PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Easter Egg Possibility

VAN
11-20-2001, 11:56 AM
We are all anxious about finding this hidden gem in our systems. I think we are getting closer. Take a look at this article (posted on another xbox site) featuring screen shots.

http://www.teamxbox.com/article.php?id=208&t=f

Now pay attention to the wording that I have bolded.

Raven on Xbox Sooner Than Later?
By Shockwave
November 20, 2001

For those of you that have been around from the beginning, the name Raven rings a bell. For those of you not familiar with Raven, she was a tech demo produced early on to show off the graphical power of the Xbox. I remember wondering what type of game Raven along with her robot sidekick would show up in. Since then however, there hasn't been much talk surrounding Raven or the robot, and many have assumed the duo was simply a tech demo and nothing more.

Recently, there has been some talk of renewing the idea of <b>Raven showing up on the Xbox</b>. Some sources of ours have been suggesting that Raven may in fact <b>appear on the Xbox a lot sooner than we think. How soon? How about this week!</b>

You heard me, some sources actually suspect that <b>Raven may make an appearance somewhere on the Xbox sometime this week.</b> While further details are sketchy at this time, we are trying to pry deeper into this rumor to see if there is any merit to it or not.

In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled. Who knows what could happen. As we hear more information regarding the possibility of Raven popping up this week or anytime soon, we will be sure to let you know. Now get back to playing your Xbox.

What do I think of this? Well how about if Microsoft actualy preloaded an entire game on each hard drive, and after preset number of regular xbox use, they Raven Easter Egg becomes unlocked. "Raven may appear on the xbox as soon as this week". Think about that line. Not appear in stores, but appear on the xbox as soon as this week. Meaning that the developers knew that a hardcore gamer would play for many hours and unlock the Egg within the first week of the launch.

I dunno, just my theory. I hate to add to the rumor mill, but man I'd love it if this happens.

Oh, and to add more to this. Think about the sudden announcemnt that they were dropping the 10 gig disc in favor of an 8 gig disc. Perhaps we did all get 10 gig discs, but only 8 gigs of useable space since they may have preloaded a game on there. Several people have dissected the innards of the xbox unit (most notably the folks at Hard|OCP and they have reported that it appears to be a 10 gig seagate unit..not 8 at all. :)

VAN
11-20-2001, 12:37 PM
Oh, and another thing......

Imagine how holiday sales would jump up if it were announced that every xbox shipped with a preloaded game. That revelation alone may very well be enough to persuade any fence-sitters to opt for the box rather than the cube.

mojo__31
11-20-2001, 12:45 PM
The drive is an 8GB, as I work for Western Digital, and we are destroking 10GB drives down to 8gb to meet their specs. Western Digtial and Seagate are both producing apx. 50% of the drives we are told.

scarecrow kfj
11-20-2001, 02:49 PM
Are you sure? Cause I have read in lots of places that it was going to be 8 but than moved it up to 10. oxm was one place and several websites. I think even in the manual was a refrence to it being 10 I will have to check when I get home.

skoot182
11-20-2001, 07:11 PM
Found updated in the article link:

**UPDATE**
We have been given confirmation that Raven WILL indeed be appearing on the Xbox this week! The rumor appears to be true and we can expect to see Raven appear on the Xbox a lot sooner then expected. However, our sources cannot disclose where, so we are still waiting to hear more on this story. We are hoping to have a more definite answer very soon.

sinizuh
11-20-2001, 07:12 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*joygasm*

but what kind of game can raven be in?

skoot182
11-20-2001, 07:47 PM
Beats me!

But i was thinking. If it is true that she will appear this week, it will probably be thanksgiving, as a way of saying thanx for buying the xbox.

We'll find out.

sinizuh
11-20-2001, 08:58 PM
or maybe 1 week after launch?

VAN
11-20-2001, 09:05 PM
If you check the link I posted up there, there are a few screen shots from the Raven demo they were showing as means to showcase the xbox capabilities. Raven looks like one bad chick. Kind of a cross between Lara Croft, Solid Snake, and Metroid. :)

GLHeX
11-20-2001, 09:13 PM
So this magicly "shows up"?

Wouldnt you then be able to set your system clock ahead and see?

VAN
11-20-2001, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by GLHeX
So this magicly "shows up"?

Wouldnt you then be able to set your system clock ahead and see?

I'm guessing there is a separate internal clock which immediately begins counting down from the moment you first power it up. Changing the date wouldn't affect it. Very possible. Thanksgiving Day seems like a logical choice for the egg to reveal itself. The clues thus far indicate that it will happen THIS week, and Microsoft people said there is a "thank you" inside each xbox. I really hope this turns out to be something and not some hoax. Grrr.

I'll be sure to switch my xbox on tomorrow night at midnight and see if anything happens. :) :: prays ::

GLHeX
11-20-2001, 10:09 PM
Hey this may sound odd. But when i first opend my Xbox, i hooked it up at my brothers house, played it for like two days and brought it back down to my place. And when i hooked it up here i had to enter my time and date again.... what up with that?

It hasnt happend since then but IF this whole easter egg thing is true would that push the whole "event" back? And anyone else had this happen?

Chaotic
11-20-2001, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by GLHeX
Hey this may sound odd. But when i first opend my Xbox, i hooked it up at my brothers house, played it for like two days and brought it back down to my place. And when i hooked it up here i had to enter my time and date again.... what up with that?

It hasnt happend since then but IF this whole easter egg thing is true would that push the whole "event" back? And anyone else had this happen?

Yep i have had this happen.

sinizuh
11-21-2001, 01:00 AM
you unplugged the xbox... so you have to reset the time and date.

VAN
11-21-2001, 07:46 AM
Nevermind. The easter egg has been published, and the rumor about Raven making an appearance this week is true, but shes not in her own game.

Look here for the scoop:

<a href="http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2932">xbox easter egg revealed--finally!</a>