PDA

View Full Version : NFL2k3 TIPS

JJaX
12-09-2002, 08:53 AM
I dont have the manual for NFL2k3 because i rented it.

Push the right analog in a direction than press the recivers letter calls the hot route right?

When im calling a hot route what does each direction represent?

And in the play book i hold the black button down and press a X B or A to set that as an audible?

Ok pressing Y after a play will put them in a hurry up offense. How do i spike the ball right away?

I think thats all i need to double check on.

SkoalMint
12-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I dont have the manual for NFL2k3 because i rented it.

Push the right analog in a direction than press the recivers letter calls the hot route right?

When im calling a hot route what does each direction represent?

And in the play book i hold the black button down and press a X B or A to set that as an audible?

Ok pressing Y after a play will put them in a hurry up offense. How do i spike the ball right away?

I think thats all i need to double check on.

The manual that comes with the game sucks anyway. You might want to download and print the updated manual at http://www.sega.com/help/manuals/NFL2K3_XBOX.pdf. Should answer all of your questions and then some.

These all came from the online manual:

Offensive Hot Routes:
Pre-Snap:
1. Choose a pass play, and wait until QB is under the Center.
2. Nudge the Right Thumbstick in any of 8 directions:
• Up is a Fly Route
• Down is a Screen Route
• Left/Right are In or Out Route*
• Up + Left/Right is either a Post or Corner Route*
• Down + Left/Right is either a Fade or Slant route*
• You can also click the Right Thumbstick to have a player stay back and block
3. Now press the button of the receiver to which you want to assign the chosen route.
4. After selecting a receiver, you should hear the QB bark out an audible.
5. The chosen receiver will now run the modified route (or stay back and block).
* Depends on what side of the field the receiver is on.

On-The-Fly Audible System:
1. Your team can be on either Offense or Defense.
2. At the play-calling screen, press and hold the BLACK Button.
3a. Highlight Play #1 and press the A Button.
3b. Highlight Play #2 and press the X Button.
3c. Highlight Play #3 and press the B Button.
4. Now release the BLACK Button, find the play you want to run, and press the A Button to select it.
5. At the Line of Scrimmage, press the Y Button.
6. You’ll see that Play #1, #2, and #3 are listed in the offensive audible overlay.

Spiking the Ball

After the play, press the Y Button to induce the no-huddle offense and quickly run the previous play over again. Press the X Button to quickly spike the ball, which stops the game clock and can be used in lieu of a timeout.

JJaX
12-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Sweet thanks :)

Ninja Scroll
12-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Sweet thanks :)

Stop being a cheapstake and go buy da game at Circuit City for $19.95!!!

Shoot, I know da rest of us would had loved to play 30 beans less than we did back in August when it shipped.:(

Get it while you can, it's only on sale for dis price just dis week jerky!:)

RudedogX
12-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Well...umm...I got it back in August for 30.

Just bought fever at Toys R Us and returned it to EB for 2k3.:D

Robflare
12-11-2002, 01:36 PM
You know I bought this game the day it came out and haven't regretted it. I just can't believe it didn't catch on this year. Sega's add campaign really didn't do it justice. They really should have stressed that this is the most realistic game on the market and highlighted the fact that it's ESPN.

I could have bought Madden and Fever as well, but I just don't like Madden's lack of control factor and I am not sold on Fever yet. It's just not polished enough.

The only negative with 2k3 is the washed out colors on the field and players uniforms, but that does not justify the lack of sales, so I think it gets back to a lack of proper awareness. I mean why not show a Madden replay next to a 2k3 replay side by side on an advertisement and say--YOU DECIDE!!!

I'm done venting.

raider_mike
12-22-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

The manual that comes with the game sucks anyway. You might want to download and print the updated manual at http://www.sega.com/help/manuals/NFL2K3_XBOX.pdf. Should answer all of your questions and then some.

very cool, do you know where I can find the same type of manual but for Madden2003?
thanks

nicklovesxbox
12-27-2002, 09:14 PM
I got it for Christmas as a gift...I like it.

SkoalMint
12-30-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by raider_mike

very cool, do you know where I can find the same type of manual but for Madden2003?
thanks

No idea man, sorry. You might try looking at EA's website and see what they have there.