PDA

View Full Version : XBOX doesn't play CD-R's ???????

Vteck3000
11-20-2001, 11:41 PM
Hi everybody. Well finally we all received our XBOX's. I hope everybody is happy......... i know i am:) I was just wondering if any of you haved tried to copy music to your hard-drive using cd-r's you made with your computer. I know i tried too but it doesn't want to accept the disk. Is this a problem with my XBOX or doesn't happen to other people? If this accurs for other people then we cannot play VCD's on our XBOX's if you own a DVD playback kit. Too bad. Thanks for your time.

sinizuh
11-21-2001, 01:02 AM
some people have got cdrs to work... but most people use cdrws.

i haven't tried yet.

i heard that the working cdrs are TDK.

Chaotic
11-21-2001, 01:13 AM
Right micrsoft doesnt want any problems with copyright laws etc...

there are some things you have to do in order to get all cdr's and cdrw's to work correctly.

Frostberg
11-22-2001, 10:21 PM
i only tried to copy one song from a cdr, and it worked fine for me.

dronezero
11-22-2001, 11:00 PM
I heard it depends on how you have recorded the music on to the cd. If you left a few second space between each song it is supposed to work. Or so I have heard.

Chaotic
11-22-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by dronezero
I heard it depends on how you have recorded the music on to the cd. If you left a few second space between each song it is supposed to work. Or so I have heard.

Right, there is a special way you have to do it, you need to use specfic cdrw's not cdr's and use certain software.

dronezero
11-22-2001, 11:21 PM
No, I heard that it didn't matter if you used cd-r or cd-rws as long as you recorded it with the space.

Chaotic
11-22-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by dronezero
No, I heard that it didn't matter if you used cd-r or cd-rws as long as you recorded it with the space.

Well, not sure on that. But i have tried that and it hasnt worked for me, i have found a way that it works evertime so im sticking to that.

shoulda2
11-23-2001, 06:14 AM
and what way have you found that works i tried it with nero and put a 2 second pause between the tracks and it did not work with cdr's.

Frostberg
11-23-2001, 09:00 AM
Ok mine worked perfectly the first time. I just used cheap CD-Rs and got the song from KaZaa and used "MP3 to CD converter" and then used WIN XPs write to CD thing and had no problems. Maybe because I did only one song? I dont know what else it could be.

Gene Starwind
11-23-2001, 10:43 AM
i only have a half second pause between my songs and it works fine, ive only had a couple of problems with metallica cd-r's