PDA

View Full Version : Sytem-Link Question

samslophead
12-10-2002, 10:41 AM
If I want to hook 3 or 4 Xboxes together, can I do this with just system link cords? Do I to buy something separate....like a central hub to hook the system link cords into?

XBOX MSSC
12-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by samslophead
If I want to hook 3 or 4 Xboxes together, can I do this with just system link cords? Do I to buy something separate....like a central hub to hook the system link cords into?

yes, you'll need to buy a hub.

Cloud Strife
12-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Moto GP can hook up to 16 TV's.;)

samslophead
12-10-2002, 01:16 PM
well that sucks.....where can i find a hub? I have seen them in EB catalogs but not online or in the stores.

Huckleberry
12-10-2002, 01:19 PM
best buy, circuit city, radio shack...and any other store that sells computers

samslophead
12-10-2002, 01:53 PM
thanks......so i guess they are not configured to PC or Xbox......they are just generic models that work for all huh?

l Maximus l
12-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by samslophead
thanks......so i guess they are not configured to PC or Xbox......they are just generic models that work for all huh?

Yes...and, make sure that you use Category 5 'patch' cables when using a HUB to system link your XBoxes. Crossovers won't work unless you are system linking two XBoxes without a HUB. So, if you don't have patch cables, you'll need some of those, too. :)

samslophead
12-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Crossover cables = are those the regular Xbox system link cables? If they are, how come they do not work? If they are not, avoid that last question.

And another thing.....I was playing on Wizard with 8 people in a rocket match. There were a lot of explosions and respawning, and the game seemed to lag. Is this possible? Was it just my imagination. I know that the 8+ player matches can only be played in the larger levels, but if my game was lagging like that with 8 people, 12 must be really slow.