PDA

View Full Version : Who's In Charge Of Ads for Xbox?!?!

HaloMasterVI
12-07-2002, 05:11 PM
I must say, the advertisement scheme for Xbox is one of the most flawed POSs I've ever seen ! I guess if I were Bill Gates, I would do things MY way and all, (afterall he's very successful on all other fronts) and not listen to critics, but video games, as an industry is an entirely different beast!

There's not been ads YET advertising what Xbox has that the competition DOESNT;

BUilt in HDD(mention you dont need memory cards!)
CD Ripping for game soundtracks

I mean, would there really be harm in showing what the competition doesn't have? What's stopping him?!

Show more Splinter Cell commercials! Quit being so weak when it comes to taking over companies, take over everyone! Take over Rockstar and make money off of the PS2 game sales, or stop production!

See, PS2 is like AOL, in that, it's not necessarily better than the competition, but it's seemingly a better choice because that's all that's put in front of the faces of the masses who ARENT informed about the truth, MS needs to inform the ignorant!

If MS has already spent all 500$ million it had budgeted for Xbox, or even HALF for that matter, then that money would have been better spent loading up the pipe for Marion Berry!

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 05:42 PM
What channel have you been watching? I've been seeing Xbox commercials all the time. Today I just saw a Splinter Cell commercial. I will admit that I see more Metroid Prime and Fusion commercials more the Xbox commercials. Microsoft is just sponsoring events and allowing QVC selling the system as an advertisement.

MerimacHamwich
12-07-2002, 05:51 PM
I see 10+ xbox commercials a day.

Snoopy7548
12-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
Take over Rockstar and make money off of the PS2 game sales, or stop production!

yea, microsoft can take over rockstar, since rockstar has a 4 year contract with sony. dumbass. and in the business world, you cant just "take over" a company.

EHWfedPres
12-07-2002, 07:08 PM
I only watch Extended play almost every day and GI Joe mon-thurs and I see Xbox commercials lot in that one hour of commercialized television time...i watch about 6 hours of movies every day, and more at night, but that dosent count cause ActionMax and HBO Comedy dont have commercials.

Premium Xbox
12-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Over the past two week's I have seen more and more Xbox ads. MTV, The New TNN, Fox, TechTV, NBC, UPN. Plus really late night on NBC and CBS.