PDA

View Full Version : Question on Capcom Vs Snk2eo

kazual
12-09-2002, 08:43 AM
Why is everyone so hyped about this game?

I can see the one side of things, that all the characters you've loved over the past number of years will be in it.. but as far as gameplay being good.. will it be?

I mean, I was looking at some screens and it looks pretty bad.. how could you rather play a 2d fighter like that over a game like Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur 2 (When it comes out)

Someone fill me in!

Kaz

samslophead
12-09-2002, 11:31 AM
1) nostalgia: why do you listen to old music if new music comes out every day

2) it's good:

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 12:19 AM
its definatly a must have for every fighting gamer out there

Liquid Gears
12-31-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by kazual
Why is everyone so hyped about this game?

I can see the one side of things, that all the characters you've loved over the past number of years will be in it.. but as far as gameplay being good.. will it be?

I mean, I was looking at some screens and it looks pretty bad.. how could you rather play a 2d fighter like that over a game like Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur 2 (When it comes out)

Someone fill me in!

Kaz

Buddy, try going to the arcade once in a while :rolleyes:

GreenFireX
12-31-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
its definatly a must have for every fighting gamer out there

I would rather have Soul Calibur 2

GokuX
01-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Cuz you can play it on XBL against others who are as good at the game as you are.

The Jackal
01-17-2003, 01:49 AM
its a look like Street Fighter 3rd Strike... more traditional 2D fighting game but with better graphics and gameplay of course.. large selection of characters AND Xbox's fighting games suck personally... so this will change that a great deal.... big step for them

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 07:23 AM
For one, 2-D fighters is not about graphics, it's the original style gameplay. Plus, you can't do crazy combos in many 3-D fighters. I also prefer 2-D over 3-D videogames.

GokuX
01-19-2003, 10:50 PM
EGM Feb. issue gave it the silver award. They loved the online play when it wasn't laggy.

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
EGM Feb. issue gave it the silver award. They loved the online play when it wasn't laggy. I'm suprised EGM didn't rate the game down because it was on Xbox and came out a year later than PS2. I just woder who Gamestop will review it.

I'm debating whether to get Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O. or Guilty Gear X2.

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I'm suprised EGM didn't rate the game down because it was on Xbox and came out a year later than PS2. I just woder who Gamestop will review it.

I'm debating whether to get Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O. or Guilty Gear X2.

ah just buy them both

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
ah just buy them both I would, but I have a list of 40 videogames to buy.:eek: Guilty Gear X2 ranks 9th while Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O. ranks 12th. So it may take me a while. Gilty Gear X was my favorite 2-D fighter ever and I can kick anyones butt at that game. I just played it a few minutes ago and I was awesome.:cool:

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 04:51 PM
I would, but I have a list of 40 videogames to buy.:eek: Guilty Gear X2 ranks 9th while Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O. ranks 12th. So it may take me a while. Gilty Gear X was my favorite 2-D fighter ever and I can kick anyones butt at that game. I just played it a few minutes ago and I was awesome.:cool:

whats your number one game?... ive never played Guilty Gear X... ill give it a try

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 05:02 PM
whats your number one game?... ive never played Guilty Gear X... ill give it a try Number 1 may surprise you. Zone of the Enders 2 for Playstation 2. The last Zone of the Enders was my favorite Playstation 2 game. It had a very good storyline and I love the gameplay of the game. Made by the same people who made MGS2. I just can't wait for Konami to possibly announce an Xbox version. Second is an Xbox game.

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 07:14 PM
never heard of that game

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 07:21 PM
never heard of that game Liquid Gears knows what the game was about.

You would control a fast paced mech, like the ones in Virtual On, and you would control him around in an action game. The game had some RPG elements like a world map and a level up system.

Speaking of Virtual On, I own that game also and like it. Except, I don't own the first one anymore. The second version, known as Virtual On Oratorio Tangram was much better to me so that's the one I own.:)

The Jackal
01-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Liquid Gears knows what the game was about.

You would control a fast paced mech, like the ones in Virtual On, and you would control him around in an action game. The game had some RPG elements like a world map and a level up system.

Speaking of Virtual On, I own that game also and like it. Except, I don't own the first one anymore. The second version, known as Virtual On Oratorio Tangram was much better to me so that's the one I own.:)

do you actually own the arcade machine???... cause if you do im gonna have to kick your A$$!!!! and steal it from you.. i love that game, it was like my favorite for the longest time until they took it away in the arcade

Cloud Strife
01-20-2003, 08:55 PM
do you actually own the arcade machine???... cause if you do im gonna have to kick your A$$!!!! and steal it from you.. i love that game, it was like my favorite for the longest time until they took it away in the arcade Sorry, I don't have the arcade machine. I did have the Dreamcast version of it and liked it. Bought the Saturn version alos but it wasn't as good so I switched it for Last Bronx. Maybe I will buy the arcade machine for Virtual On.:)

The Jackal
01-21-2003, 02:32 AM
Sorry, I don't have the arcade machine. I did have the Dreamcast version of it and liked it. Bought the Saturn version alos but it wasn't as good so I switched it for Last Bronx. Maybe I will buy the arcade machine for Virtual On.:)

ooo not fair... i loved that game... sittin in that chari and usin the tow joysticks to control it... that was awesome, man i miss it... by far my overall favorite game