't really consider Shenmue II to be an RPG. Don't get me wrong, its a fun game.... but just not an RPG.

Why is Shenmue not an RPG? There is as much or more roleplaying in Shenmue as any other story based linear RPG.

EHWfedPres
12-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Shenmue II is as much of an RPG as Final Fnatasy games are...in other words, its not.

and Sony did not make evercrack...but the company that did is making a star wars rpg for the xbox...

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig

Why is Shenmue not an RPG? There is as much or more roleplaying in Shenmue as any other story based linear RPG. Actually Shenmue is a F.R.E.E. Yu Suzuki said it was no RPG several times. I still consider it one though.;)

Bigwig
12-08-2002, 03:49 AM
whats a F.R.E.E?

to be consistant its not just FF. Some of the RPGs I like have less roleplaying then Shenmue too. The Icewindale series has some sick character creations that I love but its very story based and linear too.

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 07:05 PM
yea