PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live for Xbox 2?

Leo
12-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Do you think there will be Xbox Live 2 for Xbox 2?
Or we could use the original Xbox Live for Xbox 2 ?

shnike123
12-09-2002, 12:41 PM
isnt that a little far off like 3 years off?

RudedogX
12-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by shnike123
isnt that a little far off like 3 years off?
Took the words out of my mouth, though it might be only 2 years off now.

xboxmaster2002
12-09-2002, 12:46 PM
the first xbox live setup will work with the xbox 2 live support

Cloud Strife
12-09-2002, 01:22 PM
I would love to have Xbox live with the second Xbox but I don't want it to be called Xbox Live 2. That name sounds awful. I hope the system is not called Xbox 2. I hate that Soy did that.:(

Dre
12-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Leo
1.Do you think there will be Xbox Live 2 for Xbox 2?
2. Or we could use the original Xbox Live for Xbox 2 ?

1. Most definitely.
2. Probably.

With Sony taking the initiative with the PS2 to make it backwards compatible, I think Xbox will have to follow and make Xbox2 backwards compatible as well. Hopefully, this entails that 1 Xbox Live account suffices for both machines. Its a way of keeping all the Xbox customers loyal to MS for the Xbox2. It would be a hassle to have 2 accounts and MS knows that.

maneatingcow
12-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Fact:
Xbox Live Will Be On The "XBox 2." You WILL Be able to use your old account.

Rumor:
Xbox Live Will Still Be Called XBox Live, Because XBox Live 2 Sounds Icky.

Waffle. :)

xboxmaster2002
12-09-2002, 03:09 PM
they could call it xbox live squared

No Fear 23
12-09-2002, 03:34 PM
tru, xbox live 2 sounds stooopid

but, whats wrong with callin the new xbox, xbox 2?plus i beleive that there will prolly be some upgrade for xboxlive like a better search tool to search freinds or something and maybe another cool headphone.

mtbaird5687
12-09-2002, 04:04 PM
it should be Live Squared, o ya

DZNUTZ
12-09-2002, 04:27 PM
yes to both your questions

and dre...i know u stick up for this kid.

but damn leo...your not always just trying to inform people
u do things like make that stupid
2lined MS poem in the OT lounge.
it sucked and didn't make sense.

Cloud Strife
12-09-2002, 05:33 PM
I would like the name X squared. For the third system call it X cubed.

I still remember walking into my Babbages and some guy asked the employee when the Xcube is coming out.:confused:

LynxFX
12-09-2002, 05:57 PM
Why would they rename Live? It will still be the same service.

Dre
12-09-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
and dre...i know u stick up for this kid.

but damn leo...your not always just trying to inform people
u do things like make that stupid
2lined MS poem in the OT lounge.
it sucked and didn't make sense.

LOL, yo.. don't worry bro..

I might stick up for the kid, but that don't mean I'm unaware that he says some of the most stupidest shìt at times :)

Lynxfx: I'm hoping it'll be more like an Xbox Live 1.1 type thing. Added features, better Friends options, etc... Hopefully some improvements to the service will be made, cuz nothing is ever perfect.

LynxFX
12-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Oh I agree Dre. They better be constantly improving it because there are plenty of problems right now. I just don't think it is needed to rename it since the fixes should be for everyone on the current 'version' or the original Xbox.

By calling it something else like Live 2 or whatever implies that you can have both Live and Live 2 when I think you shouldn't. One service, all console generations, all improvements. :D

sandeep
12-09-2002, 06:30 PM
an updated xbox live software could very well be made available to xbox users in this generation, of course that's just what i think. the very same way that being online allows you to download and integrate updated dashboards or game data, i think a newer version of the current software could be easily implemented.

i'm not too sure about the next generation of the xbox, but like it was said above, that's a while away still. a lot can happen from now until then which would change what the final product will be.

honestly, i'm still having a great time with my xbox and don't really mind if there arent any updates or new generations of consoles just yet. but hey, thats just me.