PDA

View Full Version : CNN features Steel Battalion

Reclaimer
12-07-2002, 08:44 PM
I was watching CNN earlier and they had a huge segment called Hunting the Big Game and it was entirely about Steel Battalion. It was with the editor of EGM and 2 CNN anchors. They started off the bit by holding up a GameCube controller saying something like how this was an average controller. Then they introduce the SB setup and they showed in game footage and someone using the rig to play. It was really cool. In fact it cemented my want for this game. The EGM guy, was giving rave reviews for the game and what not. I thought it was pretty cool. I watch CNN everyday, because I like to be informed and I can see if any new developments in the war on terror will effect me here at work before I get there, but I was totally surprised to see something like this on CNN. I guess the game culture is starting to really seep into mainstream. That and how radical Steel Bat is to the gaming industry. For what it's worth, the footage of the game, was completely and utterly stunning. The detail of the graphics and the complexity of driving a Mech and controlling the various functions. The news achors where laughing at the fact that the game had a windshield wiper button. It's just to show how much control you have.

Right on!

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 09:16 PM
Well, that's the first time I've heard CNN say something positve about Xbox.;)

Premium Xbox
12-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Well, that's the first time I've heard CNN say something positve about Xbox.;)

Me too.......:confused:

Cloud Strife
12-07-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Premium Xbox

Me too.......:confused: Most of the time Shoe keeps talking about how great the Gamecube is and why it has the best games.

# 1 Stunner
12-07-2002, 10:34 PM
i like cnn i think its a good show to watch if ur bored...:D

Mega Gamer
12-07-2002, 11:16 PM
I heard stuff about ghost recon on CNN once.

HaloMasterVI
12-08-2002, 12:41 AM
NT

No Fear 23
12-08-2002, 09:05 AM
i've been seeing alot of ghost recon commercials lately!

Cloud Strife
12-08-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by irule23
i've been seeing alot of ghost recon commercials lately! There have been Ghost Reacon commercials? I guess I'll have to look for them today.;)

Kortiz
12-08-2002, 01:51 PM
i watch Foxnews......Ted Turner is an effing C()CK HEAD!!!!

AND WE ALL KNOW LAURIE DHEU IS HOT!!!!!!

Knight
12-09-2002, 12:25 PM
The Clinton News Network is lame!

Cloud Strife
12-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Knight
The Clinton News Network is lame! I thought it was cable news network because that's what I learned in TV porduction. I was the school sports anchor at that time.;) I prefer MSNBC anyway.