PDA

View Full Version : PSO: Will you use...

xboxmaster2002
12-10-2002, 12:29 AM
When phantasy star online comes out (which it better soon) it was announced that they will include a USB adapter for your PC keyboard and will have voice support, so will you use the keyboard or voice?

and if anyone knows any info in a US release date let me know imsick of waiting i should just go buy the gamecube version.

carlbme
12-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Tell me why you would even want to use a keyboard when you have voice?

Granted in the DC version the keyboard was implemented superbly. However, why have to set down a controller to type when all you have to do is talk. I fail to see the logic in it.

xboxmaster2002
12-10-2002, 01:02 AM
i dunno i was playing the PC online demo and was thinking the Keyboard was a great part of the game and voice would be weird

EHWfedPres
12-10-2002, 12:50 PM
neither cause im not getting that game...but using a keyboard while playing a videogame is stupid, especially if you are fighting something and have to say something quickly, like this...

osomeoby hlp mee1!!1

studepaber
12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
neither cause im not getting that game...but using a keyboard while playing a videogame is stupid, especially if you are fighting something and have to say something quickly, like this...

osomeoby hlp mee1!!1

That's what key bindings are for though, which may or may not be included...anyways I'd use the communicator for sure and I really cannot wait much longer for the xbox version to come out. I'm VERY tempted to get the GC version instead, but since it should be an overall better experience on the xbox I will hold out for that version. I thought I heard that the game was already done though, anyone know what the deal is?

xboxmaster2002
12-10-2002, 07:53 PM
the deal is microsoft had in in their posession 100% complete and they wont announce a release date or release it yet it ****ing sucks.

Lyle
12-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Of course I will use voice chat. Is there really any good reason not to?

studepaber
12-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Then hopefully they'll surprise us with something or make the game unique from the Gamecube version, otherwise they're just pi$$ing me off!!!!! :mad:

Highlite23
12-13-2002, 10:29 AM
Well, don't bother with the GC version because Nintendo not only discontinued the game but also discontinued the on-line adapters. So unless you already purchased one it may be tough to find, ebay maybe.

Nintendo is definetly not interested in on-line gaming, too bad.

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 06:05 PM
voice, although i dont know what im gonna do about those bound keys............maybe theres will be a button that automatically makes a happy face or something pop up!

scull
12-28-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
Tell me why you would even want to use a keyboard when you have voice? I fail to see the logic in it.

some of us have our PC's/Xbox's setup in the living room, so having to shout down the mic summit like "ok lets kill the skeleton minion, we will get ubber xp" or "cover me" wont go down to well when the mrs/kidz family etc.. is watchin tv :)

DeaDfeTuS666
12-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Voice chat is gonna be Swank in PSo !!!

TheCovenant
12-30-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by DeaDfeTuS666
Voice chat is gonna be Swank in PSo !!!

swank? you just made that up, didn't you?