PDA

View Full Version : XBOX mag

ShadowManTQ
12-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Ok I am fed up with buying the XBOX mag at my local EB store they are always so far behind. They just got the Dec. Issue(disk 13) in today. Was wandering what issue you guys that subscibe to it are on? also how long does it take to get the first issue?

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ShadowManTQ
Ok I am fed up with buying the XBOX mag at my local EB store they are always so far behind. They just got the Dec. Issue(disk 13) in today. Was wandering what issue you guys that subscibe to it are on? also how long does it take to get the first issue? For my issues, half the time I get it before and half the time I get it after. The only problem with getting it in the mail is that the disc won't work very.

Davidjazzman12
12-07-2002, 08:45 PM
uh thats not true i ahve been subscribing for a while now and i always got my issues ahead and never any problems with the discs.

suprisingly, it doesnt take that long for the first issue to come in. only a few weeks wait (no where near 6-8 weeks) and plus u save a lot of money

and plus, when u got ur xbox didnt it come with a flyer thing that said u got 1 free trial issue of xbox mag? thats what i used and i loved it so i subscribed

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Davidjazzman12
uh thats not true i ahve been subscribing for a while now and i always got my issues ahead and never any problems with the discs.

suprisingly, it doesnt take that long for the first issue to come in. only a few weeks wait (no where near 6-8 weeks) and plus u save a lot of money

and plus, when u got ur xbox didnt it come with a flyer thing that said u got 1 free trial issue of xbox mag? thats what i used and i loved it so i subscribed How long have you been gettting the magazine? Half of my issues were available at stores before my house. And about my disc not working, let me just say I had to boil my last five disc in hot water to work.:(

Davidjazzman12
12-07-2002, 09:05 PM
o btw subscribers are on january issue

ranger have u considered that something is wrong with ur xbox? cuz all my demos work perfectly

Cloud Strife
12-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Davidjazzman12
o btw subscribers are on january issue

ranger have u considered that something is wrong with ur xbox? cuz all my demos work perfectly My Xbox was manufactured on 10/31/01. My system works fine enough for me, it's just picky on reading disc. I probably will purchase a new Xbox next year though.

Gameman732
12-08-2002, 10:38 AM
I've been a subscriber since issue #1. I usually get mine around the 28th of each month. The demo disc sometimes (4 out of 13)
don't work. I never send them back, it's not worth the hassle:mad:

Davidjazzman12
12-08-2002, 10:40 AM
wel maybe now they have straightened up and fly right and they got em all to work

but ya its much better to subscribe than to buy newstand

Gameman732
12-08-2002, 10:48 AM
...There are still too many subscribers having problems with their
demo discs,magazines being delayed (or not delivered at all) for
me to think OXM/Futurenetworks has gotten their act together.
I have a feeling OXM is gonna meet the same fate as ODCM :eek:

EHWfedPres
12-08-2002, 12:51 PM
i didnt get my issue 14 yet... :(

CrazyCougar
12-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I usualy get my issue by the second of the month. I have never had a problem with my demo disk. But obviously there is a problem as many people do not get their mags on time and their disks dont work.

EHWfedPres
12-08-2002, 01:03 PM
sometimes my demo discs give me a dirty disc error, i just turn the xbox off and back on again and it usually works.

Davidjazzman12
12-08-2002, 01:33 PM
has anyone had any problems with their demos in the last 4 issues?

Cloud Strife
12-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
sometimes my demo discs give me a dirty disc error, i just turn the xbox off and back on again and it usually works. How many times was the most you had to do it. The OXM with Splinter Cell , PD Orta, etc., I had to try 13 times to get it to work.:mad:

oddworld20-3000
12-08-2002, 04:30 PM
If any one got number 14 what game did they review. It takes about 5 times to get the disk clean.

CrazyCougar
12-08-2002, 06:34 PM
I usually get the demo disk to work after one try if it doesnt work. But I very seldom get the dirty disc error. The newest disc has given me no problems at all.