PDA

View Full Version : Splinter cell, metroid prime, vice city: are they really all they're cracked up to be

TheCovenant
12-09-2002, 09:19 PM
These are the number one contenders too go at it for game of the year.

I made similar threads and got much feedback, and would like to know what the gamers think should win game of the year. But not only would i like to know which games should would win, i would also like to know which one would come in second and which one would come in third.

All three games have flaws. And all three games dont seem very EPIC and lasting forever kinda thing, but hey, this is the best this year, and by george, i wanna know which is best.

Dr_J
12-09-2002, 09:33 PM
You forgot to list:

Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell

Cloud Strife
12-09-2002, 09:35 PM
I have to say Metroid Prime is the best, Spinter Cell is second and Vice City is third. Actually I have to say Vice City is one of the worst games I've ever played.

VenoM
12-09-2002, 09:35 PM
metroid prime will win game of the year followed by splinter cell being second then crappy vice city just cause it sold alot of copies and was over hyped :rolleyes:

TheCovenant
12-09-2002, 09:36 PM
ummm, if you like splinter cell so much, why did you vote for metroid prime splinter cell vice city?

and if that wasnt you, dre, why didnt you vote at least for one of them?

C'mon i need feedback!

TheCovenant
12-09-2002, 09:37 PM
WHOA!

how come no one voted?

TheCovenant
12-09-2002, 09:46 PM
personally i think that metroid prime, will win first, followed by splinter cell and finally vice city. i could be wrong however. egm didnt like splinter cell because you couldnt skip cutscenes.

I think the above order will most likely be the one for IGN.COM.

yea, i also think that IGN is the best rating place out there.

Kortiz
12-09-2002, 11:29 PM
sorry to say it, but Metroid Prime is going to win game of the year......i am no fan of GC....but that game seems to be pretty damn good....even compared to SC.....

xboxmaster2002
12-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Splinter cell, metroid, vice city (way too hyped sucks ass)

twilla
12-10-2002, 12:34 AM
How Could EGM give Metal Gear Solid Substance a better score
than Splinter Cell? They claim they didn't like the story of SC and
not being able to skip cut scenes but EVERY knows MGss story
is bad and the game aint nothing but a cut scene!

I believe no matter how Metroid came out it would receive GOTY!

Metroid does not look better than Splinter Cell by the way, these
crazy men at EGM claim it has the best graphics ever!

Variation-XBA
12-10-2002, 03:17 AM
I got bored of Vice City quite Quickly...and found myself playing prime in just spare time...

DZNUTZ
12-10-2002, 11:54 AM
hmmm couldn't tell ya.
i own all 3 and have played them collectively for only a few hours.

DAMN XBOXLIVE!:mad:

TheCovenant
12-10-2002, 05:54 PM
im glad every one posted so honestly.......

Im also weirded out that no so many people think splinter cell would get game of the year, but i think metroid has this one. Hmmmmm, maybe if fable comes out early enough, metroid prime will compeete with that! then fable would have it in the bag.

Thats if fable comes out before the ign awards

....Does anyone know when the EGM awards are?

l Maximus l
12-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Personally, I think Vice City is strongly overrated. I think the game sucks...especially after how bored I got with GTAIII. Vice City is just a continuation of that boredom. Seriously...

Metroid Prime, on the other hand, is definately a sweet game. Splinter Cell, also, very bad ass, of course. SC definately takes gaming to a whole new level, I think...a step up for gaming, in other words.

TheCovenant
12-10-2002, 11:33 PM
agreed.

Master Chief 33
12-18-2002, 08:30 PM
I say Splinter Cell takes it, Its a rediculous game that blows Metroid and Vice City outta the way, Vice City does suck and GTA3 wasnt all that great. Metroid is good but Splinter Cell will take it

Spacewolf
12-18-2002, 11:47 PM
Well I went Splinter Cell and the Metroid Prime. I do not own Vice City, sorry I know I should not judge a game on it but the graphics just suck ( I will repeat I know your not suppose to judge on looks.) But considering how good the other two look they could have done a little better with it.

bada-bing
12-29-2002, 10:24 PM
wtf metroid prime thats a ****ing gamecube game. gc sux. its for kidies. half theg maes are like freaking mario and animal crossing. all it has is resident evil and metroid. metroid cant be anything compared to SC or even Halo!!!!

Freakman
12-31-2002, 02:17 AM
Splinter Cell is easly the best I played Metroed Prime and I was dissapointed Halo is way better FPS

Vice City shouldn't even be on the list:mad:

KnightX
01-03-2003, 05:37 AM
Splinter Cell was disappointing to me. After seeing it rated so high (and topping Halo), I really expected a lot more. There are so many little annoying bugs and gameplay flaws that I found myself frustrated and getting ticked off at the game a lot. The game was great to play through, but I think after you've beaten it and played the LIVE content, it's gonna gather dust on your shelf.

I hate how Sam Fisher can't fight hand-to-hand for crap. It's like for being an agent he failed that area. I think Ubisoft had great ideas and went above and beyond in some areas, in others they're seriously lacking. It's a good game, but it doesn't deserve the top spot.