PDA

View Full Version : MGS Substance or SC?

Supperdog
12-10-2002, 02:12 PM
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
S p l i n t e r C e l l

Innovative equipment (camera, explosive lockpicks, etc.)

Shocking graphics, quite possibly the best on the market

Gameplay with tons of replay value due to the multiple ways to finish each mission

Compelling plot

Mostly true-to-life tactics and equipment, thanks to the guidance of Tom Clancy

Great AI (95% of the time)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

M e t a l G e a r S o l i d 2 : S u b s t a n c e

TONS! OF! MISSIONS! Lots of stuff there to sink your teeth into

Great storyline, however unrealistic it is

Compelling cinematics that tower above SC's

Oodles of interactivity

Highly customizable (cast different characters, etc.)

Well, there's no doubt that these are both fantastic games, but given the facts, which one do you prefer? Please no stupid "omg SC sux0rs LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL" responses, only intelligent thought out ones please.

In a response, please say which you voted for and give a reason.

This should be interesting...

OuFtb
12-10-2002, 02:33 PM
Metal Gear 2 Substance, I like it over Splinter Cell because of the TONS! OF! MISSIONS! It has like 500 extra VR missions on this one, Plus the actual story, that would take a long time to beat and thats what I like.

studepaber
12-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Splinter Cell- more realistic and the graphics are jaw-dropping, may not have as much replay value but there's downloadable content onthe way...

destroydemons
12-10-2002, 02:51 PM
i thought metal gear solid 2 would be better than it is........splinter cell passed all expectations of most people, i have to go with that

FuNkY mOnK
12-11-2002, 08:35 AM
I love them both but mgs2s is the best of the two, but like someone said theres downloadable content.

RacerX0321
12-21-2002, 03:22 PM
SPLINTER CELL!!

y2kash_14
12-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Although they are both considered Stealth Games, they are both quite different.

In Splinter Cell, lighting is the key part of your stealth.

Whereas in MGS the lighting doesn't matter as much as your enviroment, and how you interact with all the objects. There is more variety in MGS.

OuFtb
12-25-2002, 04:59 PM
I just got Splinter Cell and its great still like MGS2 but hopfully I can trade one of my games for so I will have both.

Highlite23
12-26-2002, 09:34 AM
Yes SC has alot going for it, and MGS2S has it perks also...but they are 2 very different games.

THATS WHY I HAVE BOTH.;)

Liquid Gears
12-29-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
Yes SC has alot going for it, and MGS2S has it perks also...but they are 2 very different games.

THATS WHY I HAVE BOTH.;)

I couldn't have said it better myself ;)

xboxman_1
12-29-2002, 01:39 PM
I say Splinter Cell...but I'm biased against mullets (White Trash) and I love almost every Tom Clancy game ever made...save Sum of All Fears....

bada-bing
01-03-2003, 11:26 AM
r u crazy.... i wouldnt even compare MGS2 to SC!!! SC is a whole new ball game.

Cloud Strife
01-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Definately Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance. Much better game and story. Raiden and Solid Snake are great characters.

EHWfedPres
01-03-2003, 04:53 PM
I played MSG2:S and its pretty cool. All those movies and the calls and stuff is extremely annoying, but there is a ton of stuff to do, although most of that stuff is extremely hard (IE: Vr Missions)

I played the Splinter Cell demo and i love it. You can control the camera which is always a plus...one thing I have a problem with in MGS2:S is the stationary camera...also, Splinter Cell's controls are much much much easier to use and adapt to.

I only got MGS2:S cause it was 20 bucks at eb, but im getting SC at Best Buy very soon for 38 bucks, so therefore, i'll have both.

KirbyDeedlit
01-05-2003, 02:00 AM
at the moment I'd have to say MGS2, it's a lot more challenging, and there's plenty more to do.

Plus you can hide under a box.. I mean come on.. You can't do that in Splinter Cell ;)